If you grow with organic nutrients in soil do you use regular pH down?

The123321

I am growing in soil with biotabs organic dry amendments in the soil. My tap water is often high like 8 so I ph it down to 6 - 7. I have read that regular ph down may make problems for the beneficial microbes in the soil. What do you think of that for it?

I have read that many people using organics in soil do not ph but with it being that high I figured I would at least get it to the right range. Do you think the regular ph down is ok to use? I have ascorbic acid vitamin c powder that I use to remove chlorine or chloramine in the tap water and that does lower the ph some but I do not want to use a lot of it to keep the ph down as the ph also drifts up in the reservoir on there. What do you recommend for it on there?

I am growing in soil with biotabs organic dry amendments in the soil. My tap water is often high like 8 so I ph it down to 6 - 7. I have read that regular ph down may make problems for the beneficial microbes in the soil. What do you think of that for it?

I have read that many people using organics in soil do not ph but with it being that high I figured I would at least get it to the right range. Do you think the regular ph down is ok to use? I have ascorbic acid vitamin c powder that I use to remove chlorine or chloramine in the tap water and that does lower the ph some but I do not want to use a lot of it to keep the ph down as the ph also drifts up in the reservoir on there. What do you recommend for it on there?
Hey Gromie ... happy sunday I love this question and I've thought this myself...

If and when using an organic super soil keeping those healthy lil microbes going is the main reason for the beauty of Organic growing feed the soil "microbes" feed the plants... after all were
"teaming with mocrobes"
In this case using the FINEST cleanest water is key using tap water in most cases is water that has been treated with bleach and chemicals from the city to make it safe for humans. These cleaning agents destroy the microbes very easily.. however if you use a finely filtered water ie. Distilled, reverse osmosis, or filtered with a simple carbon tube like the one offered at boogie brew, you will have much better chance to give those little microbial guys a good go at your soil. Now PH is the term for acidity . If acidity is still high after using a filter or running reverse osmosis using a ph down to balance out the ph wouldn't be harmful. As long as your acidity "PH" is between 5 and 7 it wont hurt your microbial life... ph is ph sooo it should be fine however chlorine in water will kill the microbes and as will liquid nutrients that are petrol based and non organic..

When I first started about 5 yrs ago someone told me ph in soil is useless because the soil will buffer it to where it needs it. I've never ever checked ph in my life and never ever have gotten one yellow leaf. NEVER, I've also have never had any problems I can think of. Not even a bug has chewed my leaves lol. Idk if it's TRUE or not but its served me well to just water,feed and walk away!

When I first started about 5 yrs ago someone told me ph in soil is useless because the soil will buffer it to where it needs it. I've never ever checked ph in my life and never ever have gotten one yellow leaf. NEVER, I've also have never had any problems I can think of. Not even a bug has chewed my leaves lol. Idk if it's TRUE or not but its served me well to just water,feed and walk away!
Hey again yeah I feel ya I've done the same outside before our city changed its water treatment it was well balanced ...
now water comes out around 8.5 to 9 it's very high for ph I prefer it to be at 6.5 to 7 in between is good however yeah with R/O water it's usually balanced out at 6.8 to 7 anyway soo win win gotta love it .... all in all it's up to the grower and how the plants react just gotta talk to those lol ladies and say hey how do you feel today and show her some VITAMINE L "love" were all happy. Happy gardening and happy harvest to all

Back
Top Bottom