Icemud's Grow 6.0. Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel -SFV OG- University Hills OG- Perpetual

Hello Everyone!!! Welcome to my 6th grow journal. Since I decided on making all new soil this round because I have been using the same soil for 4 grows now so I also decided to start with a fresh journal.

Veg Tent:

What strain is it?
These are clones of my last flowering plants, which would make them 3rd generation clones since I originally picked up the clones, with the exception of the blue dream which is about 5th generation clone. Each time I am about to flower my vegging plants I clone them, the vegging plants go to the flowering tent, and the clones go to the veg tent. I just took clones of my plants so I have 2x blue dream, 2x Ogiesel, 2x Cherry Pie, 2x GSC, 2x SFV OG, and 2x University Hills OG.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?

University Hills OG= Unknown OG x Free Tibet (Nepalese Hash Plant x Afghani Hawaiian) x Professional 3-Way [(Unknown DJ short x Unknown Sensi Seeds) x Northern Lights #5 male)]

GSC (thin mint)=OG (rumored a south florida OG kush) x F1 durban (Purple Champagne X Durban Poison))

Cherry Pie= Grand Daddy Purple x F1 Durban (Purple Champagne X Durban Poison)

SFV OG= Chemdawg x {Lemon Thai x Hindu Kush, Pakistan} (Rumored) Not sure what cut I have but it definitely is strong and a good yielding plant.

OGiesel= SFV OG x Giesel ( Chemdawg x Mass. Super Skunk)

Blue Dream= Blueberry x Haze

DSC07345.JPG
DSC07346.JPG
DSC07347.JPG

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Veg

If in Veg... For how long?
Just took the clones yesterday.

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor:
I am using a 2x4 Hydrohut silver edition which actually measures 26" x 55" x 78"" which is about 2 1/2' x 5' x 7'.
DSC07364.JPG

DSC065761.JPG

Soil or Hydro?
Soil

If soil... what is in your mix?
Last night I was researching my old journals, new material as well as suggestions from members here on 420 magazine and I have mixed my soil and it will cook for about 2 weeks while my plants are rooting in the plugs.

I had ordered a bunch of new materials/soil amendments and additives and my goal with this soil is for a healthy mineralized soil and I tried to use guidelines I have found all over the net and from high brix gardening sites. If you visit my last journal (grow 5.0) you will see the different ingredients and ratios and why so I won't get into that here.
DSC071841.JPG
DSC07182.JPG
DSC071801.JPG
DSC071791.JPG
DSC071781.JPG
DSC071751.JPG
DSC07173.JPG
DSC07171.JPG
DSC043821.JPG
DSC043611.JPG
DSC043611.JPG

Today I mixed up: (using a 2 gallon plastic pot for measurement as well as a measuring cup for flour)

I noticed I didn't have enough ProMix HP and Ocean forest left to hit my goal of 23x 2 gallon pots which not only would cover my transplant from 2 gallon pots to 5 gallon pots for my flower tent, but also would have enough to fill 6 more pots, hoping for mostly 5 gallons. With this in mind I had 2x 5 gallon pots of premixed soil sitting around from when I mixed up new stuff last grow, so I threw this into a big rubbermaid...

The Base Soil Mix:
Each of these equaled about 2 1/2 (2gallon) pots.
So a total of 5 pots of premixed soil was used
8 (2gallon pots) of ProMix HP
2 (2 gallon pots) of FF Ocean Forest
2 1/2 (2gal pots) of Worm Castings
1 1/2 (2gal pot) of Volcanic Pumice
2 (2gal pot) of Alaskan Forest Humus

The Amendments: Make up 15% of my total soil mix
1 1/2 Cup of Azomite (trace minerals and micronutrients)
4 Cups of Calcium Carbonate Powder 97%
3 1/2 Cups of Soft Rock Phosphate (Collidal Clay with high phosphorus and CEC value)
1 1/3 Cups of Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate)
2 Cups of Crab Meal 2-3-0 23% calcium(also a P source and source of chitin a hormone/growth regulator)
1 1/2 Cups of Fish Bone meal. (3-18-0) 24% Calcium
1 1/2 Cups of Lava Sand (adds trace minerals and supposedly adds paramagnetic value to the soil)
2 Cups of Crab Shell Meal 2-3-0 23% Calcium
2 Cups of Kelp Meal (also has growth hormones and PGR's, plus trace minerals)
1 Cup of Alfalfa Meal. (2-0-3) (contains Trichontinol which aids in plant growth and health)
1/2 Cup of Powdered Humic Acid (Adds Carbons to the soil as well as trace minerals and aids in chelation of minerals)
1/2 Cup of Humboldt Myco's Maximum (Beneficial Bacteria and Mycorrizae Fungus)
1/2 cup of Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulfate)
1/3 Cup of Greensand (0-0-3) (Trace Minerals)
1/2 Cup of Dry Molasses (1-0-3) (Energy for the Microbes)
DSC07348.JPG
DSC07349.JPG

If soil... What size pot?
Right now they are clones in Root Riot Plugs with a humidity dome, a heating pad a 1x 26w 6500k CFL.

Once they root they will be transplanted into 5gallon square pots, 5 gallon round pots, and a few into 2gallon round pots.

Size of light?
I am running the Gas Lamp Routine which is 12 hours of light, 5.5 hours of dark, 1 hour of light, 5.5 hours of Dark.

For lighting I am using a Phillips Ceramic Metal Halide 400w in a switchable magnetic (xtrasun).
cmhvshps1.jpg
Ceramic_MH1.JPG

Is it aircooled?
Yes:
Air cooled C.A.P hood 6' ducts, a 6" inline can fan (hydrofarm I think) and a fat CanLite carbon scrubber.
DSC06577.JPG

Temp of Room/cab?
Usually sits between 65F and 78F

RH of Room/cab?
Generally ranges from 51%-60%

PH of media or res?
I don't check it

Any Pests ?
I had spidermites on my plants these were taken from but they were treated before taken with Safer End All and will be hit again with SNS Spider Mite spray when they root and get planted to be safe.

How often are you watering?
Clones are sprayed 1x per day and I just make sure there is enough water in the tray to keep the humidity up.

Once they are transplanted, about 1x per week to 1x per 2 weeks when they are young vegging plants. As they get older I usually water about 1x per 4-7 days depending on when they need it.

Type and strength of ferts used?
In veg I usually don't use many ferts besides compost teas. I will post the doses and nutrients used when applicable.

Flower Tent:

What strain is it?

University Hills OG= Unknown OG x Free Tibet (Nepalese Hash Plant x Afghani Hawaiian) x Professional 3-Way [(Unknown DJ short x Unknown Sensi Seeds) x Northern Lights #5 male)]
DSC07354.JPG

GSC (thin mint)=OG (rumored a south florida OG kush) x F1 durban (Purple Champagne X Durban Poison))
Front Middle
DSC07359.JPG

Cherry Pie= Grand Daddy Purple x F1 Durban (Purple Champagne X Durban Poison)
Front left
DSC07356.JPG

SFV OG= Chemdawg x {Lemon Thai x Hindu Kush, Pakistan} (Rumored) Not sure what cut I have but it definitely is strong and a good yielding plant.
Back Left
DSC07357.JPG

OGiesel= SFV OG x Giesel ( Chemdawg x Mass. Super Skunk)
Front Right
DSC07361.JPG

Blue Dream= Blueberry x Haze
Back Middle
DSC07355.JPG

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?

Flower

If in Flower stage... For how long?
Just transplanted today and moved over to flower tent. Tomorrow would be the 1st day of the flip.

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor

Soil or Hydro?
Soil

If soil... what is in your mix?
These were transplanted from 2 gallon plastics to 5 gallon square pots, The Mix used is posted above in the veg section.

If soil... What size pot?
5 Gallon Square pots

Size of light?
I am running 2 lights at 11/13 flowering Schedule

1x 400w Phillips Ceramic Metal Halide with an Xstra Sun Switchable Magnetic Ballast, In a 6" cool tube
1x 600w Lumatek Digital Swichable ballast running a 600w Ushio Optired (dimmed to 400w) in a vented rectangular hood with 6" ports.
cmhvshps1.jpg
cmhvshps1.jpg
Ceramic_MH1.JPG
Ushio_Optired1.JPG
Ushio_Optired1.JPG

DSC04257.JPG
DSC042541.JPG

Is it aircooled?
Yes, I have a cool tube and a vented reflector hood inline with a 4" carbon scrubber attached and powered by a 4" can fan (unknown brand) probably about 250cfm.This runs only when the lights are on.

I also have a 4" carbon scrubber mounted to the roof of the tent, powered by a 400CFM Hydrofarm blower fan, on a speed control dial, running 24/7 on low/med
DSC04255.JPG

DSC04256.JPG

Temp of Room/cab?
Dark hours usually 68f-74f
Daylight hours 72F-82F

RH of Room/cab?
Usually sits between 49% and 55% but when we get an offshore wind the humidity may drop to low 30%.

PH of media or res?
Don't Check it

Any Pests ?
I had problems with spider mites especially on the blue dream, but all infected leaves were removed a week ago and the plants have been on a rotation of sprays including SNS 217 spider mite control, Safer End all, and Bonide MiteX. If there are any left they should be dead as I sprayed them with SNS 217 after the transplant and when they entered my new tent. I also plan on getting some lady bugs for both tents.

How often are you watering?

Usually about 1x per week is about right, sometimes a day or 2 early if the plants are sucking it up fast towards end of flowering.

Type and strength of ferts used?
I use compost teas, Earthjuice and General Organics Mainly. I have a few from Advanced Nutrients and Humboldt Nutrients as well. I will post what is used and how much each feeding.

Here are the rest of the photos of the newly transplanted girls in their new home, the flowering tent.
DSC07352.JPG
DSC073531.JPG
DSC07358.JPG
DSC07359.JPG
DSC07360.JPG
DSC07360.JPG
DSC07361.JPG
DSC073651.JPG
DSC07366.JPG

Re: Icemud's grow 6.0. Cherry Pie, GSC, OGiesel, SFV OG, University Hills OG, Perpetu

subd, looking great,

how did you get them spectrum pics of the bulbs where it shows the spectrum of colours,

since i started growing ive always used the sunmaster 400watt dual spec hps bulb, ive not tried a mh or hps bulb on their own so got nothong really to compare it to but my plants dont have any stretch and seem to do really well with the dual spec bulb.

Re: Icemud's grow 6.0. Cherry Pie, GSC, OGiesel, SFV OG, University Hills OG, Perpetu

Beautiful Ice, things look great and that soil sounds wicked.

Welcome Blazin that!!!! I have high hopes for this grow, hopefully I can keep away all the pests that like to always attack my plants and I should be good to go :)

subd, looking great,

how did you get them spectrum pics of the bulbs where it shows the spectrum of colours,

since i started growing ive always used the sunmaster 400watt dual spec hps bulb, ive not tried a mh or hps bulb on their own so got nothong really to compare it to but my plants dont have any stretch and seem to do really well with the dual spec bulb.

Not sure which photos you were referring to...the ones that show the "rainbow" on a compact disc were taken with a DIY spectrometer I made for like next to nothing.

DIY Spectrometer - Check what wavelengths your lights give out

The one that shows the spectrum charts was on a website that sells the Ceramic Metal Halide bulbs.

I too prefer full spectrum lighting and in my flower tent it is always a CMH and HPS and my veg tent the CMH gives out a very close to par spectrum with full red and blue so it has definitely served me well, especially for a 50$ bulb :)

Welcome my friend!!! Come on in and join the party!!! I see you brought some joints along :)

I'm sub'd for this journal for sure and looking forward to it Ice.
Everything looks great so far.
Good luck with the grow. ;)

Hope you are starting flower now, It looks crowded in there already (watch-out for mold! It's depressing and more work).

I'm subbed, Ice!
:thumb:

subbed

Looks like you still may have some room Icemud! I brought some great edibles for the crew.

Hey Everyone :) Welcome!!!! I just wanted to do a quick update. I started a light feeding on bubble for my flower tent. Really it isn't a feeding but more just some water to wet the soil and some pest preventitives and additves to spark up the microbes.

I added to 5gallons of r/o water:
a small spoonful of kelp meal
SNS 203 concentrated pest soil drench
SNS 209 systematic pest control
1/4 of a mosquito dunk, crushed up
5ml of Orca (beneficial bacteria and mycos)
10ml of fulvic acid
30ml of advanced nutrients organic b

I also added a few root riot plugs to my cloning tray and popped some seeds in to see what comes up. I planted 1 holy grail OG seed from my 2nd grow. I also put 1 unknown purple strain from DNA genetics that was gifted to me. I planted 2x hawaiian seeds that were gifted to me from the island, and 2 of the Purple Steve x GDP from Sonoma Co Norcal.

I am really liking your new journal already Ice. It amazes me what you can do in a small tent.

I am glad you culled that bubba. No use keeping her around if you aren't happy with her. I am sure you will find something better to fill her place. I love the sound of some of those purple seeds.

Keep us updated on how well those systemic SNS products work. I was always curious about those.

I'm sub'd for this journal for sure and looking forward to it Ice.
Everything looks great so far.
Good luck with the grow. ;)

Hey Stealthgrow!!! Thanks for the compliments and for joining the party!!

Hope you are starting flower now, It looks crowded in there already (watch-out for mold! It's depressing and more work).

Yep, :) just took all the newly transplanted girls and stuck them in my flowering tent. I timed my cloning/veg time last run off a little and should have topped them in veg maybe 2x more to decrease height but increase branching. Next run will definitely be doing more topping and pruning. Welcome and thanks for the suggestions :) I've had PM 1x before and it destroyed 5 of 6 plants in late flower, definitely using preventative measures now :)

I'm subbed, Ice!
:thumb:

Woo Hoo!!! Party is getting larger :) Welcome Graytail!!
Subbed. I'm really loving these mineralized soil grows. I'm thinking that's how I'm going to go next round. Looking forward to seeing your progress :cheer:
Adding even the 6-5-3 of calcium carbonate, soft rock phosphate and gypsum can enhance almost any soil grow. When I started learning about the mineralized soils from DocBud I first did a topdressing of just this and huge difference in health of plants :) The easiest and most proven way is using DocBud's kit.. all you need is the kit and ProMix HP. I personally haven't used it but many very respected growers and friends here have with amazing results. I will be using it in the near future, just still wanting to "play around" with different approaches to satisfy my curiosities :) Welcome to my Journal, grab some herb, take a seat and enjoy :)

Welcome Bluefly!!

Looks like you still may have some room Icemud! I brought some great edibles for the crew.
Definitely got room for ya!!! Glad to have you here.

I am really liking your new journal already Ice. It amazes me what you can do in a small tent.

I am glad you culled that bubba. No use keeping her around if you aren't happy with her. I am sure you will find something better to fill her place. I love the sound of some of those purple seeds.

Keep us updated on how well those systemic SNS products work. I was always curious about those.
Honestly, culling the bubba was one of those decisions that just made sense but for some reason I had to convince myself there was no reason to keep it around. I didn't even fret at chopping her because I knew that I had some seeds I've been wanting to run as well as have much better strains that I would rather smoke, I'm happy that I made the decision. :) Glad you were able to stop by my new journal and appreciate the compliments :) This one should be good :)

thanks for the link to your DIY thread, ill have a read, have some reps,

Your welcome, I made one originally because I was curious if what the spectrum charts read was actually what was emitted from the bulbs and the DIY spectrometer gave me a good confirmation. Hope it works out for you as well. To answer your questions in the other post, yes the slit on the opposite side is what lets the light in, best to have it about 1 1/2: long and make the cut as smooth as you can on the edges. Since you have a dual arc, I definitely would love to see how the spectrometer looks with that bulb.

Subbed, wow it looks like school is in session! Well up for this journey, ill be taking plenty of notes for sure.
Hey Light Addict, welcome to my journal. Definitely should be a great journey this round and can't wait to see how things evolve :)

I am highly considering for my flower tent investing in some LED's to replace the HPS bulb. I would like for the time being to use the 400w CMH bulb because it is full spectrum, low heat and the plants love it. The CMH I want to move to the middle of the tent, and put some 100w or 200w LED's on the sides to help raise the par value, keep temps down and cut my electric bill by $31 a month or more. I've researched LED since when I first broke ground on my 1st grow and haven't felt they were up to par vs HID until recently with advancements in spectrum coverage, par value, quality and stable companies. I still don't quite have enough money to spend but have a feeling that very soon the HPS will be getting replaced in the flower tent. Eventually, if I like the results I probably will go full, led, but I have to be impressed to make a full flip over.

I have been looking at getting either 2 Adv. LED DS 100's, or 1 XML 150 which ranged in the mid $500 range. I don't know if the XML 150 would be a fair replacement for the 400w HPS but it seems that it would be close for much less wattage and features the 10w Cree whites for full spectrum which I really want on my LED solution. With the 2x DS100's I would put 1 on each side of the tent which would give optimal lighting for nearly the entire tent, and a bonus with the 400w CMH running. I am not considering any other companies now because none of them have the correct spectrum IMO to grow the best out of the plants. I did look at Lush Lighting who also seems to have some pretty impressive lights, but their prices are way to out of my range and a bit high for my liking. I considered going with a cheaper alternative but I didn't want to cut myself short on the wavelengths used, craftsmanship, and company backing so I believe when I choose it will be Advanced Led, who I think is light years ahead of the rest. I may do this soon but all depends on my budget and hopefully no unaccounted for events that set me back.

Back
Top Bottom