Icemud's LED Grow - The Tangie Pheno Hunt

:rofl: DIY Spectrometer, Genius!

haha, thanks Mello! I can't take the credit for the idea, just replicating it. I think some high school kid came up with the idea for a science fair or something like that. Found it a couple years ago when I was looking at different HID bulb spectrums and came upon Ceramic Metal Halides...

Here is the original thread I started showing how I did it. I was still very new to blogging and forums at the time, so my photo's and description weren't the best. :)

DIY Spectrometer - Check what wavelengths your lights give out

Thanks 420brother! haaha, man I would love to smoke with B-real, have been a Cypress Hill fan for a long time, probably since 92? Still would love to get my hands on his strain Soul Assasin OG. I do have a friend with a cut of it, but I doubt he would release it since its really hard to come by.

damn brother that SA-OG is real, you should tell your friend to give you a cut for something in return if he feels like giving it out for free would be that hard.

I know what you mean about wanting to light up a fatty with B Real, he is a smooth mfka and a really cool dude. i'm a huge Cypress Hill fan aswell and smoking with him would be the tits haha.

He is always at major cannabis events like cups or spannabis and stuff, i'm sure that if you go into the trouble of taking the trip to one then you'd get that chance, at least i hope so.

keep fighting the good fight brother, best of luck.

Hey Everyone, after much thought I decided since I am sponsored by Budmaster now for the next few grows I wanted to get my Budmaster dedicated journal going. I am still in progress if getting all the information up, but I think you will be very pleased with the start of it, I put pretty much my whole day into writing the content of the first page for it and went into tons of detail about the product, the tests, and a bunch of additional information.

Here is the link
Icemud LED Grow Featuring The All New Budmaster COB Technology - White Full Spectrum

So that brings this current grow journal thread to the end, join me in the new grow journal by clicking the link above :)

hey Brotha hope all is well on the homefront just passing through trying to get through all my subs
before I post since its been awhile with the work I had and I'm still trying to recover from being sick
but I wanna get my update post just wanna get through the subs I have first
Have a Great Week Brotha :thumb:

hey Brotha hope all is well on the homefront just passing through trying to get through all my subs
before I post since its been awhile with the work I had and I'm still trying to recover from being sick
but I wanna get my update post just wanna get through the subs I have first
Have a Great Week Brotha :thumb:

Feel better my friend!!!!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

DSC098551.JPG

Hey Everyone.....

Well its time that I try something a little bit new, so I introduce my Tangie Pheno hunt. I recieved a bunch of Tangie seeds from a buddy in norcal who grows. He wasn't sure what cross of tangie they were and thought that they were kosher tangie or tangilope but couldn't remember. I was happy to get some new genetics, especially Tangie which has won a lot of prestige in the cannabis world.

This is the first time I have ever grown from seed, so finding the correct phenotypes, and possibly even creating seeds is all new to me, and will be a fun grow to learn from :)

The plants currently are a little over 1 month old, about 1 month and 1 week, and I will be topping them 1x to create some branching, but otherwise will just be growing them out to pick the best of the best....

So Lets get started, shall we?!

Also, just to note, this is not a sponsored grow. I choose to use the Advanced LED XTE lights because out of all the lights I have they are the best. But since it is not a sponsored grow, you are free to ask any questions about any brands you like. (within 420's rules)

Here's the details:

What strain is it?
A mystery Tangie cross, most likely Kosher Tangie.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
These strains are all hybrids....

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?

The girls have been vegging for 1 month, 1 week under my Advanced LED EX-VEG 200's. All plants (except any males that show) will be cloned and labeled so that after harvest I can select the best phenos of what I have.

If in Veg... For how long?
They are my mothers so probably vegged from anywhere from 3 months to over 1 year.

If in Flower stage... For how long?
Not in flowering yet, but very soon.

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoors.

Grow Area Description and equipment
Each grow tent is a Hydrohut silver edition 2x4' tent. Actual measurements are larger and each tent measures approx 2.5'x5'x7'. Each tent is equipped with a large carbon filter, 6" fan on a manual variable speed controller. Intake air is sucked into the tent by the negative pressure and let in the lower portion of the tent on each side. Also the flowering tent is equipped with 2 circulation fans...one on an intake hose at ground level, and the other on the roof of the tent blowing downwards. Lights are daisy chained together and power is run through a digital timer. Lighting is done by 3x Advanced LED XTE 300 LED grow lights.

IMG_20150827_170133.jpg
IMG_20150827_170137.jpg

Size of light?
I will be using 3x Advanced LED XTE 300 LED grow lights. Each light has an actual draw of around 250W (+/- 5W) so the grows total draw is around 750W. Each light is rated for a total coverage of 3.5'x4' and optimal lighting in the size of 3'x3'.

XTE_300w_Back_Photo_69889_1410917474_1280_12801.jpg
ds-xte-300-infographic-update.jpg
spectrum-output1.png
screenshot-2014-07-16-02_25_061.png

Video Unboxing, testing and PAR fluence rate measurements on video.
Icemud's Grow Videos: Advanced LED DS XTE 300, Unboxing, Testing and Review - YouTube

Is it aircooled?
The lights are cooled by individual fans to keep case temps down...the fans also have a dust screen to help keep the insides of the lights clean.
The tent is cooled by a 6" hydrofarm fan hooked to a large carbon scrubber mounted at the top of my grow tent.

Soil or Hydro?
Soil.... recycled and reused soil.

If soil... what is in your mix?
I am using a recycled soil which is re amended every time a cycle is finished and dumped into my soil bin to cook until needed. Most of this soil is probably 2 years old or more. The basic ingredients/additives are below

The Base Soil Mix:

ProMix HP
Worm Castings
Volcanic Pumice
Alaskan Forest Humus

The Amendments:
Azomite (trace minerals and micronutrients)
Calcium Carbonate Powder 97%
Soft Rock Phosphate (Collidal Clay with high phosphorus and CEC value)
Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate)
Crab Meal 2-3-0 23% calcium(also a P source and source of chitin a hormone/growth regulator)
Fish Bone meal. (3-18-0) 24% Calcium
Lava Sand (adds trace minerals and supposedly adds paramagnetic value to the soil)
Crab Shell Meal 2-3-0 23% Calcium
Kelp Meal (also has growth hormones and PGR's, plus trace minerals)
Alfalfa Meal. (2-0-3) (contains Trichontinol which aids in plant growth and health)
Powdered Humic Acid (Adds Carbons to the soil as well as trace minerals and aids in chelation of minerals)
Humboldt Myco's Maximum (Beneficial Bacteria and Mycorrizae Fungus)
Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulfate)
Greensand (0-0-3) (Trace Minerals)
Dry Molasses (1-0-3) (Energy for the Microbes)

If soil... What size pot?
It is soil, and the pots are #10 smartpots (10 gallon) and I think there actually larger than 10 gallons..

Temp of Room/cab?
usually my ambient temps stay between 75F-85F (during the current summer months the upper portion of the tent can reach 90F while the canopy stays roughly 85F.

RH of Room/cab?
my RH typically stays right around 50% but sometimes (rarely) the winds come off the desert and dry the RH down to 10% or less.

PH of media or res?
I don't check PH..

Any Pests ?
Nope...none
I do use a few preventative measures to make sure it stays this way..
I grow high brix, so typically pests don't go for high brix plants.
I spray in veg with spinosad which pretty much prevents any pests from wanting to breed
I use yucca extract in soil and foliar sprays which also seems to be a great pest deterrent.

How often are you watering?

This depends on the portion of the cycle I am in, but can range from every day in small volume to every few days with larger volume.

Type and strength of ferts used?

Using foliar products including Bloomit, Amaze and PGR.
I also will be using Tand J enterprises tea and bio-minerals
about 1x per month I will be giving a soil drench of earthjuice

Other nutrients on hand include and may be used:
occasional additive include advanced nutrients: carboload, organic b, fulvic acid
occasional additives include general organics: bioweed, cal/mag, hydrolyzed squid, florablend tea, bioroot
bonide liquid fish 2-4-0...love this stuff!
SNS pest products for prevention
Spinosad by bonide

DSC095091.JPG
DSC095101.JPG

Pardon me for asking but are you some sort of bud wizard? I'm in awe at the minute mate, I thought I was a bit tasty because I baked my soil for a bit ;)

I'm going back to the drawing board with your thread, I've not met anyone over here who pays that much attention to the finer, literally microscopic details of our trade.

I recently found out that I'm autistic (also found out that 'aspie' is 'our' word for each other, please refrain from dropping any A-Bombs unless you've got permission ;)) so this new approach and all of the completely new (dare I say it ...alien?!) paradigms it throws up could be right up my street. Cheers mate, I'm going to study now, expect to hear from me in a bit asking how you pronounce them crazy new chemically words you have ;)

Pardon me for asking but are you some sort of bud wizard? I'm in awe at the minute mate, I thought I was a bit tasty because I baked my soil for a bit ;)

I'm going back to the drawing board with your thread, I've not met anyone over here who pays that much attention to the finer, literally microscopic details of our trade.

I recently found out that I'm autistic (also found out that 'aspie' is 'our' word for each other, please refrain from dropping any A-Bombs unless you've got permission ;)) so this new approach and all of the completely new (dare I say it ...alien?!) paradigms it throws up could be right up my street. Cheers mate, I'm going to study now, expect to hear from me in a bit asking how you pronounce them crazy new chemically words you have ;)

Haha! Joe that first sentence had me rolling over laughing... I like that "Bud wizard"!!! well I can't say I'm a wizard, cause my beard isn't long or grey enough yet, and I don't have magic skills, although that would be awesome, but I do try to learn as much about growing as I possibly can. I'm one of those type that is either all in, or all out, meaning that when I find a passion, nothing gets in my way of achieving my goals or at least I drive myself extremely hard to learn all I can.

I'm really happy that you like my work, and hopefully you can join along in my current grow which is my seed project (the link is in the signature below this post).

Feel free to ask any questions, I will try my best to answer them. I don't spend as much time on the forums as I did a few years ago because now I work in the industry and spend 8 hours a day on a computer researching cannabis, so I generally don't have as much will after getting home to hop right back online, but I have been making the effort lately to try to post more :)

Feel free to join along my seed project and really glad that you like my work and journals! Its your appreciation and others that makes the time spend on the details worth it.

Back
Top Bottom