Identify Autoflower

Flowrif

420 Member
Hi I am fairly new to growing weed and I have learned a whole lot in a short period of time. I just need help telling the difference between autoflowering and photoperiod plants. I think that I have an autoflowering plant. The plant is 2 months old and in vegative stage. The reason I think it's auto is because the plant recently revealed its sex by having two pistils. I did not change light schedule, it has been on 18/6 this whole time.. Question: if a plant shows sex in vegative without changing light to 12/12, is this normal for all cannabis or an exclusive characteristic for photo or auto? Would this be called preflowering or simply just showing sex? Or is showing sex the same as preflowering? I read about preflowering and I understood that this is when u see first signs of sex but I also read that preflowering is first signs of buds... These are clearly two different things, so which is which? If I know exactly what preflowering is, I can understand better. Here is my question from different perspective: Do photoperiod plants show sex before flowering stage? Do photoperiod plants preflower/show sex on 18/6 light schedule?
Thanks to everyone who takes the time to inform me!

The reason I think it's auto is because the plant recently revealed its sex by having two pistils. I did not change light schedule, it has been on 18/6 this whole time..
As 013 mentions, you have a photoperiod.
I have seen all of my Blue Dream clones show the set of pistils but never start to show buds unless the light schedule is moved to 12 on & 12 off. Some other strains will not show pistils until the light change.

All my plants are photoperiod and will not show bud growth unless I drop the dark period to 12 hours or more. They will show on set of pistils at most of the new nodes but only one set, never more and without enough dark that is all they do.

Edited to add: Not all of my photoperiod plants, or clones off the original seed, will show any kind of preflower or even a single set of pistils. Just some strains do the showing of the pistils.

Hey Flowrif,

Welcome aboard!! A picture would be nice.... but consider this - If it were an auto at 8 weeks of age then it would be in flower cycle and very close to harvest regardless of light hours... you’ve got a photoperiod.
Makes sense!! Thanx 4 response man, it means alot! I uploaded a picture just for the heck of it.

20210609_151507.jpg

As 013 mentions, you have a photoperiod.
I have seen all of my Blue Dream clones show the set of pistils but never start to show buds unless the light schedule is moved to 12 on & 12 off. Some other strains will not show pistils until the light change.

All my plants are photoperiod and will not show bud growth unless I drop the dark period to 12 hours or more. They will show on set of pistils at most of the new nodes but only one set, never more and without enough dark that is all they do.

Edited to add: Not all of my photoperiod plants, or clones off the original seed, will show any kind of preflower or even a single set of pistils. Just some strains do the showing of the pistils.
Okay and thanx 4 response! This is the exact answer I was looking for and leaning towards.. you answer all my other questions within the main question..preciate it.. thanks to All!

Back
Top Bottom