If an auto plant pollinated by non auto hermed female will seeds be auto?

Floki88

Hello all, question for you? I have a few female photoperiod plants going I noticed the other day one has hermed. Idk why it's my first germ as as many other plants as I've grown I r never had this happen. But a female photoperiod hermed and is growing pollen sacs along with buds. I have in a different tent and autoflower feminized that is just starting to spit out pistils.. so my question is.. if I take pollen from hermed female and supply it to the female autoflower if seeds will be regular or if they will be auto flower? I'd like more auto seeds but if they won't be then I'll not pollinate my auto. Any suggestion helps

I believe the plants will be fast flowering. What I've read says the plant needs two copies of the autoflowering gene to actually auto. There are a lot of fast flowering strains that are f1 crosses of a photoperiod plant and an auto for sale now.

The auto trait is recessive. As mentioned above half autos are termed fast flowering.

I have bred half autos and they are more sensitive to light schedule changes. My outdoor half autos started flowering mid July. It's a great way to stagger a harvest.

In general, no, they won't be autos. On the other hand, unless the production of staminate flowers was entirely due to stress, they may well be hermaphrodites, lol.

The gene that determines flowering type is recessive. The auto plant will (have to) have a pair of them. Therefore, expect all of the progeny from that breeding to be photoperiodic plants - but they'll have one of each genre. If you inbred the second generation, you'll see a mixture in the following (third) generation: 25% autoflower, 25% photoperiodic with no recessive autoflower genre, and 50% photoperiodic but (each) having one. Note that in practice, the more seeds you produce and grow out, the closer you'll come to those percentages.

The only exception would be if - somehow - the non-auto plant in your garden is, itself, the result of an auto/photo cross as described above, in which case the same rules would apply (you would have just entered the picture at the second generation instead of the first).

Back
Top Bottom