If i pollinate lowryder #2 with lowryder #2 will the seeds produced be autoflowering?

shawbonator

hello, im new here so im sorry if this is in the wrong place.

just wondering if i use a male lowryder #2 to pollinate a lowryder #2 female will the offspring be autoflowering seeds? or would i have to then grow on some of the seeds and breed them with lowryder #2 male again? sorry about this nubish question im a beginner.

thanks,
shaw.

Re: If i pollinate lowryder #2 with lowryder #2 will the seeds produced be autoflower

That's a very advanced question. I think the overall answer is it depends on the quality of your genetics. Specifically, Lowryder #2 is one of the oldest and most stable auto flower strains out there. Breeding two stable genetics should produce a stable child. From my understanding, breeding abnormalities appear when crossing separate strains, and the whole point of cross breeding is to preserve the plants with desirable traits and continue to breed them through that same genetic line until a homogenous stabilized strain emerges, while killing off (or harvesting the ladies sensimilla for their buds) to remove the undesirable traits from the gene pool.

I believe this is the reason a lot of growers are Leary of new seeds companies, as they are more likely to have unstable genetics. Unstable genetics lead to undesirable traits. This is also the reason some of the early auto flower strains (including the original Lowryder) were so poorly received. Genetics were unstable and they either didn't auto flower and needed 12/12 to bud, or they auto flowered but we're too heavy on ruderalis and carried little THC.

Re: If i pollinate lowryder #2 with lowryder #2 will the seeds produced be autoflower

hi, sorry about the late reply. thankyou for your speedy response too! i will take note of all that information. and if im not mistaken i will have a high chance that the offspring will be auto-flowering if i breed lowryder #2 male and lowryder #2 female together so i am going to go ahead and breed them. hopefully i get a high amount of auto-flowering seeds. Could you possibly advise me of a good seed company which deal with lowryder #2 as iv heard bad reviews of the one i purchased mine from.

thanks,

shaw.

I only use Herbie's. Good prices, reliable delivery, great selection, great service. They're a merchant you can trust.

Lowryder and Lowryder 2, were famous strains in their time, from 3 great houses I know of, there may be more: BC Bud?, Joint Doctor and Bulk Seeds all did the famous Lowryder strain from the infamous Santa Maria strain then crossed with an unknown Brazilian Sativa = your lowryder then crossed again with itself to get this number '2'.
Indeed your seeds will be autoflowering, just stay sharp, as it 'may be' your seeds will show some instability, if not this time around then most likely at F2, which is normal

Back
Top Bottom