If you had indoor space at 4x4x8 feet & about $800 to spend

Always goods to know what to look out for.

should note : sometimes a swapped component may not be lesser than the spec, a number of times it can be equal, but it's never better.

the other thing to be mindful of is mars is a massive mfgr, they source components from several suppliers. with supply line constraints and budget pressures, they will turn to other solutions to fulfill orders like many other mfgrs would.

it's worth mentioning that the best thing mars does is provide competition at a price point. they aren't trying to be the best at all or anything, just the largest. their business model is to dominate the market at any cost under any means.

specifically : better components, and build quality. more consistent adhering to their own advertised specs would also go a long way. you can order two identical lights and they will show up with different components and emitters.

They've changed their bar lights three times now.
And although it still performs to expectations or better, it's different.
I think companies should avoid reiteration like that, especially as a product gains a reputation.
You could compare it to how changing the coke formula nearly killed coca cola.
I feel like it would be a lot better to brand things as V1, V2, V3... for them and their customers.
That's not a jab at them though, I still love my lights.

They've changed their bar lights three times now.
And although it still performs to expectations or better, it's different.
I think companies should avoid reiteration like that, especially as a product gains a reputation.
You could compare it to how changing the coke formula nearly killed coca cola.
I feel like it would be a lot better to brand things as V1, V2, V3... for them and their customers.
That's not a jab at them though, I still love my lights.

they're primarily a budget company set to dominate as business model. it's not about long term performance or quality. more like slam as much as fast out as possible.

they need you to keep buying back in to the new models, so the old ones can't last very long to make it happen.

edit : choose any of their lines and buy it when it is newly introduced. those are always their best lights. they will be quality and perform over time. past that, you roll the dice.

Is 8 ounces doable with autos in this space?
Check with your seed seller.

Some seed sellers quote yield. The useless ones, for me, are the sellers that quote the yield per plant because "plant" is not a unit of measure. Much more useful are the sites that provide yield info in estimated yield in grams per square meter. It's implicit in their yield values that the UM is per square meter of canopy.

Typical yield estimates range from 400 to 550 gm/m2. I don't think I've seen an auto at 600 gm/m2.

As best I can tell, "grow time" should be completely disregarded. I've read some journals where drop to chop is in the 10 week range but those seem to be the exception.

I'd be looking at the @Mars Hydro 4x4 kit @VetSmoke85 linked. I don't have room for a 4x4 but have thei Mars 39"x39", a FC4800, Mars inline fan and filter. Recently pulled 32oz (dried) off of 4 autos. That's close to 900g per sq meter. A 50% increase over breeder specs for the strains grown. The follow up crop is looking solid too. Grown in Pro-Mix with my own fertilizer blend.

The @Mars Hydro setup

@Expert Seedbank Tropicana Cookies Purple Auto

@Expert Seedbank Bruce Banner Auto

Day 40 @Expert Seedbank Blueberry Glue Auto in the the @Mars Hydro showplace
Loved this post! Thank you! Thats a pretty damn good recommendation.

SO much granular knowledge to let soak in.

What Im picking up is to buy the newest lights from Mars if I go that way. That Vivosun is maybe a little more consistant but slightly pricier for similar lights??? Is that the gist?

What would you build out?
Tent
Lights
pots
#of plants (auto or photo)
Filter
etc etc.

Im trying to put together a room for autumn-spring and Im finding it ridiculously hard to figure out what I want to do versus maybe what I should do?

Just need a bunch of advice on this because I need it to really pay off.
Is 8 ounces doable with autos in this space?
I would get a black out tent to fit that space u. Can get the whole setup lights.,exhaust fan and filter for under 800$ off eBay or amazon .auto flowers are much faster producer's them photos they don't.yeild as much as photos do.but.can.harvist autos .in.less then half the time.it takes for.photos to.produce .its all up.to the grower on autos or photos

Back
Top Bottom