:bravo::goodjob:

Great Journal Icemud + reps

Awesome review, Ice! :thumb:

Perfect resume and smoke report. :goodjob:

Thanks for the great journal and your cogent smoke report, Ice...:goodjob:

Awsome journal and smoke report!!!!!:welldone:

Awesome Smoke Report Ice...

he is very thorough :thumb:

Exactly, hes like the Alton Brown of grow journals..:)

Awwww shucks!! haha Thank you, all of you for your kindness!!!! I have fun doing these journals and sharing my experiences !!!! make sure to visit my new journal :) near flipping to flowering :)

I think reading this thread has sealed the deal. After 13yrs of using HID, the time has come for me to convert to LED. I've been waiting for the technology to advance far enough to justify the switch. This journal has nailed it for me. Still have some research to do, but right now, Advanced is the clear front runner for me. Thank you for the awesome read ICE!!

I think reading this thread has sealed the deal. After 13yrs of using HID, the time has come for me to convert to LED. I've been waiting for the technology to advance far enough to justify the switch. This journal has nailed it for me. Still have some research to do, but right now, Advanced is the clear front runner for me. Thank you for the awesome read ICE!!
:welcome: to :420:! Glad the testing community on here could help your decision to get some high quality lights.

Awesome grow. That blue veg light looks crazy bright. Those are some expensive LED lights they cost almost double the price of GrowBlu Led's now...

Yeah these all blue lights are extremely bright and had amazing PPFD on my PAR meter... The price is more than most other LED's because they use all Cree XTE royal blue chips which are about 4x the cost of Chinese Epistar chips which most other LED's use (some use bridgelux). The difference though is more light per watt, higher operational temp thresholds, almost double the LM-80 running hours (how long it takes for a light to reach 80% of its max output). This is why the price difference I assume.

Welcome Nighthowl!!!!!!!

I am very happy that you chose my thread to make your first post!!! it makes me feel all warm inside :) lol

I have to say growing with LED is different, but the potential to reduce power usage and actually get more THC and terpenes from buds is definitely there which makes them a plus :) If you need any suggestions on anything, please don't hesitate to ask. Just keep in mind with LED's they don't spread as good as HPS, so more smaller LED's is usually better than 1 big one to cover an area... :) I can say so far with my experience in LED's... Advanced is definitely my top choice over the 3 different brands I have used...

Welcome to 420 Magazine!!!!!

Awesome read and thank you for sharing your adventures and efforts with us!
After reading a lot of this journal I am having second thoughts on buying one giant AdvancedLED XML 650 for my 5x5 tent. From what everyone is saying the XTEs are better than the XMLs and to buy multiple instead of one big light? What are your thoughts good people?

^ Not an LED user yet, but I can attest to what I've read from others on here that are. Multiple smaller lights are better than one big light. LED's can't spread their light like an HID fixture can, the light beam basically points straight down and is limited to the size of the fixture. Multiple lights also give you better versatility in your setup. Allowing for different light heights and there is the added bonus of if there is an issue with one of the lights, you still have the others to tide you over until the broken light is fixed. With one large light, you'd have to send the whole thing back, and potentially be without a light source while it is being fixed.

With that being said, I have not heard of any failures of the Advanced LED lights. Also, for those in the market, there is a company called Advanced that sells LEDs on Amazon and such. This is NOT the same company as Advanced LED. I can't speak of their quality, but just wanted to throw that out there. Good luck and keep us posted.

Hey Ice,

I've loved reading all your journals, hoping to try a led vscrog at some point.

I'm starting my first journal and hope that you and your followers can find some time to check it out. I would enjoy the insight, advice, and conversation with the knowledgeable people around here. Link is in my sig, thanks!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom