Icemud's LED Grow - The Tangie Pheno Hunt

OK... so I was curious how the plants looked 6 days ago when I first put in the budmasters vs now 6 days later. Day 30 flowering vs Day 36

Day 30 flowering (A week ago)
IMG_20151125_231410.jpg

Day 36 flowering (last night)
IMG_20151203_223939.jpg

There is a definite difference in girth of the girls!!! Especially noticeable on the tall back ones, and back left one. I think its safe to say...WOW! haha

They've obviously developed nicely. They're at a stage of accelerated growth right now anyway, so I would expect them to gain girth over a week's time. Is what you're seeing a greater than expected increase? You have the experience to judge that, I'm sure, and likely have already, hence your excitement. Just had to ask. :battingeyelashes:

They've obviously developed nicely. They're at a stage of accelerated growth right now anyway, so I would expect them to gain girth over a week's time. Is what you're seeing a greater than expected increase? You have the experience to judge that, I'm sure, and likely have already, hence your excitement. Just had to ask. :battingeyelashes:

Yup :) I'm really happy with how this grow with the tangies is going :) And really getting anxious to try them... still another month to grow, and about 3 weeks to dry and cure.. probably be done by mid january... hmmm lol

I definitely can agree this is the point of flowering where they really start stacking on weight and it seems that vertical growth in the stems has pretty much stopped, and the buds height hasn't changed much either, but here comes the wide load! haha I went back and looked at my other grows, including my very first couple under HID, and a few of my LED grows and the difference between 6-8 days is definitely much larger growth, with top cola's seeming to stop growing vertical much, but the lower buds definitely start growing vertical and filling in the gaps. Is it more than before? hard to tell because there are so many different variables in play:

-This grow is my first from seed vs all others were clones.

-I usually don't "bottle feed" every feeding as I am this grow, I did on my very 1st grow and I think on my 2nd, all the others were more like 1x per 2-3 weeks with bottle feeding, where the rest were more supplemental and teas.

-Different strains for different growth traits

-I did much less training on this grow vs others. Usually I LST, TOP, TOP some more and this grow I only topped 1x. Would make sense since more buds the energy would be spread between showing probably slightly less girth growth vs Just a couple large colas, where more energy can be focused making a larger difference in girth change?

-Different Lights..

-More experience?

I would say that these factors would play the difference in seeing more girth on this grows than others, I obviously can't pin it on 1 thing because of all the different variables but whether its the same or more, damn I'm excited :) lol

Then I share you're excitement Icemud. I figured it might be more of a sense born of experience. Just wanted to be certain. :battingeyelashes:

Then I share you're excitement Icemud. I figured it might be more of a sense born of experience. Just wanted to be certain. :battingeyelashes:

I appreciate your inquisitive thoughts :) It makes me even go deeper into explanation and even back track my own thoughts to seek more reasoning :)

Here is an update fragrance/smell profile:

It seems the smells have again shifted slightly and smell differently from my last report. Here is how they smell. In pungency I am ranking them 1-10, 10 being smells amazingly strong, and 1 being smell non existent. How I did this was I took my thumb and fingers and gently brushed each top cola moving upwards but only lightly squeezing to just brush the trichomes... then I would rub my thumb and finger together and hold it to my nose and take a few deep inhales, breathing a few times inbetween fresh air... between each plant I would clean my hands so the smell was neutral.

Here are the results

Plant #1= Pungency level 3, very very faint smell, almost non existant, very light skunky cardboard tar smell. very light

Plant #2= Pungency level 9, strong rubber smell with a skunk undertone.

Plant #3= Pungency level 9, strong rubber smell with a good mix of a sweet buttery old fruit smell

Plant #4= Pungency level 7-8, Has a very rubber, new upholstery smell, kind of chemically smell to it

Plant #5= Pungency level 8, This one smells very different from the rest, almost like freshly layed asphalt with a little skunkyness

Plant #6= Pungency level 10 Has a strong rubber, new upholstery smell, almost exactly like plant #4

Plant #8= Pungency level 10, This one smells completely different from the rest, sweet old fruit smell mixed with popcorn butter and cheezy smell, very very sweet smelling.

So it seems that most of the plants have shifted to a rubbery chemical type of smell with the exception of Plant #3 which is the only sweet smelling one. None of them smell like oranges anymore or citrus like when they started out. It will be very interesting to see how they change over the next 30 days.

Here is an update fragrance/smell profile:

It seems the smells have again shifted slightly and smell differently from my last report. Here is how they smell. In pungency I am ranking them 1-10, 10 being smells amazingly strong, and 1 being smell non existent. How I did this was I took my thumb and fingers and gently brushed each top cola moving upwards but only lightly squeezing to just brush the trichomes... then I would rub my thumb and finger together and hold it to my nose and take a few deep inhales, breathing a few times inbetween fresh air... between each plant I would clean my hands so the smell was neutral.

Here are the results

Plant #1= Pungency level 3, very very faint smell, almost non existant, very light skunky cardboard tar smell. very light

Plant #3= Pungency level 9, strong rubber smell with a good mix of a sweet buttery old fruit smell

Plant #4= Pungency level 7-8, Has a very rubber, new upholstery smell, kind of chemically smell to it

Plant #5= Pungency level 8, This one smells very different from the rest, almost like freshly layed asphalt with a little skunkyness

Plant #6= Pungency level 10 Has a strong rubber, new upholstery smell, almost exactly like plant #4

Plant #8= Pungency level 10, This one smells completely different from the rest, sweet old fruit smell mixed with popcorn butter and cheezy smell, very very sweet smelling.

So it seems that most of the plants have shifted to a rubbery chemical type of smell with the exception of Plant #3 which is the only sweet smelling one. None of them smell like oranges anymore or citrus like when they started out. It will be very interesting to see how they change over the next 30 days.

Based on your post my inclination would be either #3 or #8, leaning more towards #8. That's a personal preference. Even given a good buzz, I find the rubbery or tar smells a complete turn off and have to use them strictly in the most buttery of my brownie recipes.

Have you any preference at this point?

Here is an update fragrance/smell profile: WITH PHOTOS

Here are the results

IMG_20151204_185320.jpg

IMG_20151204_185333.jpg

IMG_20151204_185404.jpg

IMG_20151204_185443.jpg

IMG_20151204_185504.jpg

IMG_20151204_185538.jpg

IMG_20151204_185555.jpg

So it seems that most of the plants have shifted to a rubbery chemical type of smell with the exception of Plant #3 which is the only sweet smelling one. None of them smell like oranges anymore or citrus like when they started out. It will be very interesting to see how they change over the next 30 days.[/QUOTE]

Based on your post my inclination would be either #3 or #8, leaning more towards #8. That's a personal preference. Even given a good buzz, I find the rubbery or tar smells a complete turn off and have to use them strictly in the most buttery of my brownie recipes.

Have you any preference at this point?

It's a really hard call as I love them for all their distinct features, but I'm only going to keep 3 at max.

I had to choose my number 1 pick would be #8, as its the only one with a very very sweet smell to it where all the others are skunky/chemically/tar/rubber smelling but very similar.

My #2 pick would most likely be the little short fat plant number #5 as I love the short bubba like structure on it, and something about the severely strong asphalt smell to it I love. Reminds me of my days doing road construction :)

My #3 pick is rough, but if I had to choose, most likely it would be a tie between plants #3 and #2. I love the structure of plant 2, very very frosty, fat buds and very nice mid size structure with tight nodes. The smell also is very strong but is sort of flat where its like 2 smells, not complex..haha :) Plant number 3 is beautiful, very very frosty, and has sexy sugar leafs frosted out already. The smell also leans to the sweet side and I think has the best of both worlds, some of the sweet but some of the rubber. If I had to pick one, this would be rough and I probably would have to go with plant 3 over 2. But very very hard decision. Knowing me I will keep both and somehow make room..haha :)

Then looking at the buds on plant 3, they have some odd crowning going on so I may actually also put plant 4 into the last pick, as its frosty, very very strong chemical smell to it, and also very nice structure.

:bravo:

this is some tangie garden brother, b real would be proud :rofl:

Those paired pompom buds must be fun for you.! :cheesygrinsmiley: You don't get those on clones.

*"high, thanks for stopping at icemuds dispensary today! How may i help you?"
'Ahhhhhhh high gimmie a minute to look here. :yummy::trance::lot-o-toke: Ahhhhlright, ill take a #5, plain with rootbeer, and a #8 with extra cheese and butter! Thanks'*

The smell of road construction :laugh: yepp me too. Great smell report!

this is some tangie garden brother, b real would be proud :rofl:

Thanks 420brother! haaha, man I would love to smoke with B-real, have been a Cypress Hill fan for a long time, probably since 92? Still would love to get my hands on his strain Soul Assasin OG. I do have a friend with a cut of it, but I doubt he would release it since its really hard to come by.

*"high, thanks for stopping at icemuds dispensary today! How may i help you?"
'Ahhhhhhh high gimmie a minute to look here. :yummy::trance::lot-o-toke: Ahhhhlright, ill take a #5, plain with rootbeer, and a #8 with extra cheese and butter! Thanks'*

The smell of road construction :laugh: yepp me too. Great smell report!

Haha, too funny Dankwolf! I feel like I have a mini dispensary sometimes, especially when I flower 6 different strains and have 6 jars lined up like.. "hmmm, what flavor do I feel like today" :) I can't wait to have these tangies jarred up and be able to taste all the differences :)

So I was having fun last night and remembered that I forgot to use my DIY spectrometer to take a look at the Budmaster 3500k White Cob spectrum to see how close it is to the graph... Looks dead on, even with the slight gap around 460-470nm.

Love how it looks very similar to a Ceramic Metal Halide or the sun :)

ClU044_Spectra_Small.jpg
IMG_20151204_201343.jpg

:rofl: DIY Spectrometer, Genius!

Back
Top Bottom