Identifying female seeds?

LighTer

I recently came across this. This is directed towards the experts, have you guys noticed any trends such as this?

Identifying_Female_Cannabis_Seeds.jpg

interesting .. would like to hear more on this

Thats why I posted this. Was hoping pitviper, scifi, or roseman etc could give a thought or two on the matter.

Well.. I've seend this before, and promptly referred (or was it reefered..Heh ) to Rosenthall, and Jorge's literature, and anything else I could find on the matter.

Everyone pretty much says you can't tell shit about a seed, from the seed itself, except if it's viable based on color (lighter, and the less likely it is the sprout) and how strong the seedling will be based on size. (Bigger seeds are stronger starts, if you didn't know..)

Thanks for input Sci Fi, I figured I would get told that because I hear it every other day on these forums. (im just a little bit stubborn)

hahaha thanks roseman!

I saw that chart in 2006, did 8 grows since with non-feminized seed, and I am convinced ti is BULL Sh*t! I quit using the chart after two grows.

:rofl:
:thanks: Roseman, thanks,, I didn't think it could be that easy.. or everyone would be doing that.. right? and the seedbanks wouldn't charge like 5 times more for the fem seeds...

Femming seeds actually, isn't hard at all. Colloidal ionized silver in a spritzer and you have the makings of a back-crossed set of 80-90% female seeds. I'm not sure I can say that justifies the cost the charge for femmed seeds.

Femming seeds actually, isn't hard at all. Colloidal ionized silver in a spritzer and you have the makings of a back-crossed set of 80-90% female seeds. I'm not sure I can say that justifies the cost the charge for femmed seeds.

I have read a little about that, and it looks way easy to make as well. Something I am interested in trying.. if/when I get to that point, I will be sure to post pics, etc..

wish was that easy too, ppl should give males a chance, especially when you purchased the seed packs, why not sustain yourself and make something special. Any way, less stress and cool temps at the beginning always return high fem ratios, then there is always letting a fem pollinate herself for a high ratio of fem seeds. Then there the infamous Ethylene gas trick, but u would need a lot for a little with this method.

I was told that you just look under the flat side of the seed and call "hey you" and if she answers its a girl and if he answers its a boy !It couldn't be any simpler you must have very good hearing though their kinda shy...

i think its a 50 50 but u can see some fem traits when lookin at seed just my 2 cent but isnt a sci they jus tend to look fem any1 agree

yea that chart doesnt look on point look for well shape viabel striped an if u have hand full of seed u can see a bit of diff in all but can see what i mean when some look more fem like a big seed can b male but then it can b hermi or a huge boy or a huge girl so great tread tho

Back
Top Bottom