Idontsmokeit's First Grow Journal Indoor/Outdoor

idontsmokeit

Im new here, this is my first grow. Im an avid vegetable farmer, and thought this would just be a fun little project. Everything I've learned has come from dope forums, and mostly the 500 page FAQ I read through. I started these indoors, and will be planting outside when the temps permit. I never thought it would be this exciting, but I find myself thinking about the girls and checking on them constantly.
My grow box has a 5" intake from the cold air return in my living room, and a 120mm computer fan on the opposite side of the box. Seemed to be working good, except, it dropped my humidity down to 30%, so I shut it off for now, and im back up to 45%. Not sure if they NEED air blowing on them or not. Like I said, im new.
I bought Botanicare Pro nutes, and plan on starting after 2 weeks of veg, if they look good. Seeds were started in between 2 wet paper towels, all of the 'beginning batch' germed in 24hrs, except one Mkush. Im sure im forgetting some stuff, but hell, lets just get started.

What strain is it?
Nirvana AK-48 (5)
Nirvana Bubblelicious (5)
Nirvana Master Kush (5)
Delicious Cotton Candy (5)
Lowryder Easy Ryder (3)
Delicious Fruity Chronic Juice (1)
UFO G13 White Widow (1)
UFO Dinafem Amnesia (1)
UFO Dinafem White Siberian (1)
UFO Dinafem Power Kush (1)

Indoor or outdoor?
Currently indoor, headed outside when it's time

Soil or Hydro?
Peat, perlite, vermiculite, topsoil

If soil... What size pot?
2 liter pots

Size of light?
2x4 T5 4 bulb fixture, 216 watts, 20k lumens, 6500k

Grow room is 2x4x4(high)

Temp of Room/cab?
65-82 deg f

RH of Room/cab?
35-52%

Here's the room...
2012-03-24_13-35-17_275.jpg

DAY 2

couple slow ones, one Master Kush wasn't poked through, so I dug around gently, and found her in an 'S' shape under the dirt, didn't have enough gas to fire up through the surface I guess..... RIP. One cotton candy is really struggling as well. The white siberian looked weird, so I touched it, and it snapped in half and fell down *shrugs* RIP

IMG_080012.JPG

IMG_080114.JPG

DAY 4

Everything seems to be doing well, they all look about the same, except the Amnesia, think I might lose her.....odd, all the 'freebies' are doing shitty.

IMG_080517.JPG

IMG_080416.JPG

IMG_080212.JPG

IMG_080316.JPG

Thanks.... I have no idea what I would do with it if they all produced, but my middle name is overkill, so.....
I mean, I'm down to 26 already, but im sure more won't make it.
I raise the lights for pics, they're about 4" from the girls

LOL @ my middlename is overkill, thats how I feel sometimes :) Very nice start with a whole group of ladies!!! Glad to have you with us here at 420magazine, hope that you find it your new home :) I'm definitely subbed for this grow...wow, what an amazing list of ladies you have :)

ok, so I'm probably being paranoid, but this white chalky stuff on the surface of the soil.....can someone explain this?
You can see it pretty good in the no plant pic, but in the other pic, its visible around 9:30 and 10:30. The picture with the plant - the soil IS damp around the plant, that's why it looks like that.

IMG_081318.JPG

IMG_081411.JPG

Day 9

So I lost 5 out of 16 for the first round. Not sure what the cause was. Everything appears to be doing very well, they look happy.
Soil Temp - 76-80 deg
Room Temp - 81 deg day, 68 night
Room Humidity - 51%

If anyone see's or reads something that don't sound right, tell me, i'm a greenhorn.

IMG_082317.JPG

IMG_082411.JPG

Started the rest of the seeds on April 19th, 24hrs later, all the seeds have sprouted, I planted them on 4/20. 4/22 they were all poking through, or just about poking through. I may start nutes now. I may start LST now as well.

Day 18

IMG_087511.JPG

IMG_087611.JPG

IMG_087711.JPG

IMG_087810.JPG

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom