Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing & Review

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

Journal update.....

I just did a trichome check on all the plants..... all clear still, got some time before they are ready :) probably at least 2 weeks out, maybe longer :)

I also flushed my ogiesel and my back middle-left mystery strain, (I think its some kind of og kush by the smell, but different growth traits than a Original OG, so not sure what its crossed with but smells amazing).

They both didn't get flushed when I did my other girls about a week ago so I ran some water though the soil, checked the ppm... The ogiesel was sitting nicely around 800ppm which from other grows seems to be a good place for the runoff, however the mystery strain was sitting around 1600ppm which was too high, so I flushed her out with about 3 gallons of water which brought the runoff down to around 800-900ppm which is acceptable.

I will be also doing the other plants that didn't get the flush treatment last week.

Other than that, the plants I did to a flush on last week really are showing good new white pistil formation and signs of health.
:lot-o-toke::bitingnails::woohoo:
I love the nervous waiting.

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

:lot-o-toke::bitingnails::woohoo:
I love the nervous waiting.

I'll get some new photos up tomorrow...

They are looking really good :) I think the OGiesel is just about ready too :)

Hey Everyone,

Day 65 of flowering update.

Well I have to say, the buds are looking amazing despite the leaves looking discolored and all due to the lockout issues, however I am still seeing new growth on most of the plants so they aren't quite ready yet to pull. I am still thinking for most of them within the next 2 weeks they will be harvested.

I am most likely going to harvest the Ogiesel tonight as it always is a earlier harvest than my other strains typically are, and by the looks of the trichomes its ready :)

So will most likely be trimming her up tonight and hanging to dry.

Other than that, I am just watching them grow and fatten up :)

Here are today's photos..

IMG_0001145.JPG
IMG_0002154.JPG
IMG_0003159.JPG
IMG_0004150.JPG
IMG_0005151.JPG
IMG_0006136.JPG
IMG_0007124.JPG
IMG_0008117.JPG

Sounds like a concrete plan Ice.

Hey Johnicannased!!! Welcome! Glad to have ya over here :)

Thanks Icemud, glad to be here, been away for a while just catching up on what's been going on so far up to page 72 and things are looking good in spite of some of the isues you have had to deal with:bravo:

Hie Icemud,

being absent for a long while and just catching up the journals.
really solid buds, envy lol.

Wishing this journals clean for just grow review only, nothing else.
be fair to say, public post and pictures should be allowed to reposted&forwarded if they did not claim they are the owner of the post or photos.
If not so, all facebook users are thieves, since main idear of facebook is sharing and sharing, no matter post or photos and videos.
but when sharing in facebook, every audiences understand who is the owner of the pictures and post. I think CTLite also should let others know icemud is the owner, if they did so, should not define them as thief.
if hating of being reposted, should claim at beginning of the journals, then everyone will understand, copy and forward or sharing your photos is not permitted.
us american like to stand on top of ethics to accuse other countries, don't forget Prism door and snowden let us american discreditable.

hope to enjoy your grow only, not other else.

thank a lot for being seen your amazing grow.

Icemud great job on the video your figures are definitely more in line with what I would have expected with regards to drop off rate over the distance, great job for clearing that up:bravo:

Secondly fair play for your honesty about the situation with regards to these grow lights, truly shows you are an independent unbiased tester who seeks to share the truth well done:thumb:

This is the problem when dealing with Chinese companies particularly if you have an idea of value, they are notorious for ripping ideas off whether you are a big company or a small company they simply do not care.

The problem is most of the companies in China lack the ability to innovate or solve technical challenges, there are very few companies in China that can actually innovate, the majority simply copy technology either from the truly big players in China or from Western partnerships, it's also partly why Chinese electronics are terrible again they have no idea how to problem solve, they are truly brilliant at copying right down to the faults of the original product.

Skunny hat off to you and I stand corrected in what I had said earlier having not seen this particular light until this forum and not having the time nor inclination to check alibaba I assumed that as this light was significantly more expensive (and I thought it was made in the USA) I naturally assumed it was using top quality parts now knowing where it has actually come from and the price the actual factory is selling the panels for I have to agree with your original assessment.:goodjob:

It is the manner in which it is done Gandalf. He is basically a drop ship supplier who has built a website full of lies. None of the information is factual & he has had 0% input into the design of the light. He is wilfully deceiving people into buying something that is not as described. In the UK he would go to jail for his practices so if that's the US free market, you can keep it.

The problem Dave has created for himself here is picking some cheaply made lights to pass off as his own. This I have no doubt he is regretting greatly as we speak & I wouldn't be surprised if you never see or hear from him again, once his stock runs out.
Have you seen inside these units? COB's get notoriously hot and it is well known they have reliability issues yet the heatsink used to cool it is a tiny hollow fan design which is highly ineffective & is coupled with a tiny inefficient (but whisper quiet) PC fan on top. This is guaranteed to fail. The other internal components are all sub standard, including the controller & power supply which will also fail at an alarming rate.
We as growers need to stand together and rid the industry of fly by night chancers and show them that we're not easily fooled.

Now I am beginning to think you are correct he must have known what was going as he would have known how cheaply they were selling the lamps on, so knowing that and knowing how much they would of been charging him for a supposedly superior products you would straight away hear alarm bells ringing as the 2 would look identical.

Knowing how things work out there I suspect he probably went to them and they had an agreement of sorts whereby he told them what to build so that he could get his product made cheaply knowing that they to would also be selling it on.

My gutt feeling has me agreeing with you Skunky that he was getting the panels dirt cheap and re-selling them at an overly inflated, price not cool.

Hey everyone...

So today would be day 66 of flowering and I decided that it was time for the Ogiesel to be harvested. She always seems to be ready right around 65 days and so I gave her the yank, and trimmed her up, gave her the 2 part budwash, and then hung to dry.

I have to say I have run this strain about 3 to 4 times and this time the largest buds seemed larger than the other times I have grown it under different light sources. Very very fragrant, very skunky with a lemony kush smell behind it, almost like menthol to the eyes :) This one is going to be great :) As far as yield, I really don't know how she did in comparsion to previous runs so I will wait until she is dry, take the measurements and compare :)

Overall being squeezed in the back of my small tent with 6 other plants, she produced pretty well and even the small tiny buds on the bottom of her were nice and mature for the most part.

Well here are the photos of the Ogiesel harvest.

IMG_0004151.JPG
IMG_0008118.JPG
IMG_0011102.JPG
IMG_001292.JPG
IMG_001394.JPG
IMG_001491.JPG
IMG_0015101.JPG
IMG_001686.JPG
IMG_001790.JPG
IMG_001895.JPG
IMG_001987.JPG

Hie Icemud,

being absent for a long while and just catching up the journals.
really solid buds, envy lol.

Hey Growgrow, welcome back.

Wishing this journals clean for just grow review only, nothing else.

Well as a test grower my responsibility is to give a full review of my experience which includes if a product works, if something goes wrong how is it handed, tests, data and real work results, as well as anything else that may be informative to those who like to be educated consumers, as this journal is a "test". I do hear ya that it would be nice to just stick to growing, which I did on my previous 6 journals, however, when sponsored to do a test journal, then I have much more responsibility to my readers to cover all things. I get what you are saying though.

be fair to say, public post and pictures should be allowed to reposted&forwarded if they did not claim they are the owner of the post or photos.
If not so, all facebook users are thieves, since main idear of facebook is sharing and sharing, no matter post or photos and videos.
but when sharing in facebook, every audiences understand who is the owner of the pictures and post.
Well unfortunately that is not how the laws of copyright work, and what they did was not acceptable even under "fair use" because they were using it to promote their product, which is different from Intelligent Gro's Lights (I have seen the proof of spectrum differences) They are not even using my photos as "education" because its misrepresenting to the viewer a false image of the products they sell since they are different from Intelligent Gro's lights.

Therefore, I find it disrespectful to me as they could have reached out to me and simply asked for permission. I also find it disrespectful to Intelligent Gro because Intelligent Gro is sponsoring my grow, and Intelligent gro basically could have sold these panels, but decided to give them to me for free for the purpose of showing off their product. So I don't see it as right that Ctlite can come and copy my photos without permission, use them to try to falsely represent their products, with an ultimate goal that it will bring more money to them. I don't have any agreements, partnerships and owe Ctlite nothing at all, and I do not feel they should be using my photos to promote their products, because I am using Intelligent Gro's products.

There is a difference between sharing someones photo on facebook and strait up ripping someones photo for use to sell a product therefore I see it as wrong. I also as a consumer do not personally like to support companies that pull crap like this, so as a "test grower" I wanted to put it in public that these people are

I think CTLite also should let others know icemud is the owner, if they did so, should not define them as thief.
if hating of being reposted, should claim at beginning of the journals, then everyone will understand, copy and forward or sharing your photos is not permitted.

I don't think CTlite should be nothing with me, and they should stop taking my works of art (photos) and using them for commercial purposes. Its not like this happened 1x and then it was over. I have had to write 3 different people, on 7 different occasions, finding my photos on 5 different facebook pages, and over 20 different product pages on Alibaba, plus also on the brochures they are printing and sending with lights. I would write them a few emails, they would remove only the ones I found, but saying they are sorry and have removed ALL of them and it wont happen again. But then I find more photos, write the email, get same unheartfelt apology, and then repeat... its like groundhog day with this company. Especially after me making it very clear I was displeased with them pulling these stunts, and they continued to do it. To me it screams "unscrupulous business, poor ethics, and disrespect."

us american like to stand on top of ethics to accuse other countries, don't forget Prism door and snowden let us american discreditable.

hope to enjoy your grow only, not other else.

thank a lot for being seen your amazing grow.

I don't quite understand what you are getting at here though, and forgive me if I am wrong, arent you from south america? I just kind of see the direction of your posts, and it sort of give me the feeling that you may be trolling my journal. Forgive me if I am wrong but your strong position you are taking on the whole Ctlite photo thing has me suspicious of your intention. I hope I am wrong and apologise if I am but I find it strange that out of all the info my journal is packed with, this is the point you wanted to bring up. Just sayin.....

Thanks Icemud, glad to be here, been away for a while just catching up on what's been going on so far up to page 72 and things are looking good in spite of some of the isues you have had to deal with:bravo:

Hey Johnicannased!!!

Glad your here! yeah I have to say even with the lockout issue with my soil, the buds are looking amazing, and the lights are definitely performing beyond my expectations. I just can't wait to try the fruits of my labor :)

Congrats on your harvest Ice...

Great harvest, Ice. Looking forward to your report on potency/taste...:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom