If god is out there

maryjane89

:hmmmm: if there is a god, why does he allow us to suffer so. the only thing in life i have to look forward to is the occasional joint i can buy or the bud i share with friends. why is there nothign more to live for. why is there so much pain and suffering in the world if GOD all mighty is supposed to care for us. that stupid bitch eve fucked it all up for us. if she had fuckin done what she was told then we would not be in this mess taht we live in. we would be living the life of kings in a manson built with cannabis. our bongs would be made of gold and our joints rolled in the finest of pappers. life would be worth getting out of bed for. :bong:
its hard to get out of bed and go on living daily life when you know something is goingn to fuck up your buzz. someone hurts you or you hurt someone else. no matter what you do you always get fucked, and not necessarily in a good way haheehehehe. anyway. everyone needs a fuckin break every once in a while. i guess tahts why weed was put on this earth so eveyone can just chill the fuck out for a minute. thats the problem if every one would just sit the fuck down and smoke a goddamn joint once in a while. the world would be a much better place. am i right. well probably not, im jsut a stoner from the middle of nowehre. all i know is if this whole creation thing is correct, im fucked and im going to spend the rest of eternity in the pits of hell because i believe in doing what feels right at that particular moment in time, whether "god" thinks it is right i dont know.
well this is my philosopyh on life i would like to know what you all think.
peace out, and happy tokin
:allgood:

if a god enitity were to interfere with our lives we might as well be little puppets.. which wouldnt be what god wants.
he wants free-willed individuals... in order to have compatriots that is pretty much mandatory.

furthermore god likely experiences all conscienceness as it happens,
so in a world of our own making he/she/it is doomed to suffer with everyone at once.

on the bright side were free and capable of changing things for the better, if only the will were present.

An omnicient being must be supremely objective, and to be such, must have effectively no point of view; a view from Nowhere. If it occupied any point of existence, even an intangible one, it would have biast and opinion, thereby forfeiting omnicience, which would nagete the supposed omnipotence and omnipresence. As thus, to have such power, God would have to not exist.

Though, if God does somehow in fact exist (even if only by our doubting the concept), it would still need to fulfill the prerequisites of truly objective view by having no preference, biast, or opinion of any kind....

What that means:

If God is truly supreme...
Then God must be supremely indifferent.

if a god enitity were to interfere with our lives we might as well be little puppets.. which wouldnt be what god wants.
he wants free-willed individuals... in order to have compatriots that is pretty much mandatory.

furthermore god likely experiences all conscienceness as it happens,
so in a world of our own making he/she/it is doomed to suffer with everyone at once.

on the bright side were free and capable of changing things for the better, if only the will were present.

when i see the word god i assume we are talking about bible god.

if god wants free will it has a funny way of expressing itself. i want you to have free will and if you do and don't make the choices i want then you will be severly disiplined if not punished eternally. if thats free will then i'm with satan, except that satan doesn't exist either.

oh... yeah, im kinda the opposite i guess because i assume it means a non-biblical god. :D
bible-god is not even worthy of discussion lol

this is because christianity is specifically designed to control large amounts of humans with an iron grip... it makes no contribution towards "real spirituality" so to speak.

there are a few exceptions.. but for the most part it needs to be trashed.

this also hold towards muslims and jews i see little difference between the 3.
(they just have different window dressing and incorrectly claim to be different)

at least thats my opinion for many reasons... including the one which you stated :D

im just speaking of the paganistic, sacred geometry, unified field type of god lol. the one that has no denomination it just is...

In 1977, as I lay in my dark, lightless 5'x5'x5' cell in Sagmalicar prison in Istanbul, I asked if there was a God out there. I asked that same question every day for 4 long months. I called for my Mum too.
Those nights I spent in the dark, drenched in fear and clinging to sanity, there was no God for me. There was no "Mum" to come to me and hold me, cleaning away the blood and grime. Telling me it would all be okay.
No, God did not come for me. In fact, no-one came for me.
So, don't go telling me there is a God. It was the realisation that there was "no God", that made me angry...angry enough to want to survive. And survive I did.
We as humans are amazing creatures, and we have an endless will to survive. The more we believe in our own abilities and inate talents, the happier and better off we will be. We don't need a God. We have ourselves.
As for any God merchants out there, if you've endured what I have and then want to debate me on God, feel free to. If you are one of life's "soft cocks", then go preach in someone else's ear.

heya moose
not sure who you mean... but i wouldnt just tell anyone that.
(wether there is or isnt a god, or many gods for that matter)

just saying that since it was asked, my own observation of the world lead me to believe certain things. =)

and personally i dont really close the door on any possibilities if there are unanswered questions.
one of those are..
"there is no life after death, theres nothing but blackness and nothing. and humankind have no souls"
which is what athiests believe.

its still a possibility.. but extremely low on my own list due to what i feel is very strong physical evidence pointing the opposite.

Hey mate, how goes it. I have deep feelings on this issue and very rarely, if ever, espouse them.
The issue of God and religion is very interesting. While I have my own opinion borne out of my own experiences, I am totally open minded to the debate. I think everyone should voice an opinion one way or another, and whether I agree or not is unimportant. What is important is the freedom to believe and the freedom to express one's opinion.
You are on the right track when you say you are open-minded. You may not find the answers to the questions you pose, but an open mind is the best way to find personal solace.
What works for me is the concept of a "higher power". Now, that may turn out to be God, or it may not. Only time and my life experiences can answer that one. And not believing in God does not mean there is nothing after death. That question will only be answered when my time comes.

She was around long before the bible god. : )

But Maryjane89, we all have our suffering because that's part of being here. It sounds like you are beginning to search for answers. The answer would be different for every single soul on the planet. But don't look to religion or what your parents believed in to get any real knowledge. They want you to be of one mind (their mind) They need people to be sheep and most people need to herd together and listen to someone tell them what's what, not really thinking or, more important, feeling Spirit. Sometimes religion can arouse emotions in numbed souls and make them think it's jesus or something. It's perfectly fine to not believe in any "god" and it's just as fine to conceptualize one if you want. I wish you well on your trip. In an ideal world, you (and all of us) could skip down to the neighborhood dispensary and get just the right Herb for feeling so down and maybe even one that gives us the meaning of life. You're certainly in the right place here at 420 among kindred spirits. This site always lifts my spirits.
P.S. Once long ago, deep in my misery and wondering WTF is it all about, I began my search by reading books. One would lead to the next and so on through the years. All I can say is Life keeps getting funner and funner.

Moose, your first post was great. I haven't agreed with anything so much in a while.

smokin.moose said:
It was the realisation that there was "no God", that made me angry...angry enough to want to survive. And survive I did.
We as humans are amazing creatures, and we have an endless will to survive. The more we believe in our own abilities and inate talents, the happier and better off we will be. We don't need a God. We have ourselves.

Well said, sir, well said.

Janja - You can be an atheist and believe in something other than the boring eternal blackness. Reincarnation, or something along those lines, for example. Athiests just don't believe in any "Gods" as entities. Theres still a whole world of possibilities out there.

The book called "The Celestine Prophecy", by James Redfield, deals with life energy...it gives a fascinating insight into altered consciousness. It is a great read. In many ways reading that book was an epiphany for me

me too. . . even with its christian tones. . it really woke something in me. . . it is a good read. . . recently I saw they made it into a movie. . . haven't seen it yet though. . .:peace:

....You can be an atheist and believe in something other than the boring eternal blackness. Reincarnation, or something along those lines, for example. Athiests just don't believe in any "Gods" as entities. Theres still a whole world of possibilities out there.
yep, thats like me. i'm an athiest but i believe that 'stuff' exists. we could be somethings experiment. its the big guy looking down taking notes etc. that i don't believe in. but i've seen too much, been through too much to say that what we see is all we get.

The Way of Yo
The World's First Open Source Religion
Yoism

I'm fuckin crazy not stupid, you could get outta that cell God knew that, I've called out to God with my mind as I layed in a hospital bed completely paralyzed and clinging to life. There is a God who, what, where, and how God opperates is not for us to say. But anyway marijuana is Gods medicine to mankind, but were just to fucking stupid to realize it.
Why would God let them put a wet bag over my head until I passed out? Why would God let them beat me with fists, gunstocks and clubs? Why would God let them put wet sponges and electrodes on my testicles (I still have the burn scars to remind me!)? Why would God leave me in the dark for 4 months?
Mate, the moment I was arrested and placed in a Turkish Prison, I became a non-person. I was totally at the mercy of my captors, in that I was denied access to my embassy and the outside world. There were no laws. My captors did with me as they felt, and it was only the payment of $700 that got me out, and even that was not my doing. God played no role in this. This was in 1977 if you don't know.
Now I appreciate that you have a deep belief in God, and that he came for you while you were laying paralysed. At the same time, you have to accept that for me, God did not come. No God, in my opinion, would have allowed the depravity that was done to my body and my soul.
I truly hope your God works for you, and wish you well on your journey.

Back
Top Bottom