Icemud's Intelligent Gro 2 LED Grow With V-Scrog - Going for 1lb & Beyond!

re: Icemud's Intelligent Gro 2 LED Grow With V-Scrog - Going for 1lb & Beyond!

Drool :volcano-smiley:

Congratulations Ice...

OK everyone....Dun Dun Dun.... The moment of truth..... did he reach 1lb.... ?

So today I took the Harlequin off the branches and put it in the jars for curing, but before closing up the jar I took the measurements of yield to add to my final grow conclusion...

So....

My 1 Harlequin Plant yielded 62g......

So, my grand total for this grow for yield is 367g.... or just over 13 oz.....

So with that being said... My grow consisted of 3x 180w lights (avg draw 175w) which equals 525W total. I did not use the controller on this grow, so therefore, this grow achieved a Gram per watt of

.70 Grams per watt!!!

So far this is my highest or most efficient grow yet!

Just a recap...here are the details on my past grows...

Grow 1: 1000w HID (400w CMH + 600w HPS) Total yield 574g or .57 grams/watt
Grow 2: 1000w HID (400w CMH + 600w HPS) Total yield 547g or .55 grams/watt
Grow 3: 1000w HID (400w CMH + 600w HPS) No Yield Data (Powder Mildew took over)
Grow 4: 1000w HID (400w CMH + 600w HPS) Total yield 325g or .33 grams/watt
Grow 5: 580w (400w CMH + Mars II 400w) Total yield 245g or .42 grams/watt
Grow 6: 540w HID (3x Mars II 400w models) Total yield 308g or .57 grams/watt
Grow 7: Under 300w (2x Intelligent Gro, GEN1, 180w each on dimmer) Total yield 191g or .63 grams/watt
Grow 8: 3x Intelligent Gro, GEN2, 180w draw each, Total yield 367g or .70 grams/watt

So, unfortunately I came close, but didn't hit my 1lb goal... 3oz short... which I have only done 2x out of 8 grows....

But looking at my total yield... It is not quite as high as all of my 1000w grows but did actually beat out some of them too ... also is using much less electricity... about half to be exact...saving me 70$ a month...

So overall I am quite pleased with the yield.....

I still will follow up with a full report/review of my experience, pros and cons as well as some final dried and cured bud shots :)

Here are the photos of the Harlequin going into jars, and a photo of all 3 strains jarred up :)

IMG_0005237.JPG
IMG_0006224.JPG
IMG_0007203.JPG
IMG_0008205.JPG

Gratz :bravo:

...is there any record of anyone exceeding 1 gram per watt...???...

yes. you can get over 1gpw doing sog. 144 plants in 2l hempy, under a 1k hps or high end LED will produce about 10g ea on average. some growers get 15g up to 20g per plant. so 1000/144= 6.94. so as long as you get 7g or more per plant, you'd be going 1gpw easy. :volcano-smiley:

I think Jandre did in his last Intelligent Gro run...

Many growers exceed 1 gram per watt, many don't.. Many factors play into this figure so comparing between growers isn't a good metric for using gram/watt. I personally use it to track my efficiency in growing since my grow style and setup doesn't change much between cycles.

Hydro growers tend to see much higher Gram/watt than soil growers...

Synthetic Fertz tend to generate higher Gram/watt numbers than organic growers...

Strains have a big influence on this number too... I ran holy grail og a while back and got 6oz per plant almost... (largest yielding plants in my setup) most other strains typcially only produce 2-3 oz per plant in my setup, and other strains like my Ogiesel and GSC are very low yielding plants so they just never put out huge chunky buds... where as other strains do... so this also influences gram/watt slightly.

Grow style also may have an influence.... I personally jam 6 plants in a very small 2.5'x5'x7' tent, so much of the lower plant isn't getting enough light to produce buds, so really I probably could get much higher numbers if I did 2 plants in 20 gallon pots, vs my 6 plants in 5 gallon pots....

Curso may have on this past grow...

Yeah that plant he grew was Gigantic!

yes. you can get over 1gpw doing sog. 144 plants in 2l hempy, under a 1k hps or high end LED will produce about 10g ea on average. some growers get 15g up to 20g per plant. so 1000/144= 6.94. so as long as you get 7g or more per plant, you'd be going 1gpw easy. :volcano-smiley:

Yep.... its all dependent on many factors.... what type of nutrients (salt based or organic), grow style and medium (hydro vs organic soil), space and grow style (scrog, sog, other methods) and also the growers skill level....

Hey everyone...

I still will be doing a final smoke report, final conclusion of this grow and review, as well as dried and cured nugshots...but that will be a little while before ready...

So...

In the meantime...

Check out my new grow journal..

Icemud's LED Grow With Advanced LED XTE 300 Series With EX-Veg 200

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Thanks Colorado High! Its not quite finished yet thought, I still have a final review to do, smoke report and dried/cured nugshots.. Not sure if it matters if its in the current journals or complete to add posts :)

Quick question ICE. Is your SCROG typically 8 inches above your plants? I am tossing my SCROG on now, debating between 8 or 12"

Quick question ICE. Is your SCROG typically 8 inches above your plants? I am tossing my SCROG on now, debating between 8 or 12"

I would go with 12"....

Leaves much more clearance for getting under for trimming, maintenance and pruning.

Might have to wait an extra couple days more with 12", but I think the extra room to work is key :)

I would go with 12"....

Leaves much more clearance for getting under for trimming, maintenance and pruning.

Might have to wait an extra couple days more with 12", but I think the extra room to work is key :)

Sounds great. I think 12" will allow me to water without issues as well. Watering my hempy's at 8" was just not happening without a pump.

OK.... So here is the official smoke report and cured/curing nug shots :)

So this grow to recap featured 3 strains, black cherry cola, harlequin and what I refer to as mystery kush. They were all flowered under 3x Intelligent Gro 180w LED grow lights for approx 75 days and were wet trimmed, given a 2 part budwash, and hung to dry for 4-7 days, and then removed from branches and put into jars.

The jars have been slowly burped and the harlequin still is in the drying/curing phase so the smell has really yet to be pronounced yet, but I still managed to sample her already...

So here is the smoke report and photos of the buds...

Mystery KUSH..

OK, now after running this strain 2x and looking back at the list from the clone dispensary, I think I was definitely right about it being bubba, and the strain they had was either pre 98 bubba, or master bubba. I've grown pre 98 before, and it does have some of the traits, but the bud structure and leaves definitely also resembled a master kush as well as the slight smell to it. So I think this is Master Bubba :)

So... the buds are very very large, not tremendously dense, but not completely airy either and after growing it 2x I think that the structure of the buds is exactly that, big and large, not extremely dense, but to the eye looks like it should weigh more than it does visually. The buds smell of a very earthy, musky, sweet smell with a little bit of a skunky and pine undertone, very classic bubba smell with hints of a kush. Upon inhale, the smoke goes down extremely smooth, and you can take very large inhales without coughing a lot. The taste is very strong and leaves the taste in your mouth of a earthy, sweet, piney, taste with a slight skunky kush smell/taste to it on the exhale. The high is pretty sudden, and it is a pretty potent smoke, so I find that a few hits and I am good to go for a while, and quite often have been finding half smoked pipes still packed from previous sessions. The high/effect itself is not really too much body, but more of a great energetic head high, but also very strong, so perfect for projects, or when in depth concentration, but a little to uppy for wanting to sit and just watch a movie or relax... until about a hour later and then it slowly becomes more heavy. Overall I have to say even though visually it doesn't probably look like the best grow ever, the smell, taste, enjoyment and potency are all there. I am still debating on if I will be keeping this strain around for a while, but so far I am pretty impressed with both yield and overall smoke so who knows... she may make a return in the future...

IMG_0001243.JPG
IMG_0002252.JPG
IMG_0003263.JPG
IMG_0004254.JPG
IMG_0005250.JPG
IMG_0006240.JPG
IMG_0007217.JPG
IMG_0008219.JPG

Harlequin

The Harlequin was a problematic plant from early veg as she just seemed slower and not as healthy as last grow, and I think it may have to do with a very early stunting in clone stage that may have slightly gave her a slower start than previous. I also think that when I flipped to flowering at a 12.5/11.5 it was fine for all the other strains, but the harlequin seemed to take much much longer to flower and start forming dense buds than the others, and it wasn't until about 20 days into flowering that I lowered the daylight to 12.25/11.75 that she really started to kick into flowering and almost seemed to quickly catch up to the others. She had a lot of discolored leaves throughout flowering but still managed to put out some very fat cola's, and many more than I expected with her being the runt of the tent through most of the cycle. I was very impressed to see my yield was much larger than last grow, about double off 1 plant so that made me happy, and the quality seemed to be pretty much the same as last grow, however the buds were much much larger this grow. :)

So as for the smell and taste... definitely not as strong and pungent as last grow, and I think this had to do with her just being "off" for the entire grow slightly. Last run she smelled very pungent like a mix of asphalt, warm new rubber and new shoes...a very odd smell and combo. This grow she has the same smell, but much much lighter than last grow, however she only has been drying curing for a little over 1 1/2 weeks, so I imagine as the cure continues, and the buds seep the last little big of moisture out, I think she may really gain the smell back and be pungent.. we will see :) As for bud structure compared to last time, she looks pretty much the same. Harlequin on both grows was a pretty airy strain, coated with trichomes, and sort of leafy but trimmed up pretty nicely.

Even though the Harlequin is really not ready to be smoked, I had to of course take a few samples along the way and I have to say it definitely works well for pain. She still tastes sort of green/leafy as she is still curing and has another week to go for me to really be happy with her flavor and smell, longer the better :) but this still gave me a good idea of how she compares. The smoke inhale is completely smooth, and taking a huge milky bongrip is even easy for me, which usually many herbs are very harsh on my throat. The CBDs take about 10-20 minutes to really kick in on severe pain but its funny because it magically disappears... not like when you take a pain pill and you feel the groggy/pill headed feeling with the pain relief....Harlequin is very clear so one could easily smoke this at work or out and about without feeling too high, but getting great pain relief. The high itself since harlequin is supposedd to be a 1:1 Thc to CBD, is very light, and mellow...almost a perfect high for me to get things done, where its not distracting, but makes things just seem better. I definitely like this strain for daytime and pain relief and she will be saying around my garden for sometime.
IMG_0010207.JPG
IMG_0011186.JPG
IMG_0012168.JPG
IMG_0013170.JPG
IMG_0014156.JPG

Black Cherry Cola..

This strain....this strain... wow...this strain! LOL can you feel that I like this strain! haha

I am very very very much impressed with BCC in every way. An easy growing plant, which yields fairly high, has amazing taste and smell, and packs a punch in the potency area... definitely going to stay around for hopefully a while :)

Well the BCC this grow did very well and yielded nicely for my grow area. The buds differed from last grow as this grow they did some major foxtailing and last grow they didn't. I'm not really sure what causes foxtailing but from what I gathered a lot of it is genetic. Now that thought made me think way back to my very first grow here at 420 magazine when I grew blue dragon, the only other strain that majorly foxtailed on me.....so.... being that I got these clones from the same place that messed up my order and gave me the mystery kushes..... there is a possibility that this may also not be BCC and may be Purple Dragon, which they also carried, (blue dragon x purple urkle).... so now that I saw the foxtails, it may be not BCC but in Fact purple dragon... either way I know this strain is very very dank and will stay in my garden for a while... I just thought I would share that thought.

So... This grow the BCC/PurpDragon came out even better than last. The flavor got so much more intense as did the smell. Its very hard to place the smell and taste...but if you were take like fruit punch juice and mix it with pink bubblegum...thats pretty much what it tastes and smells like... very floral, very aromatic and pungent smelling. Now on the inhale, again, very very smooth where a huge hit can be taken, with very minimal throat or lung irritation. The smell and taste are hand and hand as the fruity smell carries through the hit, and the exhale, and lasts on the palate for a very long time.... one of those sativa's that you hit, and just want to enjoy, not even taking another hit because you just want to taste that taste for a little while longer :) I am overly impressed with the BCC and I definitely will be running her again in the future :)
IMG_0015165.JPG
IMG_0016152.JPG
IMG_0017150.JPG
IMG_0018151.JPG
IMG_0019143.JPG
IMG_0020140.JPG
IMG_0021132.JPG
IMG_0022126.JPG
IMG_0024111.JPG

So this is the end of my smoke report... stay tuned for my final review of the Intelligent Gro LED lights and my experience with them :)

Back
Top Bottom