Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills OG

Welcome to Icemud's LED overkill grow!!! haha :)

I decided to name it overkill because I added 1 more Advanced LED XTE 300 to my 2.5x5'x7' which is way more than would be needed for most grows, as 2 of these lights rocked my last grow just fine. I won't be using the panels at 100% full power for the whole grow but wanted to have the option of pumping around 750W of LED into the girls if I desire to :) Lets take it big :)

For more information on these lights you can either visit Advanced LED at
XTE Series LED Grow Light - USA Made 5w LEDs - Advanced LED Grow Lights

Or you can visit my last grow journal which features a detailed testing/unboxing/review of these XTE 300's by Advanced LED.... click the link here ==---> Icemud's LED Grow With Advanced LED XTE 300 Series With EX-Veg 200

Or watch the Unboxing here -----> [video=youtube_share;qrCBIHX8rh8]
[/video]

Lets start with the details.....

What strain is it?

Flowering Tent:
Mystery OG, University Hills OG, Black Cherry Cola, Blue Dream, GSC (The purple urkle from last grow), GDP???? I believe its GSC or some cross of GSC with a purple... not exactly sure (clone supplier was wrong).

Veg Tent: Harlequin, GSC (thin mint pheno), churchberry (may get culled), Ogiesel, and will also be taking clones of all 6 plants in flowering tent before the flip.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?

These strains are all hybrids....

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Both tents currently in Veg, but XTE 300 series tent will soon be flipped to flowering.

If in Veg... For how long?

I don't keep track of veg times...

If in Flower stage... For how long?

Not in flowering yet, but very soon.

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoors.

Grow Area Description and equipment
Each grow tent is a Hydrohut silver edition 2x4' tent. Actual measurements are larger and each tent measures approx 2.5'x5'x7'. Each tent is equipped with a large carbon filter, 6" fan on a manual variable speed controller. Intake air is sucked into the tent by the negative pressure and let in the lower portion of the tent on each side. Also the flowering tent is equipped with 2 circulation fans...one on an intake hose at ground level, and the other on the roof of the tent blowing downwards. Lights are daisy chained together and power is run through a digital timer.
IMG_20150110_104343.jpg
IMG_20150110_172330.jpg
IMG_20150110_172334.jpg

Soil or Hydro?
Soil.... recycled and reused soil.

If soil... what is in your mix?
This soil has been reused and recycled each grow so the amounts of each soil supplement are not useful as it has been a few grows since originally mixed.

The Base Soil Mix:

ProMix HP
Worm Castings
Volcanic Pumice
Alaskan Forest Humus

The Amendments:
Make up 15% of my total soil mix
Azomite (trace minerals and micronutrients)
Calcium Carbonate Powder 97%
Soft Rock Phosphate (Collidal Clay with high phosphorus and CEC value)
Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate)
Crab Meal 2-3-0 23% calcium(also a P source and source of chitin a hormone/growth regulator)
Fish Bone meal. (3-18-0) 24% Calcium
Lava Sand (adds trace minerals and supposedly adds paramagnetic value to the soil)
Crab Shell Meal 2-3-0 23% Calcium
Kelp Meal (also has growth hormones and PGR's, plus trace minerals)
Alfalfa Meal. (2-0-3) (contains Trichontinol which aids in plant growth and health)
Powdered Humic Acid (Adds Carbons to the soil as well as trace minerals and aids in chelation of minerals)
Humboldt Myco's Maximum (Beneficial Bacteria and Mycorrizae Fungus)
Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulfate)
Greensand (0-0-3) (Trace Minerals)
Dry Molasses (1-0-3) (Energy for the Microbes)

DSC04237.JPG
DSC04241.JPG
DSC07171.JPG
DSC07173.JPG
DSC071751.JPG
DSC07177.JPG
DSC071791.JPG
DSC071801.JPG
DSC07182.JPG
DSC071841.JPG

If soil... What size pot?
My flowering Pots are 5 gallon plastic square pots...

Size of light?
logoWhite.png
screenshot-2014-07-16-02_25_06.png

Flowering tent I will be using 3x Advanced LED XTE 300 series LED grow lights.
XTE_300w_Front_Angle_Photo_34514_1410917407_1280_1  280.jpg
XTE_300w_Back_Photo_69889_1410917474_1280_1280.jpg

Veg Tent
IMG_0020133.JPG
IMG_0024107.JPG
All_blue_spectro_19651_1410917578_1280_1280.jpg
XTE_Blue_SideAngle_med_01670_1410917410_1280_1280.  jpg
EGysYO4eze0GNENtky19gu3eu6lG6UsQ4yKDeE9LR5s_66005_  1410917357_1280_1280.jpg
IMG_0020134.JPG

I will be using 2x Advanced LED Diamond Series EX-VEG lights.

Is it aircooled?
The lights are cooled by individual fans to keep case temps down...
The tent is cooled by a 6" hydrofarm fan hooked to a large carbon scrubber mounted at the top of my grow tent.

Temp of Room/cab?
usually my ambient temps stay between 75F-85F

RH of Room/cab?
my RH typically stays right around 50% but sometimes (rarely) the winds come off the desert and dry the RH down to 10% or less.

PH of media or res?
I don't check PH..

Any Pests ?
Nope...none
I do use a few preventative measures to make sure it stays this way..
I grow high brix, so typically pests don't go for high brix plants.
I spray in veg with spinosad which pretty much prevents any pests from wanting to breed
I use yucca extract in soil and foliar sprays which also seems to be a great pest deterrent.

How often are you watering?
I water every day to every other day, only 1 cup of water for small vegging plants and 2 to 2 1/2 cups of water for larger vegging and flowering plants.

Type and strength of ferts used?

Using foliar products including Bloomit, Amaze and PGR.
I also will be using Tand J enterprises tea and bio-minerals
about 1x per month I will be giving a soil drench of earthjuice

Other nutrients on hand include and may be used:
occasional additive include advanced nutrients: carboload, organic b, fulvic acid
occasional additives include general organics: bioweed, cal/mag, hydrolyzed squid, florablend tea, bioroot
bonide liquid fish 2-4-0...love this stuff!
SNS pest products for prevention
Spinosad by bonide

DSC095091.JPG
DSC095101.JPG

So today I got the tent completely cleaned from last grow. I bleach watered the sides of the tent and washed out the bottom tent tray and followed it up with some lysol spray to keep any mold/mildew from forming under the bottom. I decided to label this journal "overkill" because really there isn't a need to put 3x of the Advanced LED XTE lights in my tent as 2 did an extremely good job, but I figured, what the heck and threw in a 3rd one :) I've run 1000w of HID in the same tent before so I will be curious to see how around 750w of LED will perform although I may not run them at 100% through the entire grow.

As far as strains, these plants were vegged under the Advanced LED EX-VEG 200 lights. They grew very fast under the all blue spectrum however it is very very hard to see plant deficiencies under the lights so by the looks of it they need a little TLC before they are cloned and thrown into flowering.

I chose these strains because I am trying to narrow down the strains I have to just my favorites. 3 these strains that are in the tent (mystery kush, GDP??? questionable strain, and the supposed Purple Urkle which is GSC) will be judged on this grow whether they will remain in my garden or this will be their last run, and the other 3 have already made the cut and still stick around for some time( blue dream and university hills and black cherry cola may not make the cut.)

I was going to go with less plants this run, but decided I really need to thin out what I have so this would be better for me to just get it over with and then start trying new things like less plants but larger pots and such... :) either way I will have some amazing meds after this grow.

The plants have been vegging under the EX VEG 200's for over 3 months and I have had to cut them back quite a few times because they were getting very large, so they most likely have a very developed root base and should really show me something special :) I just need to get their deficiencies under wraps.

I sprayed the plants with a foliar feeding as well as gave them some plain water as they were a little dry. I am bubbling up a nice earth juice tea which will be ready tomorrow for feeding and added 2-4-0 hydrolyzed fish, epsom salts , micronutrients and silicon to the mix to prep them for flowering.

Other than that I am going to keep them in a 18-6 schedule for a week or so until I see their health improve and then I will clone them and flip them to flowering. I have the blue/white channel on all the lights on full and the red channel only about 25% right now.

Here are today's photos.

IMG_20150110_172317.jpg
IMG_20150110_172322.jpg
IMG_20150110_172356.jpg
IMG_20150110_172402.jpg
IMG_20150110_172408.jpg
IMG_20150110_172413.jpg
IMG_20150110_172419.jpg
IMG_20150110_172428.jpg
IMG_20150110_172434.jpg
IMG_20150111_002514.jpg
IMG_20150111_002522.jpg
IMG_20150111_002528.jpg
IMG_20150111_002533.jpg
IMG_20150111_002545.jpg
IMG_20150111_005029.jpg
IMG_20150111_005038.jpg

Hey Icemud,

I think adding another panel is a great idea :high-five: especially with these panels where you can dial in the exact watts and spectrum you wish. even if you ran all three panels at the same watts as last grow you would increase your core coverage area alot.

I'm adding a Light rail 5 light mover to my setup to increase my core coverage area for next run.

Great Job Brother , I love how your always pushing the envelope :)

Hey Icemud,

I think adding another panel is a great idea :high-five: especially with these panels where you can dial in the exact watts and spectrum you wish. even if you ran all three panels at the same watts as last grow you would increase your core coverage area alot.

I'm adding a Light rail 5 light mover to my setup to increase my core coverage area for next run.

Great Job Brother , I love how your always pushing the envelope :)

Hey Ronnie!!

Yeah I figured because LED's are very directional and penetrate well, I thought that the 3rd one would really even out the canopy lighting and hopefully max out my yield this run :) Can't wait to see how it performs :) Loving these lights :)

Subbed. I want to see the Advanced in action before I buy :)

Welcome Pantagruel!

Feel free to also visit my last grow that I just finished with the Advanced XTE's :) They did an amazing job :) (link is in my sig)

If this batch finishes before mine, I will set my Flower Tent on FIRE!!! hehehehe Damn brudda!! this is going to be insane!! I think you might pull a lb out of this one....

Now lets LOCK AND LOAD!! Kick the Tyres and Light the FIRES!!! :rollit::volcano-smiley:

I think 1lb is very possible... Im really curious to see if I can get that HID sized yield I saw on my 1st 2 grows... with 1000w of HID... I think it should be interesting this run to say the least :) either way I know my plants will love the extra light :)

I think you will do it too... I love those lights, so many options... I wish I could get my hands on one or 2 of those.. I will be trying to save up some cash here soon so hopefully one day I can get em!!

This is going to be good! I cannot wait to see what your plants do under 3 of these!!! all I can say is WOW!!!!!!

Hey Ice so im always in for an advanced led grow
and to all those who wanna try advanced
im running the older version of the diamond series
which they still sell I believe and is a bit cheaper
and it does work ive been using them coming up on 3 years and they are still running great
so if you cant afford to go right to their best model know that even the previous model works great and runs cool like all their led's

I think you will do it too... I love those lights, so many options... I wish I could get my hands on one or 2 of those.. I will be trying to save up some cash here soon so hopefully one day I can get em!!

This is going to be good! I cannot wait to see what your plants do under 3 of these!!! all I can say is WOW!!!!!!

I definitely can say these lights are awesome :) very well worth the investment. I'm really excited to see how 3 of them do as well :) plus the plants I am going to flower are a little smaller than I typically flower so I hope that they will fill up much more :)

I'm subbed. Now to go back and read. Looking forward to see this amount of light.

Hey High 420kwats!!!! Welcome and glad to have ya :) should be a fun flowering run this time with my "overkill" of LED watts :) can't wait to see these ladies stack on the buds :)

Hey Ice so im always in for an advanced led grow
and to all those who wanna try advanced
im running the older version of the diamond series
which they still sell I believe and is a bit cheaper
and it does work ive been using them coming up on 3 years and they are still running great
so if you cant afford to go right to their best model know that even the previous model works great and runs cool like all their led's

Hey Cronic!!!

Happy Skunkday!!!! wooooo hoo :)

I definitely love the Advanced LED's! I see why they have been around for many years :) they rock :) Good to know that you have had them running for 3 years :) longevity is a great thing :) I definitely expect these to be flowering my girls for a long time to come :)

Nice looking setup icemud!i am in on this ride too!

Hey SkyHigh!!! Welcome!!! grab a seat somewhere comfortable and pack up some greens :) should be a fun run :)

Back
Top Bottom