Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing & Review

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0, NEW Intelligent-Gro LED, 2x IGRO-228 LED, Testing and Review.

Very cool. Subbed

Welcome Beleaf!!! I am pretty excited myself!!! Grab yourself a comfy seat and some Medibles and enjoy the show! :)

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

Subbed! My first post on 420! Been reading since XLR8 was still hitting up the autos with CFLs but too much of a lurker to post until now.

This thread looks fantastic from lights to strains so it seems the perfect first subscription. Looking to remove HPS/MH from my tent now for heat and electricity savings so I found your heat reading very interesting. Something tells me my HPS at 400 is hotter than those LEDs you are sporting. :blalol:

Thanks for taking the time to make such great journals. They have helped me a ton over the last couple years. Time to start one of my own I guess.

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

Subbed! My first post on 420! Been reading since XLR8 was still hitting up the autos with CFLs but too much of a lurker to post until now.

This thread looks fantastic from lights to strains so it seems the perfect first subscription. Looking to remove HPS/MH from my tent now for heat and electricity savings so I found your head reading very interesting. Something tells me my HPS at 400 is hotter than those LEDs you are sporting. :blalol:

Thanks for taking the time to make such great journals. They have helped me a ton over the last couple years. Time to start one of my own I guess.

Dr. Bob!!! What an honor to have you post your 1st post here on my journal!! Welcome to 420 Magazine!!! Thank you so much for your compliments! I definitely try to be as detailed as I can because it really helps others make their decisions on plants, products and processes, and its actually how I learned 90% of what I know as well :)
I do have to say LED run cooler than HPS/HID/MH lights and alone the energy savings can almost split your bill in half!! Definitely the new way of growing and I can honestly say LED is here to stay!!!

You are very welcome for all the information and I hope you stick around for the show!!! Glad to have ya here! and again, Welcome to 420 Magazine!!!

The honor is all mine to be able to participate! And I am in for the duration. Just started some seeds so I am watching you and Doc's grow (the real 420 Doc with an actual doctorate in bud growing vs mine that is in self medicating) so I can learn how to make a good journal.

Dr. Bob!!! What an honor to have you post your 1st post here on my journal!! Welcome to 420 Magazine!!! Thank you so much for your compliments! I definitely try to be as detailed as I can because it really helps others make their decisions on plants, products and processes, and its actually how I learned 90% of what I know as well :)
I do have to say LED run cooler than HPS/HID/MH lights and alone the energy savings can almost split your bill in half!! Definitely the new way of growing and I can honestly say LED is here to stay!!!

You are very welcome for all the information and I hope you stick around for the show!!! Glad to have ya here! and again, Welcome to 420 Magazine!!!

Icemud, is there a journal starting tutorial for newbs here on 420mag?

I actually know the answer to this one!!!

How to Make a Grow Journal

That link also has the information for uploading images that one needs as well. I was in the middle of reading it and making pics for my intro post so I had it up in front of me when you asked. Now thats good timing!

Subscribed. What strains are you growing? Is there any included hanging distance for your lights?

Hey KingJohnC!!! the strains I am growing are these...

Black Cherry Cola: not exactly sure what the genetics are but found this on one website "Airborne G13 X Ortega x C99 x Blackberry x Cherry AK-47 – 20% Indica/80% Sativa"

GDP: Supposedly Big Bud x Purple Eurkle, this is one of my favorite strains. I am excited to have 2 of them Definitely going to have to keep them around for a while.

Harlequin: A High CBD strain that gives about a 1:1 ratio of THC/CBD, great for the medicinal effects without a full blown high. About a 75%/25% sative/indica and typically produces 4-6% CBD or higher I couldn't find the details on the genetics but the sativa side is supposedly from a columbian gold and a strain from switzerland and the indica side from a Nepal strain.

Purple Dragon: Purple Urkle x Blue dragon (Sour Diesel x Blueberry)

Green Candy OG: Green Cr@ck x Candy Kush (OG x Trainwreck)

As of now I have the lights 18" above the plants top leaves. I looked at the plants today and the leaves seem to be slightly droopy compared to the day before so I might have the lights a little too close. It might also be that I changed the plants from the GLR to a 18/6 schedule so they may be adjusting.

Welcome NewGrowKing!!! I am very impressed with these lights, the spectrums used, the design and the custom settings!! I think these Intelligent-Gro Led's are going to blow my mind!

i agree 100% im blown away at the brightness and damn you been busy, you did all this today?? wtf! awesome! i got a few pic up is all lol your making me look bad!!! lol only had mine 45 min tho,,looking great ice:thumb:
subbed

Nice work Ice, I'm along for the ride. BID is right, you knocked it out of the park man. Loving it so far.

Question for you icemud: i also asked this in BID's journal. Will you guys be using the same light program for your grows? Not sure if you guys planned to work out a test of sorts or not? Or if you'll each do your very own grow?

Hey KingJohnC!!! the strains I am growing are these...

Black Cherry Cola: not exactly sure what the genetics are but found this on one website "Airborne G13 X Ortega x C99 x Blackberry x Cherry AK-47 — 20% Indica/80% Sativa"

GDP: Supposedly Big Bud x Purple Eurkle, this is one of my favorite strains. I am excited to have 2 of them Definitely going to have to keep them around for a while.

Harlequin: A High CBD strain that gives about a 1:1 ratio of THC/CBD, great for the medicinal effects without a full blown high. About a 75%/25% sative/indica and typically produces 4-6% CBD or higher I couldn't find the details on the genetics but the sativa side is supposedly from a columbian gold and a strain from switzerland and the indica side from a Nepal strain.

Purple Dragon: Purple Urkle x Blue dragon (Sour Diesel x Blueberry)

Green Candy OG: Green Cr@ck x Candy Kush (OG x Trainwreck)

As of now I have the lights 18" above the plants top leaves. I looked at the plants today and the leaves seem to be slightly droopy compared to the day before so I might have the lights a little too close. It might also be that I changed the plants from the GLR to a 18/6 schedule so they may be adjusting.

Your better off starting farther away from the plants.. then lowering them slowly as needed.

i agree 100% im blown away at the brightness and damn you been busy, you did all this today?? wtf! awesome! i got a few pic up is all lol your making me look bad!!! lol only had mine 45 min tho,,looking great ice:thumb:
subbed

Yeah it definitely was a busy day for me yesterday and today and tomorrow will be as well. I am also getting my 3rd tent ready for a long awaited breeding project which I definitely will need your expert advice on :) Its not ready for a journal but probably will see it pop up in the next few days as well... still gotta mix the soil, transplant the clones and get the ventilation hooked up :)

I am so excited about these lights... the custom settings is just simply put...Bad Ass!!! I definitely see many future experiments with different settings and such!! and wow, they are very very bright! Cant wait to see how your test journal goes as well!! Those ones you got look really awesome too!

Wow Ice, you really go into detail with you descriptions and objective; very scientific methodology. Perhaps you can explain to me the Higgs Boson and Dark Matter. I got curtains on Sunday - aint that something!

LOL...that was a good one Jammzhow!!! Yeah I've always had a knack for math and sciences and analytical thinking so I think it carries off on my journals as well :) Being that this is a test grow I definitely wanted to give all the info I can on the lights, their performance and the observations I see :) I wish I had a par light meter to take it 1 step further, but they are like 300$ for one so that will be a future gift to myself :) Anyhow I am blown away by the design of these lights, the ability to set custom spectrums and how dang bright they are!! wow is all I have to say!

Nice work Ice, I'm along for the ride. BID is right, you knocked it out of the park man. Loving it so far.

Thank you so much for the compliment Timothypaul! I am happy to have ya here as I believe these lights are going to produce some amazing buds!!

Question for you icemud: i also asked this in BID's journal. Will you guys be using the same light program for your grows? Not sure if you guys planned to work out a test of sorts or not? Or if you'll each do your very own grow?

I'm not quite sure what light program BID is using yet but I'm sure he will answer you back shortly in his journal or even over here :) I stated off with the VEG program that is recommended on the Intelligent-Gro website and will use it until flowering in which then I will switch to the 12 hour "Bloom" Program.

After I finish this run with the lights, I have many ideas that I would like to try with the custom settings as well, but wanted to first run the recommended ones to see how my plants do :)

21hr-Clone-program-graph.png
18hr-Veg-program-graph.png
12hr-Bloom-program-graph.png

Your better off starting farther away from the plants.. then lowering them slowly as needed.

Hey Danky David!!! Hope you like the start of the journal so far...was a busy day yesterday for me, but I had a smile on my face the whole time knowing I get to try out these awesome cutting edge lights!! (wiping my nose off...LOL)

So today, the plants looked great, and I left the lights where they were for the time being. The leaves were all stretching up towards the Intelligent-Gro 228w's and they plants looked very happy!!! I will keep watch on them but right now my plants seem to be loving the heavenly light from above!

Stil working on the video....so it may be another day until its done, but I think it is going to turn out really good as well :)

Back
Top Bottom