Icemud's Grow 6.0. Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel -SFV OG- University Hills OG- Perpetual

Re: Icemud's Grow 6.0. Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel -SFV OG- University Hills OG- Perpe

So the reason I chose to get the aquarium light for my grow tent is so that I would have a much fuller blue end added to my flowering tent spectrum of the Mars II lights I will have running. Even though the Mars II do an excellent job flowering, I want a fuller spectrum which the aquarium light will provide.

I don't expect this to be an extremely powerful light but I do hope that it is at least bright enough to make a difference in my flowering tent with 3x Mars II 80x5w lights blazing also :)

Here are the stats on the aquarium light.
Dimmer One(28 LEDs): 8 x Cool White 12,000k, 6 x Neutral White 7500k, 6 x Warm White 3500k, 2 x Red 660nm, 2 x Green 520nm, 4 x Violet 420nm
Dimmer Two(27 LEDs): 7 x Royal Blue 450nm, 20 x Blue 460nm

I ran the LED spectrums though an online LED spectrum simulator and this is what I got...

Channel 1 on:
aqua_light_switch_1.jpg

Only blue, Channel 2 on..
aqua_light_switch_2.jpg

Full Spectrum:
aqua_light_both_switch.jpg

I am hoping that this will do exactly as the charts show and add to a much fuller blue end of the flowering tent light :)

Re: Icemud's Grow 6.0. Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel -SFV OG- University Hills OG- Perpe

Happy Munchday Ice :thumb:

Hey Cronichemphog!!!! Happy Mondaze to you as well!!!! and also a Merry Crispnugs to you!!

Looks like Santa found his Christmas Tree!!! Happy Holidaze and Merry Crispnugs to everyone!!!

IMG_20131224_215325.jpg

That's a badass idea,I was gonna put up my t5 last night but I just swapped out my mh for the hps, way more lumens and wider spectrum it's a plantmax 6700k super mh and I want huge gsc and bubba og to flower, I want my big tent totally full, and I have a spare 400 & 600 if needed I'm going for mega full tent, hehe merry crystalmas
:xmas::xmas::xmas::circle-of-love:MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS:circle-of-love::xmas::xmas::xmas:

Merry Christmas Ice :xmas:
don't have a pretty picture of santa like you do tho lol
Have a great night

Well everyone, just got my tracking number from Sara yesterday and my lights are due to arrive on Monday!!! Woo hoo is it going to be a good new year for my girls!!!

Well the GSC is dry and was put into jars for curing yesterday. The buds are crispy dry on the outsides and the insides are still a bit moist. I am burping the jars about 2-3x per day for 1/2 at a time. Each time I open the jar I stick my hand in to feel how humid the jar is and also feel the buds to see if they got moist again, when they do the jar stays open until the outsides of the buds get hard again. I am still pretty dissappointed at the yield of the GSC, I only managed to pull about 1 1/2 oz of her, which from many I have talked to it is a similar story. I have to say though I would rather have 1 1/2 oz of this amazing GSC than double the yield with a subpar strain. GSC is freaking amazing, so strong, and tastes like if a skunk peed on a burning rubber tire filled with diesel fuel... :) very yummy and very potent strain!!!

gsc sounds good man :thumb:

gsc sounds good man :thumb:

The GSC turned out phenominal!!! So flavorful and the smoke inhale is so clean and smooth!! and the high, very very strong!!! I am definitely a lover of GSC!!!

That's one hell of a description of cookies, I hope mine are that interesting,I have 2 phenos going into flower soon and a bubba og elite cut, same one shottafire runs, I can't wait! Your doing the very thing I want to with the mars2 80x5watt lamps, awesome good job bro!

Hey BID!!! glad you were able to stop by and hope you had a great Christmas!

I have to say the Cookies is not only one of the best looking buds I have grown, but the flavor, the high and the smell are simply amazing. Even with just the little 1-2oz I got off her, opening the jar immediately smells up the room and even packing a small nug into a bowl really fills the air with a beautiful skunky og smell. Very sticky too!!!

I can't wait, my delivery will be here today for the new TOP LED lights!! I can't wait!!! I just hope that they all fit in my smaller tent :) I can't wait until I can make a custom one too and run it against the standard spectrum lights to see if there is any difference :) Either way I am very very pleased with the Mars II lights and I have never grown such frosty nugs!!

So I have a question for DocBud or anyone else who has used "the labs" sprays (I can't mention the name because they don't have legal MMJ in their state)

I recently picked up 3 foliar sprays from "the lab"
amaze (seems to be veg or bloom) and used with PGR
pgr (seems also to be veg or bloom and used with Amaze)
bloomit..(during bloom only)

It seems to me that amaze and PGR are used together and can be used in veg and flowering. Is this correct and how frequently are people using these sprays? Any suggestion on how to mix them with water as far as amounts of spray to water ratios?

I also noticed they have a few other products that might also be a benefit to pick up...specifically a product called Way Ahead which is a 3-6-3 spray with all the included micronutrients. Has anyone used this? Would this virtually be the same as just using their other sprays I already ordered and adding some sea kelp or cold pressed seaweed? Other than the added Ca?

They also have a product called Z-hume which is supposed to help support the healthy biota in the soil and contains humic acid and certain amino acids that the microbes favor... would this be the same or similar to hygrozyme? better or worse? different? Would it be worthy of a purchase?

Any other suggestions on the timing, frequency, duration, usage or any other tips for these products from anyone who has used them?

Here's the thread where Doc first started using them:

Doc Bud: All Organic High Brix

Here is just a quick photo update of my new Top LED lights. I will post the unboxing and details later. Also didn't hang the aquarium light yet and still have to run a 2nd power to the middle light to run it at a seperate timer, but right now all lights are daisy chained together and very very bright!!!

I am so happy to be running all these lights for just around 520 watts!! (3x 173w) The tent is much brighter with these 3 Mars II running that it was with my 1000w HID lights (400w and 600w) and has much more usable light for the plants!!! Just by purchasing the 2 new Mars lights and removing the 400w Ceramic Metal Halide I am dropping my power usage by about just about 100w when all 3 lights are running which already saves me about another 12$ a month off my electric bill. So far since the beginning I was paying on average about $250 a month in electricity. Just with the first purchase of the Top LED my bills now are sitting around 150$ a month and should after this purchase sit even lower. The lights will pay themselfs off in less than a year in electricity savings!! Definitely the way to grow green!

Here's the pics!

DSC08133.JPG
DSC08134.JPG
DSC08135.JPG
DSC08136.JPG
DSC08137.JPG
DSC08138.JPG
DSC08139.JPG
DSC08140.JPG
DSC081411.JPG
DSC08142.JPG
DSC08143.JPG
DSC08144.JPG
DSC08145.JPG
DSC08146.JPG
DSC08147.JPG
DSC081481.JPG

Here are 2 lights running in my tent!!
DSC08149.JPG

And now I added the 3rd!!!
DSC081521.JPG
DSC081531.JPG
DSC081541.JPG
DSC081551.JPG
DSC081561.JPG
DSC081571.JPG
DSC081581.JPG

Happy Munchday Ice :thumb:

Alright Everyone here is another brief update and some more photos of the unboxing. Today I received my lights from TOP LED and I couldn't have been more excited. Finally after a few years of wanting to go full LED, I am here!! Shipping was really fast and I ordered on the 23 and they arrived today, even with the holiday and the weekend :) Sweet deal!

I unboxed all of the items and ran some power tests with my kill-a-watt meter to check and see what the draw was. The 2 mars II 80x5w lights were just about spot on with the other one I have.. all reading between 172-178 watts and a draw of between 1.48A-1.53A. I hooked each light up and made sure it worked properly and all LED's were illuminated which they were and then I used the YoYo hangers that Sara threw in for me and put the 2 new Mars II into my tent. (replacing my 400w Ceramic Metal Halide). For right now I have all three lights running by 1 cord, 2 are using the daisy chain feature which is pretty nice, other than the fact the universal female socket doesn't hold the cords very tight so I will have to remind myself to periodically check them to make sure they are snug.

DSC08112.JPG

DSC08120.JPG
DSC08121.JPG
DSC08122.JPG
DSC081231.JPG
DSC08124.JPG
DSC08125.JPG
DSC08126.JPG
DSC081271.JPG
DSC08128.JPG
DSC081291.JPG
DSC08130.JPG
DSC08131.JPG
DSC08132.JPG

I also ordered a Aquarium light which I plan on hanging in my flowering tent as well to help supplement more deep purple blues into the spectrum as well as add slightly more white full spectrum. A little issue occurred with this light during shipping but it is already in process of being resolved favor fully and again Top LED shows has great customer service with their quick response to the issue for correction! :) Overall even though it wasn't in working condition (dented), the fault lies in the hands of the delivery people and the experience was very painless and simple to find a solution with Top LED :) Super Sara to the rescue! overall a pleasant experience and in no way I hold Top Led to blame at all, they have been wonderful!

Wow I have to say the tent is really bright now and there isn't a spot in the tent with dim lighting :) I can't wait for next cycle already to see how these babies perform stand alone. As far as the temperatures in my tent, so far they seem to stay about the same as they were before. I figure it is because with 3 LED's running they are exhausting that warm air into the tent and not into a cooling ducting so even though they run cooler, when compared to my HID system with air cooled hoods, not much reduction overall, maybe a degree or 2.

DSC081521.JPG
DSC081531.JPG
DSC081541.JPG
DSC081551.JPG
DSC081561.JPG
DSC081571.JPG
DSC081581.JPG

Well---enough about the lights...

On to the feeding.. Well the girls are just about done and I imagine that I will start to harvest them in a few days so I gave them what I believe is going to be their final watering. I filled up my 5 gallon bucket with r/o water and bubbled it for a few hours. Then after hanging the lights I fed the girls. The humidity has been extremely low lately 10-20% and I have been having a slightly hard time on keeping the humidity right in the tent. It usually has been sitting on the high 28-34% range with my humidifier going but hopefully it will get a little moister for harvest time, because I don't want the buds to dry out too fast.

Other than that, should be a pretty successful harvest. Overall even though the leaves look terrible, the buds look amazing in the light and up close so I have a good feeling I will be able to enjoy a good harvest. I think next round will be my V-Scrog so stay tuned!! Things might get a little scroggy in here :)

So I have a question for DocBud or anyone else who has used "the labs" sprays (I can't mention the name because they don't have legal MMJ in their state)

I recently picked up 3 foliar sprays from "the lab"
amaze (seems to be veg or bloom) and used with PGR
pgr (seems also to be veg or bloom and used with Amaze)
bloomit..(during bloom only)

It seems to me that amaze and PGR are used together and can be used in veg and flowering. Is this correct and how frequently are people using these sprays? Any suggestion on how to mix them with water as far as amounts of spray to water ratios?

I mixed them 1oz per quart and used them weekly...If you got Bloomit too...1oz per qt with about Tbl of Dextrose..I personally use Bloomit 2x in early flower, about when the buds are set. Be sure to give your plants a shake about an hour after you spray, or you'll end up with spotty leaves ;)

I also noticed they have a few other products that might also be a benefit to pick up...specifically a product called Way Ahead which is a 3-6-3 spray with all the included micronutrients. Has anyone used this? Would this virtually be the same as just using their other sprays I already ordered and adding some sea kelp or cold pressed seaweed? Other than the added Ca?

I have not used that.

They also have a product called Z-hume which is supposed to help support the healthy biota in the soil and contains humic acid and certain amino acids that the microbes favor... would this be the same or similar to hygrozyme? better or worse? different? Would it be worthy of a purchase?

It's retarded strong and better used with properly formulated soil, I doubt it will work without the rest of the goodies

Any other suggestions on the timing, frequency, duration, usage or any other tips for these products from anyone who has used them?

Happy New Year Ice!!! Your tent looks amazing bro!!! Congrats on the new lights, I know your gonna be a happy guy. I'm also looking forward to another addition of your V-scrog:high-five:

Happy Weednsday Ice :thumb:
and a prosperous and bountiful big bud new year to you man :peace:

Happy New Years 2014 everyone!!! May this year be filled with swollen nugs, frosty trichomes, health, fun, and most of all great memories!!!

Ice

the LED is still way confusing to me regarding watts needed to replace watts.

You now have 3x175=525w. you replaced your 400W hps.

so you are really not saving any electricity, whats the big advantage?

Ice

the LED is still way confusing to me regarding watts needed to replace watts.

You now have 3x175=525w. you replaced your 400W hps.

so you are really not saving any electricity, whats the big advantage?

I was running 2 HID lights...first I replaced a 600w HPS with 1 of the Mars II, Then I replaced the 400w...so overall I am using about 575w less to flower.

Back
Top Bottom