Idiots

I'm gonna go with your source is garbage. No offense. I came to that conclusion because when I clicked your link, I got the page, and then this:

Capture.PNG
Iam going with Microsoft is garbage

Nah man.... that website is hosting suspect advertising.

“...numerous studies demonstrated that prenatal cannabinoid exposure may lead to alterations in GABAergic, glutamatergic, dopaminergic, serotoninergic and opioidergic systems in offspring [28,32,78]. In addition, perinatal cannabinoid exposure disrupts neurodevelopment through modifications of gene expression [79] involved in neuronal specification and synapse physiology...”

These are real changes with real impacts on a person’s quality of life.

Here

A lot of emotion on this issue seems to come from the prohibition hangover around free will questions.
Just shows how difficult it is to have rational discussions on these matters no matter which side of the argument you come down on.

A foetus doesn’t have free will. Fetal marijuana syndrome is real, if underresearched. Brains aren’t finished developing until a person is in their 20’s. At what age should a person be able to exercise their free will? Not for us to say.

I think that most studies are flawed in one way or another, usually with a political agenda, and it is our task as researchers to completely analyze why the data points the way it does. I base my opinions on this matter on the FACT that I am a cannabis baby, and my parents being products of the 70's both toked while I was in the womb, after I popped out, and indeed I was given cannabis smoke to inhale even as a toddler. If the data presented so far here is correct, I am an anomaly, currently holding two Master's Degrees and a PhD.
I think the main factor not being considered in a lot of these studies is that of environment. I was raised in a well to do upper class environment, given the best schooling, and always afforded the best medical care. I have had every advantage. I see no detrimental effects from my lifelong cannabis use, even as a child and young adult, and to the contrary, I believe that by understanding and working with the physiological changes this plant makes to our brains, it has made me smarter and able to be more focused. I will further argue that anyone microdosing with a psychoactive drug will see similar effects.
Every one of us is different and those raised in environments where access to pot is momentary and not part of day to day life, react differently to their isolated and momentary uses of it. Just like any vice, pot use to those who treat it as a novelty, as a release, as a panacea; their experience is different than that of someone who has constant access, daily use and where it has just become a part of life and not as much of a recreation.
Much more study needs to be done on pot. Since we have receptors in our bodies waiting for link ups to the chemicals found in pot, whether it happens in utero or afterward, I believe that getting these unique chemicals into our systems is necessary for full protection against the things this world can throw at us. Keeping to the philosophy of taking all things in moderation, I don't see anything wrong with a few puffs while pregnant, just like a few sips of beer isn't going harm anything either.
We know very little yet about how the brain works and how to somehow activate more than the 10% that people normally are able to use. Studies show us that the psychoactive component in THC is able to provide a means to link the two hemispheres of our brains and activate a significant portion of the brain that is normally not active. Much more work needs to be done in this area, as well as understanding how this all relates to the neurodegenerative diseases.

It is my belief that this plant was put here specifically to help mankind. I believe that something in this plant is the key to healing many of the things happening to our bodies because of the modern world. I believe it was put here specifically to heal us and help our brains to evolve, and that government and big pharma need to get out of the way and let us do the research that needs to be done, and stop being afraid of a plant.

“...numerous studies demonstrated that prenatal cannabinoid exposure may lead to alterations in GABAergic, glutamatergic, dopaminergic, serotoninergic and opioidergic systems in offspring [28,32,78]. In addition, perinatal cannabinoid exposure disrupts neurodevelopment through modifications of gene expression [79] involved in neuronal specification and synapse physiology...”

Here

A lot of emotion on this issue seems to come from the prohibition hangover around free will questions.
Just shows how difficult it is to have rational discussions on these matters no matter which side of the argument you come down on.

A foetus doesn’t have free will. Fetal marijuana syndrome is real, if underresearched. Brains aren’t finished developing until a person is in their 20’s. At what age should a person be able to exercise their free will? Not for us to say.
It’s very real, I have experience with this in my life. It’s terribly sad to see someone’s chance at a successful life taken from them before they even had a chance to walk.

Here

The biggest problem is Capitalism.

The sole reason cannabis was ever made illegal in the first place was pure greed by Hearst and Dupont.
And the establishment has been flat out lying and spreading pure propaganda about it ever since.

The very few studies that have been done were all manipulated to try to make cannabis look bad.
So they claim its cannabis that "might" cause lower birth weight but when you look at the study they included both tobacco and alcohol either of which are known toxic substances for adults and fetuses with tons of absolutely provable problems caused.
When those two factors are excluded those that consumed ONLY cannabis showed little to zero adverse effects.

You have to dive down into the weeds in all these so called studies.
They are usually paid for by corporations that are trying to spread propaganda.

The sole reason cannabis was ever made illegal in the first place was pure greed by Hearst and Dupont.

Are these your cotton giants are they? Over here (NZ) our first prohibition laws were racist in origin. Our premiere in the 1890’s didn’t like Chinese people and made opium illegal.
A lot of evidence to say prohibition was prolonged in the US by racism too. In Chasing The Scream Johan Hari looks at Harry Anslinger and the DEA pretty hard. Worth a read.

spreading pure propaganda about it ever since.

I think this discussion shows as well as any that we’re all capable of spreading misinformation so long as we think it suits us.

It is my opinion that the results of any 'study' are pre-ordained. It is very easy to manipulate the results by choosing your dataset. I proved this to my satisfaction by examining several so-called 'studies' that now form 'proof' acceptable to the courts. I've also talked to researchers who found the results inconclusive, or contrary to those desired. Many of them were not selected for further research, and the results of their research were suppressed.

Are these your cotton giants are they? Over here (NZ) our first prohibition laws were racist in origin. Our premiere in the 1890’s didn’t like Chinese people and made opium illegal.
A lot of evidence to say prohibition was prolonged in the US by racism too. In Chasing The Scream Johan Hari looks at Harry Anslinger and the DEA pretty hard. Worth a read.

I think this discussion shows as well as any that we’re all capable of spreading misinformation so long as we think it suits us.

My opinion is that the existing racist views of the populace were harnessed by industry to protect themselves, and open new markets for their products. Nylon rope and paper from trees are two of the products that won big through prohibition.

I got an idea...Lets let the ladies decide what they want to do with their bodies.

Totally agree. To each his/her own. But just like lots of things folks do, I don't have to agree with it. If my wife or daughter asked me if I thought it was a good idea to smoke weed while pregnant, I would say "No. Because there isn't sufficient evidence for me to make a decision either way. Due to the potential risks and the fact we are talking about a developing brain, its probably best to abstain for the 9 months, until further information comes to us."

Now if there was a reason to smoke weed that far outweighed any risks, that's a different story. In the case of my wife with her two pregnancies, we were lucky enough not to have a reason to smoke.

Umm no it isn't, at least it isnt on my Linux or my Android OS using Firefox or Brave which dont allow any of that in the first place.
So the problem is Microsoft Edge

Nope. The site is hosting the shitty code. Yes, you are correct, IE responds to it and shouldn't. However, that doesn't change the fact that the website is pushing adware down to my PC. Sorry, that's just the way website run man.

:passitleft:

Nope. The site is hosting the shitty code. Yes, you are correct, IE responds to it and shouldn't. However, that doesn't change the fact that the website is pushing adware down to my PC. Sorry, that's just the way website run man.

:passitleft:
Then you should change browsers so you dont have to worry about it.

Run Linux with Brave or Firefox and zero BS to worry about regardless what website you're on.

Totally agree. To each his/her own. But just like lots of things folks do, I don't have to agree with it. If my wife or daughter asked me if I thought it was a good idea to smoke weed while pregnant, I would say "No. Because there isn't sufficient evidence for me to make a decision either way. Due to the potential risks and the fact we are talking about a developing brain, its probably best to abstain for the 9 months, until further information comes to us."

Now if there was a reason to smoke weed that far outweighed any risks, that's a different story. In the case of my wife with her two pregnancies, we were lucky enough not to have a reason to smoke.
Totally sensible.

Unfortunately for most women pregnancy isn't so easy.
Best thing for morning sickness?
Cannabis
Best and SAFEST thing for pain?
Cannabis
Far safer than ANY pharmaceutical.

So if a woman is in need of something to help with morning sickness and pain which I'd say the vast majority of women do then the best option by far is cannabis.
And depending on the pain that treatment could be with a topical balm.
And there's no reason to smoke it, just use a concentrated tincture.

The way I see it, if your wife is sitting on her ass getting blasted on OG kush blunts all day you have more problems than weed. If she needs a tOKe or two to keep from throwing up before going to work in the morning or to keep down her breakfast, I'm thinking that's another thing. I would say do your thing honey

Then you should change browsers so you dont have to worry about it.

Run Linux with Brave or Firefox and zero BS to worry about regardless what website you're on.

Been there done that. Trying the non-micorsoft route was too annoying. I just run winders in a vm and tear it down to snapshot every Sunday night. Easier and cleaner than trying to hide in a non Microsoft world, in my opinion.

The way I see it, if your wife is sitting on her ass getting blasted on OG kush blunts all day you have more problems than weed. If she needs a tOKe or two to keep from throwing up before going to work in the morning or to keep down her breakfast, I'm thinking that's another thing. I would say do your thing honey

Again, too each his/her own.

I just asked both the wife and the daughter. They both said it didn't make sense too them either. Given they are two of the most intelligent and admirable women on the planet, and my go to for knowledge of such things, I'm gonna go with them on this one.

Have a groovy day everyone. Another Monday coming! :Namaste:

isn't it better if weed isn't legal or illegal. they just need to keep their noses out of my business and i'm good. personally i would rather see growers make money off their crop than the government regulate and make money off of my crop.

I know I am partial to reading certain news reports, like hearing hints of Jamaica's low birth defects.
News hinting Jamaica has low virus infections/symptoms! I'd like to believe that, would not be surprised.
What did surprise me was a 5 second or less CNN article back in 2017 that "discussed" the research results of a single dose of those silly shrooms having up to 6 months of relief from anxiety and depression for terminal patients, then silence on the subject. I'll bet someone lost their job over that one 5 second report. I don't think truth can be reported or even recognized by the majority of professional idiots in media, even on the weather channel. I just watch the trees for news lately, and listen to the wind whisper, that's about all the news we have today!

Back
Top Bottom