Icemud's Grow 6.0. Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel -SFV OG- University Hills OG- Perpetual

Re: Icemud's Grow 6.0. Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel -SFV OG- University Hills OG- Perpe

congrats on the harvest mate, them buds look a nice size and look pretty dense,
also what breeder was the gsc from as ill give it at try at some point, looks and sounds like a nice strain

thanks for the LED info, my problem is shipping costs as im in the uk, my plans are to run 3 grow rooms, currently im running 1 with the watt dual spec, so ideally id like to find an led i can do a side by side grow with, id use my hps in one room and using clones id run an equivalent led then i can compare side by side grows witth clone, that will tell me what i need to know plus it may help other decide if their worth it or not, theirs plenty of journals on where people have changed to led and even testing leds for companies but their not doing side by side grows with the same strain so its an unfair test.

my plans are to run 3 rooms but using much higher wattage lights, my 400 watt now would be upgraded to a 1000watt hid if i was going to grow with hids and not led's, but the problem is if i had a 1000watt hid in each room then my plants would be cooked within an hour or 2, so what id look at doing is possibly having 2 leds per room and use lights that give out the same light as a 1000watt hid but in theory that means i could run leds lower than 1000watts per room and it still compares with a 1000watt hid, so i could jump in and buy 6 leds so ive got 2 for each room, but their not cheap so thats a big outlay but i i can get a 400watt replacement then i can do some testing then id possibly have 2x 400watt hid replacement led's in each room but i cant afford to buy 6 lights and not know how they will perform,

but your input helps so i will try a 400watt hid replacment in the near future and do a side by side grow, until i do that i dont want to spend lots of £££££ on something that might not be as good as a hid light, im pretty sure led's are the future of growing but they performed very poor in the past and thats what put my off, i didnt want to pay a lot out and find out i had wasted my cash, so ill see if i can borrow a light or buy just 1 to do the side by side

happy new year buddy

Re: Icemud's Grow 6.0. Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel -SFV OG- University Hills OG- Perpe

Happy Sativaday Ice
Chronic Weekend to you :thumb:

Happy Skunkday Ice :thumb:

Hey everyone...so over the past few days I have been harvesting and as of now my tent is completely done :) YEAH!! woo hoo!! New buds to smoke and enjoy :)

Yesterday I took the Ogiesel and Cherry Pie down that I had drying and cut the nugs off the stems and put them into jars. The nugs were crispy on the outside and the insides were still moist, the stems were pretty dry, but not quite snapping yet. I have been opening the jars every few hours and letting the jars sit open until the outsides of the buds get slightly crispy again, then I close them up for a few hours and repeat. The nugs are still pretty moist so I don't want them to mold and so I also slowly churn/rotate the buds carefully to break up the clumps of them stuck together for more even drying/curing. They are looking and smelling amazing!!! Definitely did a great job this time in my garden :)

As for the GSC, well its been about 2 weeks or so of curing and I have already dipped into the jar. I can not get enough of the GSC, got my hand in the "cookies" jar constantly!! LOL The tastes is of a very full OG with a fruity purple type undertone, very smooth inhale on the throat but definitely expands in the lungs but a very smooth and tasty exhale. The smoke burning smells of a hashy OG, very skunky and sticky when broken up. Truely one of my new favorite smokes and this cut will definitely be staying around my grow area for a while!! I will be doing 2 in a scrog on my other journal soon :) as far as yield I didn't weigh it dry but I would say I only got about 1 1/2oz total off the plant.

The University Hills OG now has probably dried 80% and the middles are still slightly moist on the buds but the overall wicking of moisture is about complete. I have only been opening this jar about 1x per day for about 30 minutes and then closing it. Each time I open the jar a fruity og smell fills the air, definitely a sweeter fruity og, and less skunky. Very potent smelling though. I have smoked a little of it prematurely dry and it is very very strong, I found myself being completely high after just a few hits. Definitely one of my favorite OGs. I haven't weighed it yet but probably would estimate about 2- 2 1/2oz off this plant.

So Yesterday I harvested my SFV OG and hung it to dry. Definitely got a pretty nice yield and the buds were coated with trichomes. I trimmed off the yellow and dead leaves and the SFV trimmed up really nice. I love trimming OG's because they take hardly any effort and there is very little leaves on the buds :) definitely makes trimming quick! I haven't estimated the yield yet because I am still drying them and its hard to tell until they are cut into jars but a quick look estimate would say 2 1/2 to 3 oz off this plant.
DSC082932.JPG
DSC082941.JPG
DSC082984.JPG
DSC083002.JPG
DSC083012.JPG
DSC083022.JPG

Today I harvested the Blue dream, She didn't really yield much as she had some issues during flowering and seemed to just stop growing for a while, as well as was overcrowded and overgrown by the surrounding plants so she didn't get as much light as she could have. Overall still some very very fragrent buds, definitely has the distinct blue dream smell, but I definitely think it is crossed with something else because it has a very ginger ale/piney smell to it almost like a xj-13. The yield was probably only about 1 1 1/2 oz off the plant but still was really nice looking buds and covered in tricomes. I will take close ups after drying.

DSC082951.JPG
DSC082962.JPG
DSC082972.JPG

I also harvested all the "smalls" off of the UVH OG that I left under the light for a few more days. This definitely helped them mature quickly and harden up slightly in the extra few days so I pulled them off, trimmed them up, washed them and hung them to dry. Probably only another 1/2oz off this one, but very strong smelling and sticky. :)
DSC083032.JPG

DSC083081.JPG
DSC083091.JPG
DSC083101.JPG

All the buds from this grow were washed in just regular r/o d/i water and hung to dry in my cardboard/moving box drying closet.

Tomorrow I will be cleaning the tent, removing all the pots, cleaning the catch trays, and getting everything ready with my scrog screen, and ready to transplant and move over my other girls from the veg tent. That will all be done in my other journal after the cleaning. As for this journal it has pretty much come to an end. I will weigh everything out once dry and post the total weight for this grow along with photos once the buds have dried and cured. I definitely did a good job this time but I know I still have a lot of room for improvement. I also can't wait for my next flowering round since it will be a return of my V-Scrog, but with the removal of my 1000w of HID lighting and the addition of 3x Mars II 80x5w LED from Top LED. A overall reduction of around 518w of electricity, but brigher and with more usable light, I think this may be a very interesting grow!! I invite all of you over to my other journal to stay tuned for the transplant, new clones, v-scrog and the finish of my 1st all LED grow! :)
DSC083072.JPG
DSC083042.JPG
DSC083062.JPG
DSC083052.JPG

congrats on the harvest mate, them buds look a nice size and look pretty dense,
also what breeder was the gsc from as ill give it at try at some point, looks and sounds like a nice strain

thanks for the LED info, my problem is shipping costs as im in the uk, my plans are to run 3 grow rooms, currently im running 1 with the watt dual spec, so ideally id like to find an led i can do a side by side grow with, id use my hps in one room and using clones id run an equivalent led then i can compare side by side grows witth clone, that will tell me what i need to know plus it may help other decide if their worth it or not, theirs plenty of journals on where people have changed to led and even testing leds for companies but their not doing side by side grows with the same strain so its an unfair test.

my plans are to run 3 rooms but using much higher wattage lights, my 400 watt now would be upgraded to a 1000watt hid if i was going to grow with hids and not led's, but the problem is if i had a 1000watt hid in each room then my plants would be cooked within an hour or 2, so what id look at doing is possibly having 2 leds per room and use lights that give out the same light as a 1000watt hid but in theory that means i could run leds lower than 1000watts per room and it still compares with a 1000watt hid, so i could jump in and buy 6 leds so ive got 2 for each room, but their not cheap so thats a big outlay but i i can get a 400watt replacement then i can do some testing then id possibly have 2x 400watt hid replacement led's in each room but i cant afford to buy 6 lights and not know how they will perform,

but your input helps so i will try a 400watt hid replacment in the near future and do a side by side grow, until i do that i dont want to spend lots of £££££ on something that might not be as good as a hid light, im pretty sure led's are the future of growing but they performed very poor in the past and thats what put my off, i didnt want to pay a lot out and find out i had wasted my cash, so ill see if i can borrow a light or buy just 1 to do the side by side

happy new year buddy

Thanks DonPaul!! The buds this time turned out amazing, very dense, very very fragrant, and full of trichomes :) I couldn't be happier. I don't know if it was the new mix of soil, the improved feeding schedule, the LED's or a combo of the above but this harvest quality was much much better :)

You should check out those Budmaster LED light panels, BID is using them and his plants are looking amazing under them, and there prices are really good. Also TOP LED also I believe ships to UK and their prices are very affordable, part of the reason I made the jump to LED, because with all the other "brand name" LED companies, I couldn't afford their ridiculous markup. I am very happy with the top LED lights that I ordered more and now am running completely LED, both my veg tent and flowering one. I have to say for the price, I definitely would recommend either of the above mentioned brands :) I looked at it as a short term investment, overall spending probably around 1000$ for my flowering and veg tent LED setups, but I am also saving about 515W in electricity or more vs before, which is saving me around 80$-100$ a month off my bill due to also removing fans, running existing fans at lower speeds and such, within a year I have already saved in electricity the cost of the lights. :) ROI within 1 year or less, not too shabby :)

Happy Skunkday Ice :thumb:

Hey CronicHemphog!! Happy Munchday!!!!

I think im already subbed to your other current journal
Gratz on the harvest Ice
cant wait till you fill it up again Happy Munchday :thumb:

Congratulations on your harvest!

Thank you King John C!!! It definitely is very high quality this time :) now back to my vscrog to get the yield up :) feel free to join me on my current journal, top link in my signature :)

I think im already subbed to your other current journal
Gratz on the harvest Ice
cant wait till you fill it up again Happy Munchday :thumb:

Thank you Cronic!!! I really appreciate all your help and kindness thoughout this journal!! Happy Shatterday to you! :)

Wow! Beautiful frosty nugs! Led up's the quality for sure I'm harvesting my first all budmasterII sour diesel#2 most all leaves are red/maroon /purple most notable is the Trich coverage! Just a few nugs and my trimmers are clogged with red hash already more than I get from most plants, and I'm not even 1/4 done it was tomato caged and tied down, yeild will be my best yet, led's have definatly arrived brother ice! The Scrog will be nuts! I'll be right over ! Congrats :adore:

Hey everyone...So I wanted to conclude this journal with some photo's of what I have left of my harvest. All of my harvested buds have not been curing for over 3 weeks, some 4 and 5 weeks and I couldn't be happier with the overall harvest. I didn't get a chance to weigh the final harvests but I could give a pretty good estimate. (conservative estimate)

UVH OG about 2 oz
SFV OG about 3 oz
GSC about 1 oz
Ogiesel about 2oz
Blue dream (pretty much didn't get enough light and so buds are going toward edibles ) about 1 oz
Cherry Pie about 2 oz

So overall I yielded around 11oz off my grow, not nearly close to what my V-Scrog was putting out, and it is not because of the light because the numbers were pretty consistent with my last grow, same strains under HID. If you haven't visited my new journal, check out the return of the v-scrog under my new Mars II leds! Same strains as this journal, minus the blue dream, but now scrogged out and under LED with some new foliar sprays and teas :)

So for the smoke report: All of the buds were washed in a 1 part was of pure R/O D/I water with no additives. More of a rinse than a wash, mostly wanted to remove any dust and trimmings as well as give a last hydration to the buds.

SFV OG: This one turned out just like the majority of the OG's I have had, but with a more complex flavor that lasts all the way through the bowl. The nugs are very fragrant and easily can smell up a room if the jar is left open for a few moments. As far as the smoke, very very smooth on the inhale and very pleasant on the throat with minimal lung expansion. The high is very heavy, and only 1 or 2 hits are needed to be very enlightened to simplicity as I guess I would describe the high. Very "in the head" and the mind races with ideas and thoughts, not much couch lock, but more of kind of a "brain fart" type feeling because so many thoughs racing so fast :) Definitely a great uppity high. The flavor is that of a strong OG, very rubbery/fuel/lemony/skunk but also has a slight sweetness to it on the back end of an exhale.

GSC: This now has risen to one of my favorite strains, up there with blue dream, GDP and OG. The buds are completely rock hard, dense and heavy, even small quarter size buds weigh more than the norm :) As far as a yield, not much compared to all other strains I have grown, but the quality makes up for that big time. The buds are coated with trichomes, I mean coated! The fragarence of the GSC is also very complex and extremely strong. This by far is the stinkiest of them all, one little nug packed in a bowl will completely engolf the room, even before its smoked. The smoke is also extremely smooth on the throat and lungs with slight lung expansion. The high is immediate and you feel instantly a smile and a lighter feeling head and mood. Very uppity as well and great for socialization, art or being creative, projects or other things needed to be done. Don't mistake the energy for a weak high because it definitely will have your mind in a whirlwind of thoughts and almost a music type vibe through your body. The taste is also very complex as well as the smell. Upon first whiff you smell that OG kush funk, that skunky/minty/lemon type smell from OG kush, but then as the smell gets more complex, there is a very deep undertone of dark cherry and some other type of floral smelling berry to the smell. The taste is also very similar with a very strong OG Kush smell up front, followed by a sweet, berry/cherry type aftertaste :) Delicious. The burning smoke smells like hash burning because of so many trichomes on the buds :) definitely one of my favorites :)

UVH OG: This is definitely one of my favorite OG's and one of the heaviest hitting of the batch. Since this is a 3 way cross, there are many traits of typical OG kush appearant, but also many qualities and undertones of other strains also and this is why I enjoy it so much. The buds are dense and the typical OG type look, pinecone shaped, hardly any leaf and all bud and rock hard/very dense. Typical main buds are larger followed by popcorn and round buds like most ogs but the buds seemed to have more girth to them and slightly more hairs than most of my other ogs. The fragerance is very potent and smells upon first whiff like a strong og/but with less skunkyness and more of a tropical hawaiian type scent to it. More sweet than skunky. The buds burn nice and long and the flavor lasts all the way through to the last hit. Upon inhale the smoke is very smooth and had a very fruity sweet type OG taste to it, and 1 or 2 hits and you want to sit down, lay down, and watch a movie or play some video games. Very heavy indica feeling high which definitely will have you taking a lot of naps. Great for nightime when I can't fall asleep, usually I wake up in the morning with a bowl half packed still.

Cherry Pie: The Cherry Pie is an interesting strain and I can't really tell if I like it or not. The buds are beautiful looking, large full and coated with trichomes, but the high and flavor remind me more of big bud, where the buds look great, but its kind of ehhh when it comes to being top shelf. The Cherry Pie is in the same category with me where its ok, but I almost would rather grow another of my other strains instead of it. The smoke is very smooth and easy to inhale, even with very large hits there is hardly any cough. As far as the smell, not one of the most potent smelling buds, even though opening the jar, the smell is there, it doesn't overpower the room and more is like a passing smell as if someone walked by with perfume on. The fragarence itself smells like if you were to smell the candy like smarties or one of those candy necklass's, sweet but not extremely fragarant, kind of suttle. The taste when smoked is also very much the same, a very fruity candy type taste to it and great on the exhale. The high itself is either very uppity where I cant really notice it or it maybe isn't that strong compared to my other strains, but this one usually takes me a full packed bowl to really feel the effects. The high is rather suttle as well and so I am running it 1 more time and then may replace it with some of the new cuts I recently picked up :) (see my other journal).

DSC084292.JPG
DSC084302.JPG
DSC084311.JPG
DSC084321.JPG
DSC084334.JPG
DSC08434.JPG

OGiesel: This also has risen to my list of favorites and definitely is going to stay around my garden for a while. This one is beautiful when you look at the buds, everything is coated with trichomes and the buds finished rock hard, dispite their sort of airy structure. Upon opening the jar, it smells of a clean rubber/OG/Skunk/fuel/lemon smell that definitely is overpowering. Very sticky when broken up the buds will literally stick to anything :) The smoke is very smooth on the throat and lungs, but there is some lung expansion and a large hit will definitely leave you coughing. As soon as you take the first hit you feel this one, and it hits hard. The taste is very much like the smell and has a rubber/fuel/skunk/lemon flavor and is very strong and stays in your mouth for a while. The high is kind of a 50/50 mix of sativa/indica feel where its not completely skyrocking you out of your chair, but your not napping either. Good for creative type things and projects. Also good for pain :)

DSC084122.JPG
DSC084132.JPG
DSC08417.JPG
DSC08418.JPG
DSC084201.JPG
DSC08421.JPG
DSC084221.JPG
DSC084252.JPG
DSC08426.JPG
DSC084281.JPG

Blue Dream: Well I am dissappointed at this cut and so I culled her a while ago and this is the last run for the blue dream. I don't believe this is the true cut of blue dream and more of a hybrid or something because being a huge blue dream lover, this one lacks the smell and taste of bluedream, even though the bud structure and plant characteristics look very similar. My growerbuddy who is very familiar with BD also said it wasn't the real thing so it wasn't a hard decision for me to pull. What I harvested was not all that because the plant was overtaken in my tent by the others and didn't really get enough light, as well as had some kind of issues early-mid flower. Either way this one will go to make edibles or oil or something. Overall not a total loss because it still gets me high, but tastes more like a xj-13 or haze type taste to it...

:bravo::high-five::goodjob:

So for my flowering tent, things are looking really good. Today would be day 20 of flowering from the flip.

The girls soil was looking pretty dry so I started up a batch of compost tea earlier today. I mixed up 1 teabag of my premixed soil and added it to 5 gallons of R/O water on bubble. I added 1 spoonful of gypsum, 1 spoonful of soft rock phosphate, 1 spoonful of azamite, and 1/3 spoonfuls of lava sand. This immediately within an hour was bubbling like crazy and I didn't add any sugars or molasses!!

After 1 hour:
DSC07641.JPG

I decided after about 5 hours of bubbling the girls were ready to be fed. I drenched the soil with strait compost tea, letting the drip pans fill up with water. I then took a turkey baster and sucked up all the water in the drip pans. I wanted to make sure to run a lot of compost tea through the soil just to make sure I don't get too much salt build up which I think may have happened last grow. (I was just letting the water sit and evaporate, but I think the soil was sucking it all back up)

Here are some Photos. I love how the lights look together...looks like art or something beautiful!
DSC07642.JPG
DSC07643.JPG
DSC07644.JPG

I decided that my ladies are dirty and like it rough, so I supercropped just about all of the tops for all of my plants. (Almost looks like something smashed them, but nope, it was me carefully) I did this to help even out my canopy's as well as distribute more light to all of the budsites. I've done this before in flowering with very good results so I decided to do it again :)

Here are the photo's after the Supercropping:

DSC07645.JPG
DSC07646.JPG
DSC07647.JPG
DSC076481.JPG
DSC076492.JPG
DSC076501.JPG
DSC07651.JPG
DSC076521.JPG
DSC07653.JPG
DSC076541.JPG
DSC07655.JPG
DSC076561.JPG

I also gave the girls after the supercropping a foliar spray of the compost tea I had brewing. I didn't add anything, just strait compost tea.

Other than that I couldn't be happier with the new MARS II LED. It rocks!!

Here's some photos from tonight...
DSC07642.JPG
DSC07643.JPG
DSC07644.JPG

Dude your grows are awesome I wish you would have gave me some advice when you stop by grow journal earlier. All good tho. Keep the secrets!!!

Back
Top Bottom