Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing & Review

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

Nice work. Thanks for all of your detailed analysis. Since you and BID had thought yields were low, different issues ofcourse. Ill try your idea of full 12/12, or maybe even 13/11 when i move mine to flower. Should be a couple weeks out yet. But at least ill have learned something from you guys and see what ill be able to get gram per watt.

Hey Timothy Paul... Thanks :) Yeah I was actually surprised that after all said an done, they actually had a higher bud to watt efficiency :) defintitely a plus. I also have to say as mentioned before, the quality of the taste and smell really was appearant this grow, the Ogiesel is the best run I have had yet with it :)

Check out my Gen 2 journal as well, I am running 3 of the 270w LEDs in the same size tent, but without the custom controller or dimming. I want to max out the capabilities and see how they perform :) I'm trying for 1lb, I've done it before but its not easy with the organic soil, so we will hope and all see together :)

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

i have a couple girls GLR`ing right now. next week im going to switch them to 13/11 and observe the response.

TP26 let us know if you use 13/11.
Ice can you post a link or citation about those photoperiods?

Let me see if I can dig it up.. I will PM it to you if I can find it.

well, good for you Icemud, you are the only tester of gen 1 Intel gro to see gains in quantity.
:peace:

Thanks Lurch Farmer... It was a fun test journal/grow and I have to say the Gen 1's did their thing, and I'm excited to see how the gen 2's perform, with even more Umol, and with 3 lights instead of 2 in the grow space :) I have high hopes :)

Thank you for your honest review of the Intelligent Gro LED IGRO-228 LED panels!

Hey KingJohn, Thanks for being a participant and for your kindness :) Appreciate you!

Gratz Ice and thanks for the review :goodjob:

Hey Cronichemphog!! You are welcome and thank you :)

WOW! Better yield per watt? **WITH** lockout? I've got high hopes for my little grow, then, under the LED's I'm running. Nicely done, and +rep!

Yeah, the Gen 1's did their thing, and overall even though the yield was low for what I am used to, it wasn't low for the amount of electricity used :) big plus :) I think my Gen 2 grow is going to impress me, and I am using them without the controllers to see what I can get out of them :) Thanks for the rep, your grow is coming along great as well :) excited to see the final comparison :)

now i remember what i was gonna say in the other journal , so it was not even close to being planned but as it turns out i will be flowering my scrogged (kinda a v maybe a u) with 3 of the same gen 2s as you have ,i think im gonna pull the controllers too i have been thinking about "lost light" due to dimming since the beginning and my schedules are already set to go to 100% by the 2nd hour and im having problems with them buttons not working and 1 constantly switches to the sunny setting on its own, i have to check it 5 times a day and its prob gonna hermie the sd2 so it has to get axed, i wanny play with node spacing later but since the channels are split in 3 already i can do that without them, it may turn out that the controllers are just un needed and frankly other than being cool and interesting i think they may just be a moot point, we did well for over 50 years without fancy timers so eh no big loss/harm, im wondering now if thats what happened with my gen 1 lights
any way so im doing a very similar run to yours in my left tent main differences are im doing 1 big plant in 7gal coco its an old reveg of a very heavy yielding strain im thinking anything less than 6oz would be a fail it already is 3 months veg and the pot is all roots i have to water every other day or she gets wilty i may set her in a tote of coco or soil (i have some high brix soil ive been cooking since last fall its full of mycellium and smells good enough to eat!!

now i remember what i was gonna say in the other journal , so it was not even close to being planned but as it turns out i will be flowering my scrogged (kinda a v maybe a u) with 3 of the same gen 2s as you have ,i think im gonna pull the controllers too i have been thinking about "lost light" due to dimming since the beginning and my schedules are already set to go to 100% by the 2nd hour and im having problems with them buttons not working and 1 constantly switches to the sunny setting on its own, i have to check it 5 times a day and its prob gonna hermie the sd2 so it has to get axed, i wanny play with node spacing later but since the channels are split in 3 already i can do that without them, it may turn out that the controllers are just un needed and frankly other than being cool and interesting i think they may just be a moot point, we did well for over 50 years without fancy timers so eh no big loss/harm, im wondering now if thats what happened with my gen 1 lights
any way so im doing a very similar run to yours in my left tent main differences are im doing 1 big plant in 7gal coco its an old reveg of a very heavy yielding strain im thinking anything less than 6oz would be a fail it already is 3 months veg and the pot is all roots i have to water every other day or she gets wilty i may set her in a tote of coco or soil (i have some high brix soil ive been cooking since last fall its full of mycellium and smells good enough to eat!!

There is one use for the dimming that I can see as extremely useful... Maybe it's just because I had such a problem with it in the past. 2 words "Powder Mold". When the lights are dimmed at the end of the "Day" it caused the plants to start shutting down photosynthesis and thus transpiration before the lights and the heat goes down. When that happens, there's no RH spike right after the lights go off and things start to cool down. Without all that moisture coming out of the plants, the RH is more stale, and prevents creating a lovely environment for airborne fungi, like powder mold, and the dreaded Bud Rot! So, in THAT alone, I see a use for the dimming, at least fr the end of the "day."

With my Gen 1's and the controller, everything worked fine, but for some reason, my Gen 2 lights, both controllers I was sent, were not holding the custom schedule I programed when I used it with my digital timer (to cut extra draw watts while off). This didn't happen though with my gen 1 lights. Also when using my Gen 2 controller it cause 2 of my Gen 2 lights modules to go out, but when the controller was unplugged, everything back to normal. So on my Gen 2, I just pulled the controller.

I'm glad to hear you are giving them a 2nd run... I have to say that so far this is my best tasting and smelling batch of buds yet, and also I did hit my best Grams/watt with the Intelligent Gros... I hope that without the controller, they really deliver on my scrog :) and yours as well :)

Question, in your Gen 1 journal, did you notice if your buds seemed to mature faster, or did they take about the same time as usual ?

Also...just got my hands on some new clones :) GDP, Purple Urkle, Churchberry, and Bluedream... :) super stoked :) those are some of my favorite strains :)

There is one use for the dimming that I can see as extremely useful... Maybe it's just because I had such a problem with it in the past. 2 words "Powder Mold". When the lights are dimmed at the end of the "Day" it caused the plants to start shutting down photosynthesis and thus transpiration before the lights and the heat goes down. When that happens, there's no RH spike right after the lights go off and things start to cool down. Without all that moisture coming out of the plants, the RH is more stale, and prevents creating a lovely environment for airborne fungi, like powder mold, and the dreaded Bud Rot! So, in THAT alone, I see a use for the dimming, at least fr the end of the "day."

Thats a great suggestion Jandre... I typically have my extraction fans on medium high so the air temp and RH stay pretty consistent with my outside air when lights are off, but I like the science behind your idea.

Thats a great suggestion Jandre... I typically have my extraction fans on medium high so the air temp and RH stay pretty consistent with my outside air when lights are off, but I like the science behind your idea.

SEE?? Science is GOOD!! hehehe, Thanks though.

Great grow journal Ice! I think you gave a very fair and balanced review, coupled with good science. lots of good info here, thanks!

With my Gen 1's and the controller, everything worked fine, but for some reason, my Gen 2 lights, both controllers I was sent, were not holding the custom schedule I programed when I used it with my digital timer (to cut extra draw watts while off). This didn't happen though with my gen 1 lights. Also when using my Gen 2 controller it cause 2 of my Gen 2 lights modules to go out, but when the controller was unplugged, everything back to normal. So on my Gen 2, I just pulled the controller.

I'm glad to hear you are giving them a 2nd run... I have to say that so far this is my best tasting and smelling batch of buds yet, and also I did hit my best Grams/watt with the Intelligent Gros... I hope that without the controller, they really deliver on my scrog :) and yours as well :)

Question, in your Gen 1 journal, did you notice if your buds seemed to mature faster, or did they take about the same time as usual ?

Also...just got my hands on some new clones :) GDP, Purple Urkle, Churchberry, and Bluedream... :) super stoked :) those are some of my favorite strains :)
i love those strains only 1 i never grew is churchberry, i have noticed all my strains mature faster under all my leds most are done a week sooner i let that grape 13 go to long to get the yield up and at 9 weeks 90% of the trichs are amber and hella couch lock ! lol

Great grow journal Ice! I think you gave a very fair and balanced review, coupled with good science. lots of good info here, thanks!

Thank you Bangabong!!! Love the screen name by the way! Glad you could enjoy my journal! feel free to visit my Intelligent Gro Generation 2 test gro (in my signature)

i love those strains only 1 i never grew is churchberry, i have noticed all my strains mature faster under all my leds most are done a week sooner i let that grape 13 go to long to get the yield up and at 9 weeks 90% of the trichs are amber and hella couch lock ! lol

I am a big fan of all the strains, exept churchberry which I have never even heard of but sounded tasty... I guess its a cross of blueberry and "the church"... very very sativa shaped leaves, skinny and long. Can't wait to try this one out :)

Thanks again for sharing your grow with us! I always learn a lot from your experiences.

:roorrip:

Thanks Gandalf!!! Its been a pleasure doing this journal and look forward to many more to come :) please join me in the new Generation 2 journal (top link in my signature)

Just got through the whole bit about clite and all the troubles you have had...deep stuff man.
Glad things are going well and I'm going tonpop over to your next journal now!

I love tests!!!!! Subbed!!!!

grats on the harvest Ice! Those are nice #s.

I hear ya about wishing we could run all the experiments we want :blalol:

So now that you did a crop with your igro, what do you think the actual effective coverage is? Is it the 2' x 3'+ they say?

Thanks again for sharing your experience with all of us. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom