Bagseed Grow

I know what you’re saying Jackalope, but genetics are actually a lot less diverse now. Not only for cannabis, but for pretty much all other plant species, as we’ve mixed and blended so many species together. It’s a worldwide phenomenon- and not just for gardeners and plants either. There’s the illusion of more variety, and there’s more general availability, but reality is that there much less diversity.
I realize this post doesn’t help either...o_O

Not only does it not help it is confusing also LMAO. Just dealing one species here to simplify things. What do you mean by genetics being less divers? I understand that a lot of the same genetics are used in breeding. In the end lots of people take different paths to the same destination. While genetics make ups are different there are really only 3 types of marijuana. Sativa, indica ruderalis so all strains will be a mix of one or more of each. Out of all the thousands of strains out there. I would say half is just a renamed pheno of a known strain. My question, While the genetic make-up may be the same terpene levels are still changing. While marijuana is still getting stronger all the time. Mostly it is the flavors and smells that are improving. Something other then grow techniques are changing terpene profiles. Aren't those changes making things more divers?

Ya know Jackalope, you may be completely right. But I also think we are just looking at things from different angles, which would make us both right. I don’t mind being wrong. It’s an interesting question
I posed the question over here to see what other people think too.Landrace Genetics 101

:passitleft:

Ya know Jackalope, you may be completely right. But I also think we are just looking at things from different angles, which would make us both right. I don’t mind being wrong. It’s an interesting question
I posed the question over here to see what other people think too.Landrace Genetics 101

I can see both sides of the argument. I say you're both right. With all the different crosses people are breeding a lot of mutts (to use a dog term) where eventually they could all be the same, but yet there would be nearly infinite recessive genes (not sure if that's correct plant terminology) that could create a ton of different phenotypes. Wish I was more astute on the breeding end of things. It's not something my brain seems to want to learn. The A.D.D. kicks in every time I try to study it. Now tissue samples and plant nutrition, I can study it for hours. Damn brain!

Flip it and grab a clone or 2 in a week. Root them under a bulb, transplant, and throw them back in with mom. I find that a lot more practical then vegging for weeks. Breaks up harvest and keeps yield up there.

I get the glue/cookies/ or whatever the marketing flavor of the month is. I almost appreciate it. What that means for genetic diversity, I won’t argue either side. I grew up in a small immigrant town with an Italian, German, Slavanian, Polish, etc.. neighborhood with Scandinavians sprinkled in everywhere. Made the county fair and summer festivals an incredible place to eat! That was 50yrs ago... the events still carry the awesome diversity because it’s tradidition in the area... the neighborhoods not so much. Not uncommon to see half Germans selling Gyros and half Greeks offering up sausage and kraut. You get my point.

I also suspect what we think are Landraces are still hybrids to some extent. I guess it all depends on what snapshot in time you want to reference from.

As for what you have there... I’ll argue that it makes no difference at all. A few of it’s true brothers awesome, a few duds, and most a good representation of what you will sample in your future. I’ve completely given up on the indica/sativa “look”. I’ve got a “landrace” Paki Chitral Kush 100% indica that looks far more sativa than my 100% sativa Grinspoon. Just have fun and enjoy. Think I’ll follow this journey. I’ve been stalking long enough. Good luck!

Just throwing that out there. That's the thing about opinions. They are always right they are ours. At least this is a subject that can be argued civilly. Unlike Religion, Politics or Guns.

Apparently you have to have 50 posts before you can use private messaging. Have a group grow coming up. Might be helpful.

So. Does anyone know how to lower soil pH useing lemons. After the transplant the soil seems to have settled at 7.5

Useing 5 0 1 floramicro. Full strength.

Going to flip in a couple days..

Apparently you have to have 50 posts before you can use private messaging. Have a group grow coming up. Might be helpful.

So. Does anyone know how to lower soil pH useing lemons. After the transplant the soil seems to have settled at 7.5

Useing 5 0 1 floramicro. Full strength.

Going to flip in a couple days..
Sure thing. Lemon juice?

I'll play around with the lemon juice thing. Wamt to learn about this on my bagseed grow. Might need the knowledge one day. Plus it helps me understand my home made promix. Still havnt kill these two yet.

It's day 27. I've decided to veg these two and then super crop them later. I have a GGa grow thats taking priority and don't want to do it at a 12/12 schedule. This Bagseed grow was for me to learn on
And I finally tested the run off after heavy nutes and the pH was 6.8. I'll be happy with the pH around 7.

If anyone is still watching here is an update to my Bagseed grow/learning grow.
Nutes full strength. Up near 1400ppm.
It's been 30 days.
About 45%rh
pH in soil 7.5 and run off 6.8
(looks like that is going to be my base line).
Still vegging waiting on my GGa group grow.
Tried my hand at some LST.
Still plan to super crop later. When the auto flowers the bagseeds will be flipped

I have a question. So with all new soil stuff. Should I get the felt pot full of soil and let it sit or cook for a week before I put a plant in it? I have maybe a week till the group grow starts.

Back
Top Bottom