Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills OG

Re: Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills

Sub'd

Thanks for sharing your grow.

I have some humboldt blue dream seeds so I am coming along to gain some knowledge about the strain/grow.

Thanks and +Reps

Blue dream is an amazing strain. I still haven't perfected her yet, as this grow she wasn't too happy. Glad to have ya along for the journey!

Re: Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills

Awesome pictures, Ice.....Happy birthday and have a great 420.....you rock!

Hey Shawnee!!!!! Thank you for the compliments and the birthday wishes!! Had an excellent 420! :circle-of-love:

Happy Birthday weekend Icemud! :party: Over 420 weekend too! Enjoy.. :)

Ladies are lovely as usual.

Thank you SmokesDaKush!!!!

Had an excellent weekend!!! hope you had a great 420 as well!!!

Hey there Ice - caught your journal and now.... SUBBED .. better late than never eh? Happy birthday to ya and nice buds there buddy. You got it going. WOW... this run is my first all LED and I'm doing pretty good but you have something special there.

I haven't read this entire journal yet but I'll be paging back to see the progress. You have everything to go all organic from looking at your lineup there on the first page!!

Anyways man I hope you have a GREAT GREEN weekend - those buds look just about ready! Happy B-day buddy and happy 420 day ifn's I don't see ya again for a few daze.. gotta go back and do some reading here.

You are running about ~800w draw with those 3 lights?? I'm drawing 1180 in my tent with 3 LED lights I've got some heat issues gonna have to turn on AC here soon. I'm getting a lot more light (2x) than a 600w HID but I've got the same heat....

Your nugs look absolutely amazing. :thumb: Oh and congrats on the finalization of the sale right before the weekend, doesn't that feel great to close a deal, have a good weekend and hang with those beautiful ladies? Yeah u right!

Keep it green and frosty

Cheers

Hey Bobrown! glad to have ya!

Thanks for the B-Day wishes!

So far the garden is doing really well as things come to an end, been giving them plain water and compost tea the last few feedings so with the lack of nutrients they are starting to yellow and almost ready for harvest :)

Pretty much about 90% organic other than my ocassional salt feedings by Dogget/Simpson products which I only used about 2 feedings in flowering and 1x in veg, the rest is all organic :) was trying to blend both types to get the best of both worlds, the flavor and complexity of organics, and the bulk of synthetics... but I think it really didn't make a difference so most likely will stay organic as always done before.

Each of the XTE 300's are about 250W actual draw, so I am running about 750W total draw with all 3 lights. Heat is definitely higher than I would like to see in my grow tent, but with me overloading my girls with light its really hard to keep it down in my small setup. If you have LED's at 1180w and 2x 600w at 1200w roughly, there isn't going to be much a difference in heat.... heat load is based on watts used, so no matter what the source.... same wattage = same heat load.. :) I have a feeling if you have air cooled hoods you may actually have been slightly cooler with HID as I was cooler with them. Since LED's don't have a way to evacuate heat like air cooled HID hoods, I find LED's actually heat up my grow more than HID of similar wattage.

Thanks for the luv and the compliments!!! glad to have you!

Looking fantastic as always. Hope ya had a good one.

Thank you Dark Green Goo!!!! It was an excellent weekend!

Beautiful as Always Brotha Ice :thumb:

Hey Cronic!!!! Thank you so much!! Happy Weedensday!

Thanks Hungaluz!!!

damn ICE!! Super Frosty!!

Yup!! Can't wait until these babies are done!

What is the real watts draw on one of those lights, just curious to compare grows.
Keep up the good work.
OG

Hey OttawaGreen!!!

The draw of each of the XTE 300s is approx 250W.. Mine were around 252-253W each

About the same draw as my eshine lights which show 260w each on the meter. I did 1gpw on my first led grow which is better than I ever did with hps. Hopefully we can both do better next time. Some people are doing over 2gpw apparently!

Each of the XTE 300's are about 250W actual draw, so I am running about 750W total draw with all 3 lights. Heat is definitely higher than I would like to see in my grow tent, but with me overloading my girls with light its really hard to keep it down in my small setup. If you have LED's at 1180w and 2x 600w at 1200w roughly, there isn't going to be much a difference in heat.... heat load is based on watts used, so no matter what the source.... same wattage = same heat load.. :) I have a feeling if you have air cooled hoods you may actually have been slightly cooler with HID as I was cooler with them. Since LED's don't have a way to evacuate heat like air cooled HID hoods, I find LED's actually heat up my grow more than HID of similar wattage.

Thanks for the luv and the compliments!!! glad to have you!

Happy Green Friday there Ice - yeah you're spot on there with the heat thing. I'm finding that exactly, my HID was cooler in the tent cause of the way I was venting (cool tube) no actual heat or very little make its way into the tent but with the LED everything is in the tent. I have to open the doors during lights on but its not too bad at least I'm not growing Blueberry x Skunk this round! hahaha

Hey Everyone!!!!1

Well I decided to take some photos of the girls today. Today makes day 78 of flowering :)

I have been feeding the girls just plain water and compost tea the last few feedings so the leaves have all started to yellow from the lack of N and other nutrients, which should make for a very smooth and tasty smoke. I believe that after the dry spell we will have the next few days I will be starting to take the girls down as I think they are about ready. I still havent seen much for amber tricomes, but by the looks of the buds, I think anyday I pull them from here on out will result in nice tasty nugs :)

Well not much else to report on today..... Here's some photos :)

IMG_20150426_205514.jpg
IMG_20150426_205521.jpg
IMG_20150426_205544.jpg
IMG_20150426_205551.jpg
IMG_20150426_205601.jpg
IMG_20150426_205611.jpg
IMG_20150426_205621.jpg
IMG_20150426_205627.jpg
IMG_20150426_205631.jpg
IMG_20150426_205641.jpg
IMG_20150426_205703.jpg
IMG_20150426_205709.jpg
IMG_20150426_205720.jpg

Nice buds there buddy - when ya choppin?? They look almost ready!! My last round looked like that at ~80 days I let em go 100!! hahaha

Looks Great Brotha :thumb:

Well that time has come!!!

On day 80 of flowering, which was on Thursday I decided it was time to take the girls down. I have been feeding them only water and compost teas the last few weeks and so the leaves started to canibalize themselves and I knew that the plants were ready as there was very little new growth on the buds, as well as the trichomes all were cloudy and some even slightly amber.

Since its been warm lately, I had to dry the girls in my tent, without washing this run, because of the smell. Even though I'm state legal, I don't think my neighbors would appreciate their houses reaking like pepe le pew walked through them so I am am drying the plants in the tent with the carbon scrubber, and the fan on low/medium to allow the humidity to stay consistant but still allow some air replacement as well. Its been a little dry also so I have a wet hand towel hanging in the tent to help raise the humidity (thanks Dad for the idea!)

So I'm sorry that I didn't take more photos before I cut the plants up, but work this week has been pretty much a nightmare learning that my newly promoted position/department is getting dismantled due to too high of CAC (customer acquisition cost) and so back to the regular sales floor I went, only to be followed a day later by the entire sales teams commission pretty much getting cut 90% so this week has been pretty emotionally and mentally draining to say the least. I honestly didn't even smoke for most of the week which is always my nightly routine to relax my body mind and soul..and this week I just was so busy and stessed that I didn't and had no problem going right to bed after worrk.. uggg... oh well.... time to start looking for a new gig :)

So as far as my plans for next grow, I am not sure what I am going to do. I really would like to run my harlequin again, and maybe my black cherry cola and possibly my thin mint cut of GSC, so most likely this week I will take some clones of 2 or 3 of them, and get them going, so I can flower out the mothers once they root.

The next grow I am only going to run 2 or 3 plants, but also I will be getting much larger pots. i want to see if my yield goes up with pretty much everything else being the same, other than less plants and more soil... so it will be interesting. I will probably do 3 plants in 10-15 gallon pots if they fit in my tent, instead of the 5 gallons I have been using, and also most likely will go back to smart pots as they just seemed to really bump up the yeild when I used them.

So here are a few photos of the girls after chopping, I will take more as I harvest each plant, along with final weights and photos after drying jarring and curing.

Since I already ran these lights before and did a final review, I don't really need to do it again as I am extremely pleased with how the advanced LED XTE lights grow. I have been offered by a few companies to try out their lights and do test grows, but I find it really hard to want to change something out that works so well, and also has premium led's, to go to something with subpar cheaper chips.... but only time will tell... most likely I will stick to what is working extremely well, which is these XTE lights :)

IMG_20150501_174803.jpg
IMG_20150501_174820.jpg
IMG_20150501_174830.jpg
IMG_20150501_174839.jpg

Back
Top Bottom