Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills OG

Re: Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills

Hey Icemud

Come to Boston in the spring, that will be for a week,, in June this year. And I'll take you to a game at Fenway! Of course, that comes with me tapping your knowledge bank all night! ;)

Did you hit the no name restaurant, how about Jimmys harborside,,? wait that might be closed.

I'm glad to read you liked the area, but the snow, we're ova it :) Next time, let me know,, I'll show you around but sounds like you had great company!

Fabulous grow here, really top notch!

That was one thing I wanted to do but didn't get a chance to. A game at Fenway, such a historic park! I ate at a place called Legal, a lot of locals seemed to recommend it so we all went, the food was absolutely amazing! Yea the company is a really good company to work for, and fun.

I wish I had more time, but working those trade shows really tires ya out... I tried some smoked eel at the tradeshow..was like delicious rubberbands..haha :)

Re: Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills

Wow, Icemud!

Kudos to you and Advanced LED for the information! There are some really surprising numbers in that umol grid chart. :thedoubletake: I wish more manufacturers had the confidence to publish grid charts. There aren't enough to make good comparisons.

Those are superior numbers! :thumb:

I'm liking my XML 350 a lot so far, and it's only 18-20 inches from the top of a mature blooming plant, so ... she's absorbing 1000 umols? Heheh, good girl!

Hey Graytail!!!

Yea I am really happy to see actual information... something a lot of companies forget to advertise. Its really helpful, especially the Par chart over a 4x4 square to really plan out light spacing and height. I wish more companies did this.

Good to hear that you are liking the XML :) Advanced definitely makes some great lights :)

I am really debating on switching to AdvancedLED next grow. PlatinumLED was suppose to have a new lineup for this year, but so far have not seen much.

Great thread.

I've never used the Platinums, but many really like them. I can say one thing that I definitely like the Advanced LED's. From everyones reviews of both light brands, I think either would make a good addition.

Great Update Brotha :thumb:
Happy Shatterday :high-five:

Its Skunkday!!!! wooo hoo... started my day off with a nice J of blue dream!! yippee!

So I don't mean to hijack your thread, but here's whats going on in the 2x4 (xte 200 and 250 hps) and 2x2 (mars ii 400) - really gotta say I am loving my scrog under the xte 200 and if it wasn't for your journals icemud, I probably would not have bought either of mars ii or the xte's. Been waiting 12 days (including weekends) for my next two xte panel and yet to even ship out. Was same thing with the xte, shipped out on day 13. Hopefully it ships out tomorrow - Would love to flower for the last 3 weeks. Ice I wanted to ask, How many weeks do you think that scrog and lst could go? I have my chems lined up for 8 weeks and she will hit 4 weeks on Tuesday. Guess will see how things go

woo hoo ice :D

20150321_124356.jpg
20150320_124203.jpg

20150321_202319.jpg

Looking Great Icemud :thumb:

Glad to hear your trip went well.

come over when you get a chance and check out my new lighted scrog screen. :)

Woohoo! My order has been shipped! Can't wait, hopefully I have my package by Friday.

Good morning Ice:).....your girls are looking lovely my friend:)....i finally ordered my 2nd XTE 300 for my flower room....be here wednesday and i have a Blue Dream in veg that is waiting to flip for it....she is gonna be a beast...with all the training she has been through i am hoping to break my best again:)....10+ off her would be most excellent:)...Have a great day Ice and thank you for all you do for us newbies:)

They haven't changed their site as of this post but i know new units have already been shipped out. Curso has some and they are an improvement over the original lights, if you're interested just drop PLed an email or go to their site and use the chat feature and see if they can help out. Mark was great in returning one of my lights(nothing wrong with it).

Hey there PrimalUrge:)....and welcome to :420:my Friend:).....you have picked an excellent journal to follow...Ice is one of the best ones to follow.....make sure to check out his videos as well:)....Lots to learn from:).....If you ever have any questions feel free to visit my journal or PM me and if i cant help i will get you to who can:)...and again :welcome:

Woohoo! My order has been shipped! Can't wait, hopefully I have my package by Friday.

It's hard waiting on new toys isn't it:)lol......Congrats on your purchase:)

So I don't mean to hijack your thread, but here's whats going on in the 2x4 (xte 200 and 250 hps) and 2x2 (mars ii 400) - really gotta say I am loving my scrog under the xte 200 and if it wasn't for your journals icemud, I probably would not have bought either of mars ii or the xte's. Been waiting 12 days (including weekends) for my next two xte panel and yet to even ship out. Was same thing with the xte, shipped out on day 13. Hopefully it ships out tomorrow - Would love to flower for the last 3 weeks. Ice I wanted to ask, How many weeks do you think that scrog and lst could go? I have my chems lined up for 8 weeks and she will hit 4 weeks on Tuesday. Guess will see how things go

woo hoo ice :D

20150321_124356.jpg
20150320_124203.jpg

20150321_202319.jpg

Hey Ellision!

No hyjacking involved :) am happy to help you out and very happy to know I was able to aid you in your lighting purchases. Your plants are looking really good. I can't believe the stem thickness of that middle photo! wow..

That sucks that its taking almost 2 weeks to get your lights, but kind of adds to the anticipation :) lol like waiting for Christmas morning as a child...December seemed like 2 months long then... haha

I wouldn't really base your harvest time off a preset date or timeframe...as some strains can be ready in 55 days and some can take almost 100. I would base it off when the plant tells you its ready. Typically I wait until all hairs have turned from white to brown, and then shrivel up. At this time the calyx's should swell a ton and the buds seem to fatten up by day exponentially. This is usually when I start checking trichomes and depending on if you like the Uppity type high or the couchlock is when you want to harvest. If you like the uppity energy type high then you will want to harvest when your trichomes are all cloudy but no amber, and if you like the couch lock heavy high, then wait until at least 20% of your trichomes are amber (usually about 1-2 weeks later, but strain dependent). This is the best indicator of when to harvest. I never go by a preset time frame, I let the plants tell me when they are ready, based on the effect I am looking for. :)

By the looks of it you are about 1/2 way there...Since you are on week 4 which I am guessing is around day 30 or so, you probably have another 4-6 weeks to go depending on the strain type and the effect you want...but again, its really all about what the plant tells you...

BTW they look amazingly healthy :) and I honestly can't get over how thick those stalks/branches are :) wow!

Looking Great Icemud :thumb:

Glad to hear your trip went well.

come over when you get a chance and check out my new lighted scrog screen. :)

Hey Ronnie! Yea the trip was good... I swear I am craving their oysters...and chowder....amazing!!!

I will try to get over there tonight :) can't wait to see!

Sweet!!!!! Woooo Hooo! haha I know its exciting....man you are going to love those lights! they are awesome!

Good morning Ice:).....your girls are looking lovely my friend:)....i finally ordered my 2nd XTE 300 for my flower room....be here wednesday and i have a Blue Dream in veg that is waiting to flip for it....she is gonna be a beast...with all the training she has been through i am hoping to break my best again:)....10+ off her would be most excellent:)...Have a great day Ice and thank you for all you do for us newbies:)

Hey Green Dreamz!!! Man blue dream is one of my favorites... I still have to perfect growing her, and right now mine is so pissy..she want to keep curling her leaves no matter how light I water and how low the nutrient doses are, and now she is yellowing on the top old leaves...gotta figure out what she likes because when well done, blue dream in my opinion is one of the best tasting weeds on the planet :) plus a very heavy yielder :)

That's awesome that you are getting another XTE...I am so happy to have the 3 of them going, definitely plan on using them for many grows to come :)

BTW thanks for the good vibes!!! back atcha!! Have a great Thursday!!!

Update time!!!!!

Day 46 of flowering!!!!

So I awoke at 5am thirsty as heck and went to my fridge to get some filtered water. SPLASH!!!! dammmit I did it again.... fell asleep with my Reverse Osmosis going and flooded my kitchen.... I really need to stop doing that...hahaha oh well, on the bright side I have the cleanest kitchen floor in all of Southern Cali!! haha :)

So things are looking really good in the tent with the exception of my blue dream being a pain in the buttox... she has wanted to keep curling her leaves whether I lower the nutrient feedings, the water ratio of feedings, and even flooding the soil with regular water to flush it she still wants to curl leaves and now the older upper leaves are turning yellow....not too sure what is wrong... i know its not overwatering as i check the soil a few times a week and I keep it on the moist/dry side, giving them only 2 cups of water per day and the occasional earth juice drench with a few days of no water following. All the other plants for the most part look good so I have not a clue why my blue dream is being bad...I even thought it was a nitrogen issue so I slightly upped the N in the last few feedings and still didn't correct it...not sure....I flooded the soil again tonight with just plain r/o water so hopefully the soil will slowly get back into sync.

Other than that, the other plants are looking great, but also some are showing some yellowing of the older leaves, which I know is somewhat normal for later flowering, but I think its still too early for that. I will just have to be gentle and help get the soil back in order by doing a nice worm/compost tea for the next feedings....

Well here are the photos for today...

Full Tent views...
IMG_20150325_222949.jpg
IMG_20150325_222958.jpg
IMG_20150325_223026.jpg

Churchberry..
IMG_20150325_223038.jpg
IMG_20150325_223045.jpg

Mystery Kush
IMG_20150325_223116.jpg
IMG_20150325_223122.jpg

Mystery "cookies"?
IMG_20150325_223149.jpg
IMG_20150325_223157.jpg

Mystery Purple cookies looking plant:
IMG_20150325_223208.jpg
IMG_20150325_223214.jpg
IMG_20150325_223219.jpg

Blue Dream:
IMG_20150325_223130.jpg
IMG_20150325_223138.jpg

University Hills OG:

IMG_20150325_223100.jpg
IMG_20150325_223106.jpg

better late than never right? :)

i hope you dont mind me following this one mate

i've also seen some of your youtube hibrix videos i knew you before i saw your journals :laughtwo:

best of luck with your garden :Namaste:

Here is a quick video update! Enjoy!

Hey Ellision!

No hyjacking involved :) am happy to help you out and very happy to know I was able to aid you in your lighting purchases. Your plants are looking really good. I can't believe the stem thickness of that middle photo! wow..

That sucks that its taking almost 2 weeks to get your lights, but kind of adds to the anticipation :) lol like waiting for Christmas morning as a child...December seemed like 2 months long then... haha

I wouldn't really base your harvest time off a preset date or timeframe...as some strains can be ready in 55 days and some can take almost 100. I would base it off when the plant tells you its ready. Typically I wait until all hairs have turned from white to brown, and then shrivel up. At this time the calyx's should swell a ton and the buds seem to fatten up by day exponentially. This is usually when I start checking trichomes and depending on if you like the Uppity type high or the couchlock is when you want to harvest. If you like the uppity energy type high then you will want to harvest when your trichomes are all cloudy but no amber, and if you like the couch lock heavy high, then wait until at least 20% of your trichomes are amber (usually about 1-2 weeks later, but strain dependent). This is the best indicator of when to harvest. I never go by a preset time frame, I let the plants tell me when they are ready, based on the effect I am looking for. :)

By the looks of it you are about 1/2 way there...Since you are on week 4 which I am guessing is around day 30 or so, you probably have another 4-6 weeks to go depending on the strain type and the effect you want...but again, its really all about what the plant tells you...

BTW they look amazingly healthy :) and I honestly can't get over how thick those stalks/branches are :) wow!

Great news! I got my new light's yesterday, honestly happy with the wait time. I wasn't any longer then my first order, actually a couple days quicker and it gives me the chance to have the new panels for the flowering tent for at least HALF if not more of the flowering time. Removing the 250w drawing 300w and replacing it with a xte 300. Already swapped out the mars ii (400) in my 2x2, WOW WOW WOW the XTE 100 competes easily with brightness compared to the mars ii using half the energy. It was honestly a shocker to me when I removed the mars and replaced it with the xte 100 how bright the 2x2 was regardless. I definitely see what you meant by the mar has way more "spread" making it way less focused in that 2x2 for brightness, but the mars doesn't;t have lenses or a double lenses . NOTHING WRONG WITH THE MARS BY THE WAY, it's a great unit for the pricing, and it' was flowering that northernlight crop kingseed and she's a monster by far. The xte 300 are a tad heavier then expected, I hope my tent is sturdy enough to hold the xte 200 and the xte 300 .. With the mars in between until I can purchase a full blue panel and a 2x3 tent and then ill swap out the mars for the XTE 100.

Will snag some pictures today when everything is good and going with the new panels. :thanks:

Sick update by the way ice, it's awesome how you've taken the time and wrote out what you' have and contributed to my grow. Appreciate the kind words about the stem size, i'm not sure if it's genetics seeing as she's a bag seed.. but she oddly smells like my blue mystic while she was in veg. She was an accident topped . and then broke another top branch creating 3 mains ish. She trained really nice and easy, I had her under the scrog with the under plant but she wasn't responding as well, took her out tied her down and she turned into this rather neat looking thing! My draw backs at the moment.. are my pot size. Definitely think that could have a bigger impact on my yield or thickness of buds later in the game!

for those intrsted im sure Brotha might have overlooked it as busy as he is but the onsite discount shows a 5% spring discount but theres a tax discount of 10% till midnight end of the month for advanced led's I figure since this is a advanced led grow and I see a lot of people interested I hope Brotha doesn't mind me mentioning it, and no im not a sponsored grow by them I just love their lights and been using them coming on 3 years with 0 issues so far the code would be TAXRETURN10OFF and I only know this cause im on the mailing list

Plants look Great Brotha

better late than never right? :)

i hope you dont mind me following this one mate

i've also seen some of your youtube hibrix videos i knew you before i saw your journals :laughtwo:

best of luck with your garden :Namaste:

Hey 420 Brother!!! always welcome in my journal :)

Thanks for the good wishes :)

only a couple more weeks to go :)

Back
Top Bottom