Icemud's Grow 5.0 - Perpetual Grow - Gas Lamp Routine - Mineralized Soil

Awesome thread and plants ICE. I'm pretty late so alot of catching up to do but I seen the Blue Dream n GSC, OGiesel and they all look mighty fine oooweee!!Looks like top A+ stuff you'd be lucky to find at the dispensary's. good job keep up the good work and il be keeping tuned into this one.

Just a quick update. I needed to do some maintenance work on my veg tent and so last night I went supercrop a fragilisticexpioldocious!! I noticed that the vegging plants were getting really tall but only had a few dominant meristems and weren't as bushy as I would like. I decided to supercrop all of the dominant stems to shift the hormones to the auxillary branches to help them reach up to the light and form more tops. I always supercrop after a good watering so a few hours beforehand I gave the plants plain r/o water. Since now I have all the ingredients to my new soil I will be repotting the plants most likely this weekend as well as getting new pots ready for clones.

The blue dream and the ogiesel had 1 main stem that was significantly larger than the others so I chopped it off. I have never cloned from the top of the plant so I don't know how well they will turn out but put them in clonex, then a root riot plug, buried in soil in a red party cup. I gave them a spray of water and covered them with my cut 2 liter bottles to help increase humidity. Its ok if they dont take because I will be cloning all of them again before moving them to the flower tent, which will be when my flowering plants finish and I am able to clean the tent to rid any remaining pests, molds or spores that may be hiding. 1st to go into flowering will be my pre98 bubba, this will be the last run for my bubba and even though she has produced some really nice buds, they just lack the look and quality that I really prefer so I will most likely not be cloning her.

During the maintenance I also removed any dead foliage and some of the small lower branches to help provide good ventilation.

Well here are the photos of the veg tent.

DSC071861.JPG
DSC071871.JPG
DSC071881.JPG
DSC071892.JPG
DSC07190.JPG
DSC071911.JPG
DSC07192.JPG
DSC071931.JPG
DSC071941.JPG
DSC071951.JPG

Well This weekend things got pushed back slightly but I think I still will be on schedule for getting all that needs to be accomplished, done. The hold up is the dreaded non existent humidity that has been around the last 3 days due to getting offshore winds off the desert. I always hate when my humidity gauge reads -- meaning that the humidty is under 10%. I wanted to friday night harvest my girl scout cookies, cherry pie and ogiesel and use the rest of the weekend to start transplanting, mixing soil ect...but unfortunately the humidity wont be up until tonight through the next week so tonight I decided to harvest my GSC and I may get around to the cherry pie as well but if not it can wait a day.

I have another upcomming business trip in a week or 2 and so I am trying to plan everything around that so I wont be at any critical parts of the grow.

So I took some photo's the other day after I supercropped my veg tent... within 24 hours these photo's were taken and you can see how fast the plants reacted to the supercropping..amazing...
DSC071971.JPG
DSC07198.JPG
DSC07199.JPG
DSC072002.JPG
DSC07201.JPG
DSC07202.JPG

My flowering Tent looks pretty brown but surprisingly the buds are still looking really good and the OG's continue to pack on weight and the calyx's are just starting to swell out fat now. Shouldn't be long.

DSC072031.JPG
DSC07204.JPG
DSC072051.JPG
DSC07206.JPG
DSC07206.JPG
DSC07207.JPG
DSC07208.JPG
DSC07209.JPG
DSC072101.JPG

Well I took the GSC down tonight, she wasn't thickening any more and the white hairs have just about all but stopped. I know if I wait any longer the dreaded banana's might show up and I don't want that, so I took her down. I loved how my washed buds turned out last time so I plan on washing all of my harvests from now on. I also made a video which I will post later for any who are curious how to budwash.

Here are the photos from tonights GSC slaughter :)
DSC07211.JPG
DSC072121.JPG
DSC072121.JPG
DSC072132.JPG
DSC07214.JPG
DSC07215.JPG
DSC07215.JPG
DSC07216.JPG
DSC07218.JPG
DSC07218.JPG
DSC07219.JPG
DSC07219.JPG
DSC07224.JPG
DSC07225.JPG
DSC072262.JPG
DSC072272.JPG
DSC072282.JPG
DSC072311.JPG
DSC072311.JPG

Wow, that's some of the best Cookies I've seen. Great job, Ice!

:bravo:

+reps

Haven't been by in a while Ice man.
Always nice to see the beautiful work you do.
Ive heard of a lot of people washing their buds at harvest, and might have to give t a try since I've got some SNS wash just sitting there.
I just switched over to Organic, and started up a new journal.
But I'm not much on using foliars to feed. I'm sure that's all going to change since going organic.
Can you suggest a good organic foliar tea to make?

Haven't been by in a while Ice man.
Always nice to see the beautiful work you do.
Ive heard of a lot of people washing their buds at harvest, and might have to give t a try since I've got some SNS wash just sitting there.
I just switched over to Organic, and started up a new journal.
But I'm not much on using foliars to feed. I'm sure that's all going to change since going organic.
Can you suggest a good organic foliar tea to make?

Hey Vick, glad to see ya stop by!! Welcome back :) I got your PM too, will try to stop by tonight to check out your new garden :) Yeah so far I am happy with the SNS 311, I would suggest using it in moderation, I used too much last budwashing and the buds tasted a little soapy, not bad and far better than unwashed, but I don't think I either rinsed it off enough or put too much in the 1st bath.

As far as foliar sprays, I hate to recommend something unless I am 100% sure it will work. Foliar spraying is an art and as much as I have read about the subject there are still questions that I have on if I am doing it right and using the right ingredients/additives. As far as I have read, there are a few nutrients/additives that get mentioned over and over for foliar sprays that I would say it is safe to recommend.

sea kelp/cold pressed seaweed (supplies growth hormones and micronutrients) I have read foliar feeding of micronutrients is far more effective than having them root fed.

Fulvic acid/yukka extract: both of these are used as ion transports and allow the nutrients to easily enter the plant through the leaves and help carry the nutrients through the plant. Also known as spreader/sticker/wetting agents/chelates.

Hydrolyzed fish: over and over I see this being mentioned for helping with plant health, raising brix levels and so I included it in the mention. I read that with foliar sprays it helps to always have a slight N to your mixes because it helps transport other nutrients as well as makes them more readily available for the plants. Hydrolized fish also includes Phosphorus which is the "trucker" nutrient and carries other nutrients around the plants.

There are many other things I have experimented with when foliar feeding but I still am experimenting with the additives. The ones mentioned above I use on almost every foliar spray and have had pretty decent luck, but I still have a lot of reading/testing to do to get the process down. With foliar feeding there are certain ingredients/nutrients that you use during flowering/ and some used for veg, and from what I read if you do it wrong or the timing is off, it may actually be counter productive.

Alright everyone, here is tonight's update.. I think I finally found the problem with my leaves spotting, dying off and the plants turning brown... Thrips.. I cut down my cherry pie tonight as well as the remaining Ogiesel and trimmed them up. Upon trimming I noticed them running around on top of the mirror that I trim on. Not a whole lot of them for 2 plants, I believe I only spotted and killed about 15 total but I think that there was probably more that shook off when I was cutting the plants down. Either way the buds were ready to harvest, and most of the middle to top of the plant were hardly effected if at all so overall I am very happy with the results.

Each plant got harvested and trimmed. Then budwashed with the same method I used in the video and hung to dry. Finally the humidity is back up around 50% and will remain this way for at least a week, so my drying can go on without drying too fast and making the buds harsh, brittle and crumbly.

The Ogiesel, I didn't really pull much more than maybe 1/2 oz to 1oz that was remaining on the plant. Still very nice looking buds with tons of trichomes but the way I grew the Ogiesel, it did not get enough light to the buds due to my late topping and so the yield could have been much better. The quality of the smoke however is amazing and one of the highest highs I have had in a long long time. 1 or 2 hits and your complete blown with cheezed out smile on your face feeling like your 10 years younger...an amazing high.
DSC072551.JPG
DSC072561.JPG
DSC072541.JPG

The Cherry Pie...wow, the Cherry pie...the trimmers dream, very low leaf to bud ratio and trimming was cake. The buds were huge, very very dense and had the typical Grandaddy Purp look, tiny leafs but lots of them with lots of orange hairs and tons of little swollen calyxs. Even some of the buds had a very slight purpling to them and hints of the familiar GDP scent with a hint of durban poison sweetness, and with a strong kush scent over the top. The yield for 1 plant is probably between 3-4 oz when all dry and cured because the massive colas and even smaller auxillary buds were dense and golf ball sized... As long as the high is as good as this plant was to me, she will definitely be among the strains to keep for a while.
DSC072361.JPG
DSC072371.JPG
DSC07238.JPG
DSC07246.JPG
DSC072471.JPG
DSC072471.JPG
DSC072481.JPG
DSC072481.JPG
DSC07249.JPG
DSC07250.JPG
DSC07250.JPG
DSC07251.JPG
DSC07251.JPG
DSC072521.JPG
DSC072531.JPG

The remaining SFV OG and UVH OG looking swollen and getting very near harvest. I am probably going to let them go another week or 2 but it will be very very soon. I know they still have some fattening up to do and the trichomes are not yet where I would like them. I think last time I ran UVH OG I let them go for a good 90+ days and they were amazing. As long as the thrips don't tear them apart, I will have a very successful harvest this round..
DSC07239.JPG
DSC07240.JPG
DSC07240.JPG
DSC072412.JPG
DSC072432.JPG
DSC072432.JPG
DSC072441.JPG
DSC072451.JPG

Hi Icemud, congrats on the harvest man the buds look beautiful, and thx for the bud washing video, very helpful and something I plan on doing to my buds after harvest.
Thanks again.
:bravo:

Hey I found my way here by google searching "v-Scrog" that took me to ur 2011 grow. Thought I'd check out ur current grow and seems iv missed the majority. That harvest looked super some nice buds in there my friend.
+reps on ur harvest n video n journal :)

Hey Everyone, I'm back with a quick update for the past few days. I cut the buds that have been drying for about 4-5 days after the bud washing and threw them into jars for curing. They were about 85% dry it felt like by the weight of the buds, a little dry for my taste before curing but I still think I will have some amazing smoke for the next few months. I weighed and jared the cherry pie, the ogiesel and the GSC.

The cherry pie was the best yielder, pretty weak for a 4' plant IMO and I know I can do better with more early topping LST or even scrogging for yield, but the buds are extremely dense and taste like cherry pie..not really a strong taste but an enjoyable smooth smoke that the aftertaste is just that of cherry pie. Very good uplifting high and functional and burns grey powdery ash when the bowl is cashed. Definitely a great strain that I will be running for the next few to come. Total yield was about 56g so about 2oz. Honestly I was hoping for 3 to 4oz plants but I definitely need larger pots and much more training.
DSC072613.JPG
DSC072622.JPG
DSC072622.JPG
DSC072631.JPG
DSC07264.JPG
DSC07265.JPG

The GSC is freaking amazing quality smoke. Full of trichomes, stinks like a skunky mint plant and is very very smooth. The high is definitely heavy and a good movie watching or video game type bud. Definitely doesn't give you the energy of the others I grew, more of a very clean body numbing type high where you feel mentally sharp, but motivation definitely low. :) The taste is incredible and it is very kushy tasting with a light hashy sweetness to it. I am very disappointed at the yield of this one as well for a 4' plant like above I was hoping for at least 3oz but I only got 1oz... thats it, very very top notch smoke though, definitely a connoisseur's type smoke, but would need to be scrogged out or topped a lot to make a hardy yield. I definitely will be keeping this one around as well but have to remember to train better in future grows.
DSC07266.JPG
DSC072671.JPG
DSC072681.JPG
DSC07269.JPG
DSC07269.JPG
DSC07270.JPG
DSC07271.JPG
DSC07272.JPG
DSC072602.JPG
DSC07259.JPG
DSC072581.JPG
DSC072571.JPG

The Ogiesel: Also a connoisseur type smoke, probably the strongest of the 3 mentioned. One or two hits and you feel like as high as the first couple times smoking, way off in outerspace with a huge cheezy grin type high. Great for social high conversation and projects as even though the high is strong, it is very energetic and motivating. The smell is very potent and smells like a skunky OG type smell, lemon diesel mixed with a skunk. The smoke is incredibly smooth as well and flavor is definitely of the OG kush type taste, an expander on the lungs but still very smooth with the organic soil and bud wash. I also was very disappointed in the yield only getting about 3/4 an oz off a 3 1/2 plant, but that was my mistake due to a late topping and very poor light distribution on the buds. Still I am stoked with what I harvested and cant wait to run this one again, would be another great candidate for my scrog. I am thinking of these 3 in a future scrog would have some killer results.

DSC07273.JPG
DSC07274.JPG
DSC07275.JPG
DSC072761.JPG

I also wanted to mention that I was up in Northern Cali in the Sonoma area these past few days and was gifted some seeds that a private breeder gave me. I can't remember what exactly he was telling me it was crossed with but I believe it was some african strain crossed with trainwreck, and then crossed with GSC. Their goal was to keep the GSC traits but get a much better yield. I saw some of the final product plants hanging in his drying room and very very nice smelling full of trichomes and looks like a fun grow. I actually am hoping for some pollen so I could maybe cross it with each of my other strains growing and have some fun with creating the Icemud strains :) lol in total I got about 30 to 40 beans so I think I will have a good variety to choose from and they are not feminized so I am sure to get at least a couple females. I won't be planting them for a while and I will keep them with some feminized OG101 seeds I was gifted, a cut from Whored out Seed Co. Funny name but I've ran some clones they made in the past and whoa... good stuff :)

Hey Vick, glad to see ya stop by!! Welcome back :) I got your PM too, will try to stop by tonight to check out your new garden :) Yeah so far I am happy with the SNS 311, I would suggest using it in moderation, I used too much last budwashing and the buds tasted a little soapy, not bad and far better than unwashed, but I don't think I either rinsed it off enough or put too much in the 1st bath.

As far as foliar sprays, I hate to recommend something unless I am 100% sure it will work. Foliar spraying is an art and as much as I have read about the subject there are still questions that I have on if I am doing it right and using the right ingredients/additives. As far as I have read, there are a few nutrients/additives that get mentioned over and over for foliar sprays that I would say it is safe to recommend.

sea kelp/cold pressed seaweed (supplies growth hormones and micronutrients) I have read foliar feeding of micronutrients is far more effective than having them root fed.

Fulvic acid/yukka extract: both of these are used as ion transports and allow the nutrients to easily enter the plant through the leaves and help carry the nutrients through the plant. Also known as spreader/sticker/wetting agents/chelates.

Hydrolyzed fish: over and over I see this being mentioned for helping with plant health, raising brix levels and so I included it in the mention. I read that with foliar sprays it helps to always have a slight N to your mixes because it helps transport other nutrients as well as makes them more readily available for the plants. Hydrolized fish also includes Phosphorus which is the "trucker" nutrient and carries other nutrients around the plants.

There are many other things I have experimented with when foliar feeding but I still am experimenting with the additives. The ones mentioned above I use on almost every foliar spray and have had pretty decent luck, but I still have a lot of reading/testing to do to get the process down. With foliar feeding there are certain ingredients/nutrients that you use during flowering/ and some used for veg, and from what I read if you do it wrong or the timing is off, it may actually be counter productive.

Right on man!
Thanks for the suggestions.
Gunna brew something up tonight.
I'll let you know how it turns out.
:thumb:

I also wanted to mention that I was up in Northern Cali in the Sonoma area these past few days and was gifted some seeds that a private breeder gave me. I can't remember what exactly he was telling me it was crossed with but I believe it was some african strain crossed with trainwreck, and then crossed with GSC. Their goal was to keep the GSC traits but get a much better yield. I saw some of the final product plants hanging in his drying room and very very nice smelling full of trichomes and looks like a fun grow. I actually am hoping for some pollen so I could maybe cross it with each of my other strains growing and have some fun with creating the Icemud strains :) lol in total I got about 30 to 40 beans so I think I will have a good variety to choose from and they are not feminized so I am sure to get at least a couple females. I won't be planting them for a while and I will keep them with some feminized OG101 seeds I was gifted, a cut from Whored out Seed Co. Funny name but I've ran some clones they made in the past and whoa... good stuff :)

I forgot to add that I took a photo of the gifted seeds from up in Sonoma county as well as the Seeds from Whored out Seed Co that I was gifted... Here is the photos.

DSC07277.JPG
DSC07278.JPG
DSC07279.JPG
DSC07282.JPG

All good Hap n's round here, good score on the seeds,the regular UN "locked" bean is gradually setting harder to find,try and find the latest buzzstrain in reg seed...not common any more, I'm opting for reg seed as often as I can and save pollen if not cuts from the males, but damned plant counts don't care about sex, you treasure all your reg seeds buddy, I've been researching GMO cannabis and it's right around the corner, monsatan Co will own the world !, they are about to get it passed that anything that contains thier DNA is thier intelltual property even our bodies! We eat thier food so.... Read this in a cannabis magazine! Anyway any kind of heritage/landrace seed will be gold, damn those buds look chunked out! Nawiceeee!:high-five:

Update time!! LOL So yesterday I decided that it was time to get my last flowering plants ready for harvest. Since I had success with the few days of darkness in the past I decided to cut the lights off yesterday and let them stay off for 2-3 days before I open the tent to cut the plants down. I did notice a increase in trichomes in past grows when I did this so I figured why not. I also wanted to let the soil get as dry as possible to let them really use up anything they needed in the soil to get those terpines building even more. Most likely tomorrow I will trim them down. Going to be a lot of bud off these 2 plants. Og's are always my best yielders and I should at least get 2-3 oz off each or more. :)

My veg tent needed some tending to and is growing like weeds man!!! lol I swear I have already topped and LST'd these plants a few times and they still continue to grow larger in their little 3 gallon pots. They definitely are in need of a transplant bad and so this weekend will be the weekend where I mix my soil and get them into larger pots. I am going to see if I can find some large smartpots at the store like some 7 gallon ones which will be ideal for my large plants to really thrive and hopefully up the yields as well as require little feeding for most of the cycle. All of the plants growing will also be cloned so that I can get them vegged and keep some for mothers and the others for hopefully a future v-scrog.

So I ended up topping all of the plants and cutting about 5" off each of the tallest stems. Not really topping but more of a stratigic pruning to encourage the lower shoots to catch up. I also lollipopped the plants a good 12" up from the soil to help reduce all the "could be's" I like to call them. (lower branches that never develop into much). This will help focus more energy up top during flowering as well as keep under the foliage nice and clear of debris. I took off any dead or unhealthy leaves as well.

I noticed that my blue dream is still getting attacked by spider mites and I see 2 kinds. Red ones and clear ones... There are not many of them but enough to be concerned. I cut off any damaged leaves or ones that I saw a number of eggs and mites on them. I then hit them with my SNS 217 which is for spider mite control. I will be rotating this with bonide mite x for the next few weeks, every 3-4 days until I hopefully get rid of all of them. When I transplant and also harvest my flowering plants the whole tent is going to get washed with a bleach water solution and scrubbed, and then followed up with a UV-A light for a minute or so to kill off anything that remains. When I tranplant the vegging plants over to the flowering tent I am even considering running the shower and letting it wash my plants leaves off to see if it knocks eggs and mites off that are still hanging around, and then follow up with a few more applications of the mite treatments until I start seeing good buds start developing. All clones I pull will also be washed under my sink and then sprayed with a water/sns mixture/neem to help prevent them from carrying any mites into the newly cleaned veg tent. I hope this works to rid them for future grows but something tells me they will be back. I have to make sure I completely clean everything from pots to plants to walls to lights to fans to make sure that none of it carries any pesties...

Well here are the before and after trimming/topping/defoliation photos of the veg tent....
DSC07283.JPG
DSC07284.JPG
DSC07285.JPG
DSC07286.JPG
DSC072871.JPG
DSC07288.JPG
DSC07289.JPG

After defoliation and trimming/pruning.
DSC07290.JPG
DSC07291.JPG
DSC07291.JPG

Hey Ice, big update there buddy!! Hoping things have been well over ur side of the fence;)
Im going along still at day 41 flower and my girls showing some Banana's now ... Not excited bout that, Ive plucked the ones I could with tweezers but I am unsure on what the future will result in, Hoping it wont affect her bud growth much???
Your nugs looked YUMMY bro:):) Some phat buds, I like your Veg girls too.. Some are so vibrant in color! Makes me keen for my next round... Take it ezy chat soon, Smokem..:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom