ideas for first grow

budlover3388

ok so ive been trying to grow for a long time but things keep comminng up or i always change my ideas at the last minute so im just gonna plan everything on here with all of your help and move forward.

Hydro-DWC
20g roughneck--bloom
4to6 plants
T5-veg
400w hps-bloom
10g roughneck-veg

its a closet grow
height=7ft

length=3ft

width=3ft 3in

is this closet big enough for this grow? any comment or question is greatly appreciated :thanks:

Planning is a beautiful thing. I love the hours and weeks spent researching prior to the grow. Everyone has a unique situation with their growspace so one size definitely does not fit all.

I started my grow today after months of planning. I am more interested in quality than quantity so I have decided to do a micro ScrOG in a 30"x15"x6' cabinet I purchased at Lowes. I will be doing graduated bubbler buckets starting in 1gal bucket and finishing in 10gal bin with additional 10gal reservior.

No area is too small, you just have to be aware of what to expect and make sure you plan around your limitations. These things grow like weeds :slide: and you can quickly run out of space in a small area. Major concerns will be venting the heat generated by your indoor sun and dealing with the beautiufully strong smell of your new girlfriends. You may want to consider CFLs to minimize the heat and with it the venting requirements. If you are on the top floor you may be lucky enough to have an attic above you. This area can be easily be used to vent the closet but you will want to plan for some type of air scrubbing solution to keep your grow a secret.

Send us some more details as you continue your planning process. I would like to hear more of your thoughts on DWC setup.

JC

Planning is a beautiful thing. I love the hours and weeks spent researching prior to the grow. Everyone has a unique situation with their growspace so one size definitely does not fit all.

I started my grow today after months of planning. I am more interested in quality than quantity so I have decided to do a micro ScrOG in a 30"x15"x6' cabinet I purchased at Lowes. I will be doing graduated bubbler buckets starting in 1gal bucket and finishing in 10gal bin with additional 10gal reservior.

No area is too small, you just have to be aware of what to expect and make sure you plan around your limitations. These things grow like weeds :slide: and you can quickly run out of space in a small area. Major concerns will be venting the heat generated by your indoor sun and dealing with the beautiufully strong smell of your new girlfriends. You may want to consider CFLs to minimize the heat and with it the venting requirements. If you are on the top floor you may be lucky enough to have an attic above you. This area can be easily be used to vent the closet but you will want to plan for some type of air scrubbing solution to keep your grow a secret.

Send us some more details as you continue your planning process. I would like to hear more of your thoughts on DWC setup.

JC
thanks man planning is a beautiful thing. Ive been planning for maybe a year i started with soil but maybe 3 months into it I switched to hydro.As for odor ill have an ozonator(iam well aware of the risks but if used the right way its its about all you will need) venting iam not sure ill have some fans and open the closet door once in while ill also have an ac. are you doing a journal for your grow?

My first thought was that I would not do a journal but I have since changed my mind. I was always researching but never posting. Now that I have started posting I've got the bug and I don't think I'm going to be able to stop.

JC

My first thought was that I would not do a journal but I have since changed my mind. I was always researching but never posting. Now that I have started posting I've got the bug and I don't think I'm going to be able to stop.

JC

lol yea it gets addictive then you start making friends on the site and you just cant stop but hey when you do start a journal let me know :peace:

What strains are you looking at?

well since im doing dwc and using a big res instead buckets and its my first grow i was thinking of growing 1 starin at a time because it seems alot of ppl run into problems when running different strains in one res or i was thinking if i run different strains that they would be all kush or all sativa instead of mixing sativa and kush in a grow together but i was thinking of starting with white widow and white rhino because i read somewhere that wr is ww sister so im guessing there needs might not be to different.

im also looking at chemdawgmix,bubba kush and white russian.. do you recommend any? and what strains are you looking at?:peace:

I agree with the 1 strain at a time strategy. I got some Caramelicious and 20 free seeds. My first thought was that I would germinate some of each but I did not realize until I read Swampgas' thread on Caramelicious that different strains will mature and finish at different rates. Not to mention differences in heights that can cause headaches with finding the proper level for your lamps. I made an executive decision today to only germinate the Carmelicious strain for my grow.

JC

I agree with the 1 strain at a time strategy. I got some Caramelicious and 20 free seeds. My first thought was that I would germinate some of each but I did not realize until I read Swampgas' thread on Caramelicious that different strains will mature and finish at different rates. Not to mention differences in heights that can cause headaches with finding the proper level for your lamps. I made an executive decision today to only germinate the Carmelicious strain for my grow.

JC

I read Swampgas thread it was pretty good, and yea its best to only grow 1 strain at at time and hey are you going with hydro or soil?:peace:

ok so ive been trying to grow for a long time but things keep comminng up or i always change my ideas at the last minute so im just gonna plan everything on here with all of your help and move forward.

Hydro-DWC
20g roughneck--bloom
4to6 plants
T5-veg
400w hps-bloom
10g roughneck-veg

its a closet grow
height=7ft

length=3ft

width=3ft 3in

is this closet big enough for this grow? any comment or question is greatly appreciated :thanks:
back to the original question anyone?

Have you done any research on ScrOG techniques? I think that you will need to manage the height of your crop carefully given the 7' space. 7' quickly turns into 4' as you subtract the clearance of the reflector (8-12"), distance you will need to keep the HPS from the tops (12-18") and the height of your DWC reservior (8-12").

Have you done any research on ScrOG techniques? I think that you will need to manage the height of your crop carefully given the 7' space. 7' quickly turns into 4' as you subtract the clearance of the reflector (8-12"), distance you will need to keep the HPS from the tops (12-18") and the height of your DWC reservior (8-12").

yea i was thinking of lst will that be enough?

is it even possible to lst in dwc? iam doing more research on scrog.from what i read its the same as lst except in lst you tie down the branches and in scrog you just put a cage(dont know what its called) over the plants im trying to get one online but cant seem to find one. anyone who can help?

is it even possible to lst in dwc? iam doing more research on scrog.from what i read its the same as lst except in lst you tie down the branches and in scrog you just put a cage(dont know what its called) over the plants im trying to get one online but cant seem to find one. anyone who can help?

I think that FIM might serve you better than LST for ScrOG. You will want to get a lot of tops going which FIM will promote. BTW 3x3x7 is more than twice as many cubic feet as I am using so yes! you should have plenty of space.

I think that FIM might serve you better than LST for ScrOG. You will want to get a lot of tops going which FIM will promote. BTW 3x3x7 is more than twice as many cubic feet as I am using so yes! you should have plenty of space.

I did some research on the FIM technique and i think your right i will be using this technique.Ill be shooting for about 4 main colas.Thanks a lot im one step closer in starting the grow.I really appreciate it.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom