IdTokeThats experimental 12/12 from seed journal.

IdTokethat

Okay, so ive had terrible luck in the past, once my house was broken into and my plants were cut and died because of the stress, and another death because of a transplanting error which led to death.:rolleyes3:

But, since then ive moved- and now i want to try an experimental grow. :rollit:

So, ive got a bunch of bagseeds germinated and in a big old cooking pot full of soil with some holes drilled in the bottom. Ive taken an old chest type thing, took out the bottom, and taped some white paper to the walls for reflection-did i mention i have hardly any money for this grow? Anyhow, i have a lamp with a reflector and a 70 something watt cfl on the new plants, 3 of which have sprouted.

I keep the room at about 78 degrees during day, and 70-75 at night.

I have some holes cut in the side of the box, and theres no bottom so heat and ventilation arent a problem.

I dont have many pests except for some fruit flies (could be fungus gnats).

I got the soil from someone, so im not sure exactly which brand but it is organic and has nutes in it.

Ive been only misting the top 2 inches of soil until wet, and misting the box every few hours.

And yes, i read the how to make a grow journal and thats probably why i was as specific as i was with the info.

Any suggestions, i want to do 12/12 from seed as soon as im sure that no more will sprout( i mentioned before only 3 have and theres about 8 in the soil), but in the mean time i have the light on 24/7.

And quick question, would it be better to leave them all in the large pot, or should i put them all in big party cups or something? I saw something about a shotglass grow competition so thats why i wasnt sure all of them in the same pot would even be a problem.

Any helps appreciated!
:thanks:

w1-3_sprouts_12_29_day_3.jpg

haha the towels and cup are to keep humidity up lol- and the old leave in there is in memory of the previous plant that died during transplant

Your seeds should sprout within 3 days of going in soil, atleast thats my experience.... I've killed all but one tho..

What are the dimensions of your growspace ?

This looks like a intresting enough grow though so i'm grabbing a chair and watching for your progress :popcorn: Best of luck.

The space is 24 inches tall, 19 inches wide, and 14 inches long, but from soil to roof the space is only 18 inches

Btw this is an ultra stealth grow

The space is 24 inches tall, 19 inches wide, and 14 inches long, but from soil to roof the space is only 18 inches

Btw this is an ultra stealth grow

Stealth is always nice, but its sad we have to resort to hiding it. You are vorking with a far larger space than i am tho ;) But be careful once they start to stink, you are going to need something to mask the smell.

Okay, so ive had terrible luck in the past, once my house was broken into and my plants were cut and died because of the stress, and another death because of a transplanting error which led to death.:rolleyes3:

But, since then ive moved- and now i want to try an experimental grow. :rollit:

So, ive got a bunch of bagseeds germinated and in a big old cooking pot full of soil with some holes drilled in the bottom. Ive taken an old chest type thing, took out the bottom, and taped some white paper to the walls for reflection-did i mention i have hardly any money for this grow? Anyhow, i have a lamp with a reflector and a 70 something watt cfl on the new plants, 3 of which have sprouted.

I keep the room at about 78 degrees during day, and 70-75 at night.

I have some holes cut in the side of the box, and theres no bottom so heat and ventilation arent a problem.

I dont have many pests except for some fruit flies (could be fungus gnats).

I got the soil from someone, so im not sure exactly which brand but it is organic and has nutes in it.

Ive been only misting the top 2 inches of soil until wet, and misting the box every few hours.

And yes, i read the how to make a grow journal and thats probably why i was as specific as i was with the info.

Any suggestions, i want to do 12/12 from seed as soon as im sure that no more will sprout( i mentioned before only 3 have and theres about 8 in the soil), but in the mean time i have the light on 24/7.

And quick question, would it be better to leave them all in the large pot, or should i put them all in big party cups or something? I saw something about a shotglass grow competition so thats why i wasnt sure all of them in the same pot would even be a problem.

Any helps appreciated!
:thanks:

Hey bro! I really want to do a 12/12 grow myself, which I might do on my next grow, so I'll be watching with interest.

I've read quite a bit on 12/12 and I can tell you that you must be at 12/12 from the get go. Flip your light to 12/12 right now. Otherwise you develop too much branching.

I'd put each one in large party cups, tape over them with black tape so the roots don't get light. If they're not planted close together, they may be ok in that big pot later on after you pull the males.

However, it's very easy to over water them in the big pot....because you have to soak the soil so the roots grow down and seek moisture. If you only dampen the top, the roots will stay shallow. However, if you soak a big pot, you can also drown little seedlings. If they were transplanted into the big pot, that would work better.

You should get more light ASAP....lots more. Like 10 of those 70 watt CFL's. Or, get a couple big CFL's.
Or, you could use the great big HID in the sky if you have a window nearby....but that negates the stealth aspect.

Also, don't screw around with gnats and flies. Get a sticky trap for them.

I hear ya about the budget.....but see if you can scare up about 50 bucks for lights and nutes.

The first few days of a plant's life determines sex, and whether the plant will reach it's genetic potential. If they start off wrong....they won't do as well later.

Thanks man, yea all the extra money I have from now on is going to go on them.

But, since thats not much, is there any types of nutes i can use through the whole process?, and if so can i get it at walmart or any of those big stores?, I cant really order through mail, no credit cards, and the people i live with are nosy and they'll catch on if they see a container of plant nutrients lol.

And okay im going to get a pack of the party cups, but is the tape over them nessacary?, I cant see why it would be its not like you put tape over pots, plus then when the stem thickens up im sure that will be a problem.

Oh and btw smells not a problem, im in my own basement and most people know i smoke so they'll figure i just smoke more now, or the qualities really gone up.

Oh, and quick question, i have one of those safety blankets (I think there all mylar right?), if i put the cups in and wrap the blanket around the cups with the lamp coming into it, would this be better?
And i could put a thin piece of tape so i can open the blanket to water, transplant, chop males etc..
Or would this create to much heat?

The tape aint for the top but the sides, you need to cover the sides so the roots wont get ligth on them.
I'd cover the sides of your cabinet with the safetyblanket for increasing the ligth reflected onto your plants.

Thanks man, yea all the extra money I have from now on is going to go on them.

But, since thats not much, is there any types of nutes i can use through the whole process?, and if so can i get it at walmart or any of those big stores?, I cant really order through mail, no credit cards, and the people i live with are nosy and they'll catch on if they see a container of plant nutrients lol.

And okay im going to get a pack of the party cups, but is the tape over them nessacary?, I cant see why it would be its not like you put tape over pots, plus then when the stem thickens up im sure that will be a problem.

Oh and btw smells not a problem, im in my own basement and most people know i smoke so they'll figure i just smoke more now, or the qualities really gone up.

Well, If I was in your situation, with plants already in the ground, I'd use Osmocote, or Dynamite....both of which are time released nutrients.

People may freak out, hearing me say that, because we've been conditioned to believe that MJ needs 10 times as many products as Tomatos in order to grow. That's just not true. MJ will grow just fine if treated like a tomato.

I've grown some great vegetables and flowers with Osmocote. I haven't used Dynamite yet....but I'm told it's even better. Dynamite Plant Food : Products : Flowers and Vegetables

Please understand, I'm not saying these are the best nutes money can buy and will give you the best crop possible! However, you asked, "Are there any kind of nutes I can use through the whole process?" Keeping in mind your budget and need for stealth and simplicity...these nutes will do the job. Hell, they might do a lot better than trying to mix 5 different products all the time. They won't burn your plants, and your plants won't suffer any major deficiencies.

As was said above, the tape is merely for the sides of the cups, to keep light off the roots.

You need more light! Get to Home Depot and buy more CFL's!

I dont fully get what you mean by the sides of the cups? And thanks next money i get is going on a pre-paid card to order those.

The Dynamite plant food thing that you gave me the link too.
And in the meantime, has anyone ever heard of flower food?
Its those little packets that come with cut flowers and its laying around because noone used it.
Any nutrients in there or is that something only for cut flowers?

man I fkin hate keg cups they become top heavy very easily and fall over. I would much rather use a can or a wide mouthed jar or something stable like a plastic pot. if you know a cafeteria spot grab a bunch of large cans from the recycling bin they usually are like a gallon or more... I like the 12/12 idea I'm doing that for my grow too.

The Dynamite plant food thing that you gave me the link too.
And in the meantime, has anyone ever heard of flower food?
Its those little packets that come with cut flowers and its laying around because noone used it.
Any nutrients in there or is that something only for cut flowers?

Don't use the cut flower stuff!
With your budget and needs I think the Dynamite is a good choice.....not the BEST choice you could make, but you'll grow plants and yield something.

Of course, you're gonna need more light! Don't forget to get about 5 times more light!

Alright, im going to get more light sometime within the next week or two, im also going to get the dynamite thing soon too.
And I decided to use these tall purple plastic cups i had laying around, stabbed some holes in the bottom, and transplanted them into em, seems like its going to work better and now i also have more space to grow.
And btw i took your advice and there already in 12/12

Alright, im going to get more light sometime within the next week or two, im also going to get the dynamite thing soon too.
And I decided to use these tall purple plastic cups i had laying around, stabbed some holes in the bottom, and transplanted them into em, seems like its going to work better and now i also have more space to grow.
And btw i took your advice and there already in 12/12

And And And, i added mylar to the walls=]

Nice! You're gonna be just fine. Just don't wait till you have deficiencies till you add the nutes. They are time release, so they may not work in time to correct a deficiency. The sooner you add them the better.

thanks guys
except one tradgedy
one plant didnt make the transplant, the root got stuck in the soil because it was wet and the root was in a very odd shape.
But, the other two made it fine, and they were the taller healthier looking ones anyway, and i still have the old pot of soil under my basements single cfl light just to see if anymore seedlings pop.

Anywhom, i was wondering if theres anyway to rig a charger or something to power light bulbs, i know you can do something like this with pc fans, and i was wondering if you can do it with bulbs too.

Back
Top Bottom