Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing & Review

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

lol...those looked so sad until you trimmed them up. Then they look pretty tasty. A shame the strain doesn't measure up, but that's one reason I try different strains each time. I'm still looking for my very own cannirvana. I have a couple good ones already, but still always looking too.

Yeah the leaves got kind of messed up when the soil locked out, but then the last 2 weeks these 2 really packed on a lot of weight as they recovered and continued to grow :) I can't get over how strong these ones smell :) Now just to taste them :) Yeah this Black Cherry Cola will stay around for quite a while but had to let the cherry pies go... I did find a nice home for them and didn't have to kill them which made me happy :) I also took 1 cutting to clone just because I would like to make seeds of her just to experiment with breeding...so the cutting will sit in water until tomorrow when she gets clonex and put into a root riot cube :) I also remembered that my pops really liked the cherry pie, so I wanted to keep it around for that reason as well :)

Yeah I still haven't found my bread and butter yet, quite a few contenders such as my girl scout cookies and SFV og. I actually will be crossing the 2 in an upcomming seed project so excited to see what comes of it :)

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

ice, you said that in reading studies you found 13hr flowering light schedule gives best yields. would that mean a 13/11 schedule?

Yeah that would be 13/11.

I wanna read more into this study though because it also sort of contridicts other things I have read...with plant lighting, it seems always like this, you will find 10 studys supporting some idea, and then 10 studies countering it... LOL..

Congratulations on your harvest! Thank you for your honest review of the Intelligent Gro IGRO-228 LED's.

And again...

Hey ICE!!! Congrats again brotha yet another beautiful harvest and honest review!!! Quick question how do you turn the back lite back on in the programmer? Thanks again and can't wait to hear the final results!

Yeah I still haven't found my bread and butter yet, quite a few contenders such as my girl scout cookies and SFV og. I actually will be crossing the 2 in an upcomming seed project so excited to see what comes of it :)[/QUOTE]

Are you going to use the male or female for the back crossing? Or will you be planting a lot of seeds and picking the best male and female?

Hey ICE!!! Congrats again brotha yet another beautiful harvest and honest review!!! Quick question how do you turn the back lite back on in the programmer? Thanks again and can't wait to hear the final results!

To turn off the back light, hold the left arrow for a few seconds and it will turn off, to turn it back on, then just hold left again :)

Yeah I still haven't found my bread and butter yet, quite a few contenders such as my girl scout cookies and SFV og. I actually will be crossing the 2 in an upcomming seed project so excited to see what comes of it :)

Are you going to use the male or female for the back crossing? Or will you be planting a lot of seeds and picking the best male and female?[/QUOTE]

I will be making a male GSC, but also will have a female one, all the other plants that will be crossed with the GSC are also female.

To turn off the back light, hold the left arrow for a few seconds and it will turn off, to turn it back on, then just hold left again :)

Haha omg!!!! I knew it was either left or right!!! Thanks again so you feel that having the lights on 100% on 12-12 is better than having it do it's artificial sun rise sun set feature? What about veg?

Haha omg!!!! I knew it was either left or right!!! Thanks again so you feel that having the lights on 100% on 12-12 is better than having it do it's artificial sun rise sun set feature? What about veg?

Good question and I can only speculate here, since I have not done a side by side comparison. But the majority of the sources of info I have found basically say, more light, more photosynthesis. This seems to be true for not only more light intensity (within the light saturation point, temps and CO2 appropriate) as well as daylight length in flowering when 11, 12, and 13 hour flowering daylight schedules were tested. So based on the information, as well as my current grow, I think that 12/12 on 100% intensity would produce more buds...now the question really is, how much more...

If you use the dimming schedule, you are using much less electricity than running the lights on full for 12 hours, so therefore, I would have to find out in a comparison grow, which produces more Grams/Watt and that would give a better answer as to what is better. I mean, if you only get an extra 1/4oz of dried bud, but spend more power on the 12/12 schedule, does the extra electricity usage equal at least a even return as far as more bud. This is the question that still remains to be tested.

Overall I have to say the intelligent Gro panels grow very well, with or without the dimmer. I currently on my Gen 2 scrog am not using the controller, just full 18/6 schedule on full. Amazing veg growth, definitely better than my HID setups of the past.

OK, so now for the fun part!! All the buds have dried and its time for the final weigh in, and details regarding Grams per watts and such... But first, I am going to post each plants nugs, and the dry weight, and then I will total it up in the end.

Here is the Harlequin. I have to say the smell of the Harlequin is something like I have never smelled before. Smells kind of like a new car/new shoe, mixed with hot rubber and a little asphalt. Overall since she is a high CBD strain, the smoke is rather mellow after inhaled and you feel a nice clear high, but more of a body feel to it. Not a couchlock but more of a nice light feeling to your body almost like a mild painkiller. The smoke on inhale is extremely smooth and can be held in for quite a while. The taste is exactly like the smell and the exhale leaves the taste in the mouth for quite a while. I can't wait until it has cured for a few more weeks.. (if it lasts)..LOL...

Total Dry weight: 23.1 grams... rather disappointing considering it was a 3' plant.

The buds themselves are very resin coated, very healthy looking, and mildly dense but also have a airy structure to them.

IMG_0004164.JPG
IMG_0005160.JPG
IMG_0006148.JPG
IMG_0007133.JPG
IMG_0008128.JPG
IMG_0009130.JPG
IMG_0010126.JPG
IMG_0011112.JPG
IMG_0012100.JPG
IMG_0013101.JPG

Ogiesel....

The Ogiesel is usually a pretty low yielding plant but the smoke is of the upmost quality, so that is the reason I keep her around. This grow she didn't produce as much is in past grows, which was slightly a let down because I really love this strain. The smell is of a skunky, lemon musty smell with a hint of sweetness to it. The inhale is very smooth, but the smoke hits the lungs fairly harshly with some expansion but still is very smooth compared to most other buds I smoke that I don't grow. The high is amazing, after just the 1st hit, you definitely feel your brow lower head become light, and your troubles are now gone :) I definitely think the quality of this one is better than most other times I have grown it, just need to get the plant to yield better.

Total Dry weight:
24.5 grams.

IMG_001497.JPG
IMG_0015106.JPG
IMG_001692.JPG
IMG_001797.JPG
IMG_0018102.JPG
IMG_001993.JPG
IMG_002090.JPG

Black Cherry Cola...

The Black Cherry Cola is definitely going to say in my strain garden for a while. These buds were very dense, grew very much like other sativa dominant strains with very long lanky branches and a very floral smell. The smell of these buds is not strong, untiil you brush, move or squeeze one of the buds and then the room fills up with a very cherry/grape sweet fruity smell. Very potent smelling once broken open. Also this on is very smooth on the inhale, and the taste is exactly like the smell. Almost like a grape cherry soda taste to it. The high is more suttle and energetic, but also left me very cloudy as my thoughts definitely were more slow than normal smoking this one. Its funny but smoking this one with the taste and the high, almost reminds me of a tropical vacation...LOL....

Total Dry Weight (2 plants) 59.5 g

IMG_002182.JPG
IMG_002278.JPG
IMG_002377.JPG
IMG_002473.JPG
IMG_002582.JPG
IMG_002666.JPG
IMG_002777.JPG
IMG_002868.JPG
IMG_002965.JPG

Mystery Strain 1
*was supposed to be Purple Dragon...

Well I still am unsure as to what strain this plant is. It was supposed to be Purple Dragon as purchased from one of the local clone dispensaries, but they were wrong...its definitely not GDP. Also a very low yield in comparison to most of my grows, however, still pretty dank meds. I believe this strain is actually some kind of bubba x master kush cross because of the smell it gives off, plus the look of the buds. The smell is that of a bubba kush as well as a master kush... Very earthy, sweet and sort of minty from the bubba, and the master is a more skunky and musty smell to it. The buds are also very similar look to master kush. When smoked this one is also very smooth and tastes like a musty, sweet, piney skunk...LOL... The smell of the buds is fairly strong and when disturbed or broken up, very strong.

Overall the high is more of a heavy body type high, where the thoughts remain clear, but motivation seems to slightly drain and this one is great for relaxing, movies or probably pain.

Total Dry Weight:
28.7 grams.

IMG_003068.JPG
IMG_003161.JPG
IMG_003260.JPG
IMG_003360.JPG
IMG_003460.JPG
IMG_003553.JPG

Mystery Plant 2
*supposed to be Grandaddy Purple

This also was one of the strains that was ordered to be something different than it turned out to be. I also believe this is the same as the previous strain, as well as the other mystery strain listed below because the taste, looks, smell and high is exactly the same as the other 2..

Total Dry Weight:
26.9 g

IMG_003656.JPG
IMG_003753.JPG
IMG_003852.JPG
IMG_003949.JPG
IMG_004051.JPG
IMG_004142.JPG
IMG_004249.JPG
IMG_004344.JPG

Mystery Plant 3
*Supposed to be Grandaddy Purple.

This one is the same as the above 2 and smellls just like a bubba x master cross.

Total Dry weight:
29.1 grams..

IMG_004448.JPG
IMG_004548.JPG
IMG_004648.JPG
IMG_004748.JPG
IMG_004849.JPG
IMG_004956.JPG
IMG_005057.JPG
IMG_005144.JPG
IMG_005249.JPG
IMG_005347.JPG

The Final Weigh in....

So here are the final totals dry:

Harlequin: 23.1 g
Ogeisel: 24.5 g
Black Cherry Cola (2 plants): 59.5 g
Mystery plant 1: 28.1 g
Mystery Plant 2: 26.9 g
Mystery Plant 3: 29.1 g

Total Yield:
191.2 grams

or 6.8 oz....

OUCH!

I usually almost every grow get at least 1 oz per plant, and usually 2-3 is my average... this is a pretty low yield. Now to be fair, I have always run more wattage, I started running in the same tent 1000w of HID, then moved to 540w of Mars II, and now under 360W of Intelligent gro, so the lesser yield was to be expected. I also have to be fair that my plants locked out during flowering slightly so this may also contribute to the lesser yield, however I also have had lockouts in the past and yielded much more.

So...

The total draw of each of these lights on full, WITHOUT the dimmer is 360w...however, since I used the dimming schedule, I actully on average used only 73.39w per module, so for my 2 lights this average 12/12 draw with the dimming schedule would be 293.55 W.

So my Grams Per watt would be 191.2g/293.55 = .65 G/W

Not as shabby of a yield when looking at it that way...

In comparison, the Mars II grow I did with scrog got me .59 G/W, with 1 mars II and 1 400w CMH grown tall I got .53 G/W, and one of my largest yields under 1000w of HID and a vscrog achieved me over 1 1/4 lbs but averaged to only .54G/W.

So with that being said, the Intelligent Gro's actually gave me my best Gram per Watt yet, even with the lockout issues.

I also have to say that my buds smell/aroma is one of the better grows I have done this time :) getting closer to that top shelf :)
Overall I have to say I am fairly pleased with the performance of the Intelligent Gro generation 1 lights. I think that if I would have done away with the dimming program/schedule and just ran the 12/12 on full intensity, I would have gotten much larger of a yield, however I also may not have gotten the best Gram per watt that way either.

Overall this was a successful grow and these intelligent Gro lights will definitely find their way into future grows as well :)

IMG_0001156.JPG
IMG_0002165.JPG
IMG_0003172.JPG

Back
Top Bottom