Identify bagseed strain?

User43

Long story short, my seeds went from in labeled containers to allllll in one bag....

They were all bagseed's so its not the end of the world but it would be nice to know what im smoking though.

Especially since im planning on pollinating and making my own seeds. (no idea what the males are either....)

Is there a company i can send a gram to in order to identify the strain? Or will some guru's on here be able to make
accurate guesses once they are close to harvest? I could give a picture but its only on week 1 of flower i doubt its strain could be identified

There's alot of strains out there I dunno if anyone has a genetic database to refer to...I'd imagine it would cost a fortune also. I grow about 6 different strains at a time typically and they all look different and I can tell them apart...but only because I've been cloning them a while and have become familiar with their look and smell. By just a picture I'd say it's about impossible.

If you collected the seeds over time from weed you know. You might be able to get a basic idea of what is what. It is easy to notice basic growth patterns which each strain has. Not exactly but you can get in the ball park. Every G.G. #4 hybrid I have grown has had the same basic growth style. I might not be able to tell between the Zkittelz or Blueberry hybrids but I would be able to spot the G.G. in them. The same thing can be said for other strains.

Is there a company i can send a gram to in order to identify the strain?

Try Steep Hill Genetic Testing Services, Medicinal Genomics, or Modern Canna Labs. Avoid Phylos Bioscience (IMHO), and find out exactly who will own the test results prior to using one of these types of places. Seems like some people in the industry might be trying to build a genomic database so that they can die rich, and they're charging customers to help them build it. Unsavory (again, "IMHO").

Back
Top Bottom