If under 12/12 from beginning... when would flower begin

xblackdogx

I know a plant has to mature to start the flowering stage, at what week will the true flowering begin? would day 30 from birth be like 15 day in flower?

thanks for any help i can get on this

A lot of discussion has happened in regard to this topic.

IMO you should wait for sexual "maturity" before you switch to 12/12 light cycle for flowering. Sexual maturity is when the nodes start to alternate instead of being straight across from each other. From that point you can expect flowering to begin and show real signs of it within a week or two. And based on strain have mature flowers in 60 days or so.

Some folks start into flowering when the plant gets to 4-5 nodes tall and have much success. But it will take longer to get ripe flowers.

I know the prime conditions of when a plant should be flowered,

but 12/12 from the start was what i adopted. so, given that: anyone know approximately when a plant considers itself mature? (in days/weeks)

xblackdogx said:
I know the prime conditions of when a plant should be flowered,

but 12/12 from the start was what i adopted. so, given that: anyone know approximately when a plant considers itself mature? (in days/weeks)

the days/weeks can only be predicted with certain types of plants... its genetic.. it depends on when the plant reaches maturity... some plants mature faster than others thus making it unable to tell unless you know what kind youre growing and know the genetics of the plant

In my experience if a plant is started right into 12/12 under HPS lighting from seed males will show sex (flower) in 14-18 days from germination.. Females show right around 21 days from germination and begin the flowering stretch at that time.

I started several dozen plants this year right into 12/12 from seed all with the same results... strain didn't seem to matter, but type of lighting does..

Those started directly under HID showed sex a few days faster than those started directly into 12/12 under flouros...

Peace
MC

madamecrash said:
In my experience if a plant is started right into 12/12 under HPS lighting from seed males will show sex (flower) in 14-18 days from germination.. Females show right around 21 days from germination and begin the flowering stretch at that time.

I started several dozen plants this year right into 12/12 from seed all with the same results... strain didn't seem to matter, but type of lighting does..

Those started directly under HID showed sex a few days faster than those started directly into 12/12 under flouros...

Peace
MC

Okay, thanks alot! I figured it would be 2-3 weeks for it to mature, especially given the lights used (CFL)...
they were a little immature b/c of lack
of light, but i added more lights and hopefully
i get a decent yield

btw, how big did your plants get?

only 8"-10" tall.. but it also depends on what size pots you start them in. Mine were started into 12/12 in 8 oz paper drink cups and left in them waaaaay too long.... lol....

If started in 1-3 gallon sized pots they will stretch a lot more.. but how much depends on the strain. We gave a friend a sativa plant at 6" tall started into 12/12 from seed. He put it into a 3 gallon container and by the time it stopped growing up it was almost 5 feet tall.

Hope this helps....

Peace
MC

Back
Top Bottom