Icemud's LED Grow - The Tangie Pheno Hunt

very nice Ice

site says a (80x80cm) 30x30in coverage. and 204W

How much space you using it on?

I am using 180x3=540 in the almost the same space (32x32).

Sure would be nice to get the same growth out of 204W

and are they dimable or any on board timers?

Hey Hash Hound!!!

I flipped on the light yesterday after I got it out of the box just to see how bright they were and I was really impressed with the COB's and lensing... usually when I have done this in the past with lights with an array of LED's and lenses, it will project on the wall like a spotlight, but these Budmaster panels lit up my entire wall. I stood back to myself and thought... Whoa!

I will be running 2x of the Cob-x-4 in a 2x4 Hydrohut tent, which actually measures 28"x55"x78" so its actually more like a 2 1/2'x5'x7' tent. I think that these lights will have no problem covering that area as cobs seem to project a much wider coverage area that traditional 3w and 5w diodes :) I'm not sure if it will have quite as much "penetration" or what I like to call "range of acceptable light" or "throw" but I will know more as I do my PAR testing this weekend :)

I'm really curious how the all white spectrum will do as opposed to "blurple" lighting as multi spectrum panels are dubbed. My guess is I will get increased yield because of the extra yellow/orange/green in the light, plus the more light spread, but that is just my guess at this time :)

There isn't and dimming options or timers on board, its pretty much 2 switches (on/off) and each controlls 2 of the 4 cobs.

Hey Icemud how's it going? LEDs are fun and your info is great.

I need to get a simple meter for measuring real power draw. So many fun tools to use! It will be educational to watch your videos.

:Namaste:
Bob

Hey Dr. Bob!!!

Good to see ya around :)

I highly recommend a Kill-A-Watt meter as they are really useful tools. I think I got mine off Amzon for like $30. Not only did I use it to test lights, but I found myself going around my house checking all kinds of appliances to see what they were costing me to run.. I was actually quite surprised that my 20" box fans I put in the window draw about 100w when on full, and I run 2 of them all summer 24 hours a day. Low and behold now I run them at a much lower speed and only if needed now :) lol The Kill-a-watt is a really fun device.

I have a question for all my friends, followers and readers...

Obviously my tangies are on day 27 of flowering which means that I still have over 1 month of flowering to go. I'm curious how everyone would feel if I swapped out my current lights and replaced them with budmasters? I know it wouldn't be a true test of the lights power, and I will be doing another full grow with them from start to finish afterwords... but I wanted to know how everyone felt about that?

I don't want to use the lights and be misleading in any way since I am already about 1/3 through flowering, but I'm also super anxious to get them going. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

Absolutely, plug em in, fire em up!
Sure the ladies wouldnt mind, should really consider their opinion first..:yummy:

Ditto! :thumb:

We want to see the Budmasters! White COBs FTW! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have a question for all my friends, followers and readers...

Obviously my tangies are on day 27 of flowering which means that I still have over 1 month of flowering to go. I'm curious how everyone would feel if I swapped out my current lights and replaced them with budmasters? I know it wouldn't be a true test of the lights power, and I will be doing another full grow with them from start to finish afterwords... but I wanted to know how everyone felt about that?

I don't want to use the lights and be misleading in any way since I am already about 1/3 through flowering, but I'm also super anxious to get them going. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

It's like asking if we want a ride in a Ferrari. Duh! Get those lights in yesterday Ice!

I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving!!!

I am working on getting the updates uploaded and finishing my testing video which is about 90% done. I was moving plants on Wednesday night a threw out my back, so since then I've been smoking a lot and taking ibproffin to not have my back spasm. Very painful and hoping its not a slipped disk. Anyhow sitting at my computer right now is extremely painful so I will try my best to get all the updates loaded over the weekend, but may not be as soon as I wanted.

Hope everyone had a great turkey day!

Here are photos of after I hung the lights up wednesday night, right after I injured my back.. Hopefully I will get some more photos up today and be able to finish the video. Also you may notice that I switched some of the plants positions around to allow for the best light coverage, some of them were getting too tall and bleaching under the other lights, so those tall plants went to the middle, and some of the shorter ones went to the sides to compliment the angle I put the lights at.

I have to say after running for almost 2 years with "blurple" lights, its very odd to see the plants under natural light again.. almost foreign to me...LOL But I love it, much easier to see any discoloration of the leaves :) As of yesterday when the lights were on the plants seemed happy under their new power source :) and these Budmasters really are bright and have a good spread of light, much different than the diode arrays I have been used to, much more like a HID footprint :)

IMG_20151125_225839.jpg
IMG_20151125_225845.jpg
IMG_20151125_225852.jpg
IMG_20151125_225857.jpg
IMG_20151125_230643.jpg
IMG_20151125_230701.jpg
IMG_20151125_230705.jpg
IMG_20151125_230709.jpg
IMG_20151125_230720.jpg
IMG_20151125_230724.jpg
IMG_20151125_230732.jpg
IMG_20151125_230736.jpg
IMG_20151125_230739.jpg
IMG_20151125_230743.jpg
IMG_20151125_230747.jpg
IMG_20151125_230758.jpg
IMG_20151125_231410.jpg
IMG_20151125_231416.jpg
IMG_20151125_231419.jpg
IMG_20151125_231423.jpg
IMG_20151125_231434.jpg
IMG_20151125_231440.jpg
IMG_20151125_231444.jpg

Stunning! G'Morning Mud! Hope you feel better, I was looking forward to vid!! Be safe bro. :Namaste: :passitleft:

Hey Everyone...

Feeling slightly better today, or at least right now while ibproffin and black cherry soda numb my pains. I was able to sit for a few hours and finish editing the test and review video so without further delay...Here it is :)

[video]

Way to go, Ice, very succinct and informational. Your enthusiasm is catching...I bet you could sell ice to eskimos :thumb:

Way to go, Ice, very succinct and informational. Your enthusiasm is catching...I bet you could sell ice to eskimos :thumb:

haha, thanks Shawnee! hmm Ice to the eskimos... if there's a will there is a way :) lol

Nice vid my friend! Bravo for going into details :)

Thanks Light Addict!!! I enjoy doing the videos :) I try to give everyone the feel of what exactly they get when they purchase a light :) I have to say I'm really liking these Budmasters so far, the last few days my plants have really upped their stink game :) haha I swear about 10x more scent is coming off them under the Budmasters. The plants reak of goodness :)

I'm going to watch it now. I'll be back in 15 min. Thanks Ice, your awesome!

I just went back and read a bunch of your old TOP LED thread. It was the one that finally got me to really post on here and be motivated. Comically I almost have that same setup now. I had forgot how cool your scrog screen was in that 2x4.

:circle-of-love:
Bob

I just went back and read a bunch of your old TOP LED thread. It was the one that finally got me to really post on here and be motivated. Comically I almost have that same setup now. I had forgot how cool your scrog screen was in that 2x4.

:circle-of-love:
Bob

Hey Dr Bob!!

Yea I miss doing the Scrog, was the most fun, neat and impressive looking grow style for the tents :) I still have the screen and maybe will pull it out in the future for a grow. Had so much fun scroggin :)

Back
Top Bottom