Icemud's LED Grow With Advanced LED XTE 300 Series With EX-Veg 200

Well i have one plant under my EXT 300 and only 12" of clearance from the closest bud.....the plant is 28" x 28" x 30" and is stacking up like a champ......i wish i had about 4 to 6 inches more of clearance so the footprint woud be a little wider, but as of now dont see much difference in the size of the buds on the outer edge of the footprint:)....if you dont mind i will post a pic of it tomorrow.....i am hoping for about 8 oz off her.....:)....maybe more if her buds keep growing so well:).....but i will be happy with anything over 5 as that is my best so far off one:)

Well i have one plant under my EXT 300 and only 12" of clearance from the closest bud.....the plant is 28" x 28" x 30" and is stacking up like a champ......i wish i had about 4 to 6 inches more of clearance so the footprint woud be a little wider, but as of now dont see much difference in the size of the buds on the outer edge of the footprint:)....if you dont mind i will post a pic of it tomorrow.....i am hoping for about 8 oz off her.....:)....maybe more if her buds keep growing so well:).....but i will be happy with anything over 5 as that is my best so far off one:)

Don't let the buds get much closer than 12", I found around 10" or so, I started to get bleaching, not that its a bad thing.. but better to have around 12" or more of distance between buds and lights :) The coverage area of these lights is really good, its very powerful and intense, but does spread fairly well :) Not sure how far along in flowering you are, but if they do get too close, you can always supercrop in flowering and it will not really affect the grow.. besided making the lower buds get larger and grow upwards instead of along the stem :)

just make sure to always supercrop after watering and not when the plant is dry, or the stem will snap :)

I don't mind if you post your photo here (Its an Advanced LED thread so I'm sure they wont mind either :)

Wow thats a pretty fat plant! I will try to swing by your journal this week... been a really busy week with me starting a new job, and completely re-arranging my sleep schedule :)

Hey Everyone!

As promised...

Here are the photos of the 3 strains that were jarred up and are curing now :)

IMG_20150106_203056.jpg
IMG_20150106_203109.jpg
IMG_20150106_203129.jpg
IMG_20150106_203141.jpg
IMG_20150106_203150.jpg
IMG_20150106_203200.jpg
IMG_20150106_203213.jpg
IMG_20150106_203319.jpg
IMG_20150106_203326.jpg
IMG_20150106_203334.jpg
IMG_20150106_203346.jpg
IMG_20150106_203401.jpg
IMG_20150106_203509.jpg
IMG_20150106_203526.jpg
IMG_20150106_203540.jpg
IMG_20150106_203545.jpg

Great job Icemud :)

Great detailed journal with awesome results :bravo:

In my XTE-300 grow I'm seeing amazing results using 3/4 of the watts of led that I usually use.

These lights are for real. :cheer:

Great job Icemud :)

Great detailed journal with awesome results :bravo:

In my XTE-300 grow I'm seeing amazing results using 3/4 of the watts of led that I usually use.

These lights are for real. :cheer:

Thanks Ronnie!!! These lights definitely are the real deal.. same here with using less watts and getting more yield... love how Cree and OSRAM chips make better use of electricity converting to light :)

I definitely am going to be running these Advanced XTE's for some time :) I may even throw a 3rd one in my flower tent next run :)

Looks very delicious if you buy quality it always pay back on the long run and make abetter product from day 1.

If anyone knows how or where to get beans of that GSC pleeeaaase let me know.

McD's

Looks very delicious if you buy quality it always pay back on the long run and make abetter product from day 1.

If anyone knows how or where to get beans of that GSC pleeeaaase let me know.

Attitude has them.....i was just looking them up last night:)lol
Ok Ice here is two pics of her......i dont know if it will do her justice as i had to use my tablet to take the pics and it isnt the best quality, but when i do my update this sunday i will post a couple better ones showing all the trics.......12/12 started december 1st, but i dont count actual flowering until actual bud form which was on the 14th that i started counting:)......so Day 38 12/12 and Day 24 of actual flower:)
1420659013228-859070376.jpg
1420659102729-1279235693.jpg
i dont know if you can tell how big she is but she is 28" x 28" x 30"......if i start seeing any bleaching then i will supercrop....already have on a few that were taller than 30"....

My Bubba was outta control on day 13 of flower, so I beat her up last night and got her almost even with the other 2 in my tent.. After I saw Ice say you could still supercrop in Flower above well I did it!! I watered them first and after a few mins I went in like Jason from Friday the 13th and went to work!! Only I didn't stab or hack, I simply massaged and bent... All went fine and I didn't break any :) Thank You Again Ice!!!

:Namaste:

Can you see my Indian tears right now... damn!! Some of my favorite strains too!! Insane! we need smellavision! and I want to hit that GSC... I bet that hits like a truck..

:goodjob::bravo::party:

I haven't even tried any of them except the purple urkle... had to shift my whole work schedule and learn a ton of new techy stuff this week so haven't even been able to smoke.. for some reason it really kills my motivation so it will have to wait until this weekend. :) I defintiely will be doing a smoke report though very soon :)

AWESOME!

Have an efficiency breakdown?

Thanks Jandre!!! I'm not quite sure what you mean by efficiency breakdown,

So looking at a 660nm red chip...

OSRAM is going to put out around 450mW at 350mA where as a Epistar is going to put out only 250mW at 350mA and a Cree puts out 350mW at 350mA...

looking at a common blue chip at 450-460 range

Cree XTE puts out 600mW at 350mA where an epistar puts out only 420mW at 350mA..

So what this basically means is that you are getting 1.5 to almost 2x the light out of the better chips vs the cheaper chips...

Now also Cree junction temps max around 150C where as epistar are only rated max at <115C.... so typically the higher junction temp will allow the chips to last longer with minimal lumen depreciation in hot conditions.

I can't remember the source...and accidently deleted all my saved links on my browser (bummed) I remember Cree XTE chips having a LM95 of around 63,000 hours, which means that they will lose less than 5% light output in that time frame...

I believe that epistar had a LM80 of around 30,000 hours which means within this 30,000 hours, the epistar will lose about 20% of its lumen output... therefore again losing efficiency much faster.

Attitude has them.....i was just looking them up last night:)lol
Ok Ice here is two pics of her......i dont know if it will do her justice as i had to use my tablet to take the pics and it isnt the best quality, but when i do my update this sunday i will post a couple better ones showing all the trics.......12/12 started december 1st, but i dont count actual flowering until actual bud form which was on the 14th that i started counting:)......so Day 38 12/12 and Day 24 of actual flower:)
1420659013228-859070376.jpg
1420659102729-1279235693.jpg
i dont know if you can tell how big she is but she is 28" x 28" x 30"......if i start seeing any bleaching then i will supercrop....already have on a few that were taller than 30"....

Gorgeous looking plant Green Dreams!!!! thanks for sharing her beauty!!! You are going to have a very nice haul :) bravo!

My Bubba was outta control on day 13 of flower, so I beat her up last night and got her almost even with the other 2 in my tent.. After I saw Ice say you could still supercrop in Flower above well I did it!! I watered them first and after a few mins I went in like Jason from Friday the 13th and went to work!! Only I didn't stab or hack, I simply massaged and bent... All went fine and I didn't break any :) Thank You Again Ice!!!

For sure! a grower buddy of mine from Norcal taught me that trick on my very 1st grow and it definitely was nice to know that no harm was a result :) I usually do this when my plants stretch to high in flower, or I need to space out my canopy for better light penetration.

Glad it worked for you :)

Ice, great looking smoke, and NOTM stuff there, IMO :)

Thank you DrZiggy!!!!! can't wait to give them all a sample this weekend :)

Look forward to updates on Saturday evening :) or maybe even friday night :)

Back
Top Bottom