If you have been to Amsterdam, I need Your Help!

Bob4Prez

Me and my friend have been saving up money for the last 3 to 4 years. You'd think think we would have all of our research already done but we dont.

I want to have the ultramate pot head experience for the 5 days i plan on staying.

I would love to hear some stories of peoples trip to amstadam: How Was The Hotel, How did you find the packages online or a travel agent. How much is 1 euro compared the one u.s. dollar.

I Plan on going at maybe the beginning of Feb.

Re: If you have been to amstadam, I need Your Help!!

i went 4 30 days when i was 19 but i was aready in euroupe and that was 22 years ago. but just like anywhere else be carfull of the people you meet and the places you go it is a totaly differant worold there and the play buy diferant rules. remember you are the outsider wich puts you at a disadvantage.

Re: If you have been to amstadam, I need Your Help!

i was there in the summer, and had an awsome time! I will get the easy question out of the way first, a Euro is worth about 1.3 US dollars.

For the hotel, i stayed at the Movenpick which is a lovely new hotel on the water, about a 10 minute walk from Central Station. It is kinda pricey, but got a real good deal for the time of year i went, and was definately worth it.

So general things that I think would be handy to know, amsterdam is small, i walked pretty much the whole place in one day, my feet hurt, but you wont need to hire a car or get a cab or anything. Everyone speaks English! In fact, everyone seems to be able to speak several languages, leaving you feeling a little inadiquate lol.

Stay away from touristy coffee shops, alot of them will have 2 gram minimum purchases and 1 drink per person rules, and then over charge the drinks. Coffee shops are everywhere! So dont be afraid to leave if you dont like a place. Any coffee shops in the red light district should be avoided as a general rule. My favorite place to go was the Green House coffee shop on Haarlemmer Straat. Ton of good places here, Barneys is on the same street.

Here is a great map to reference

You cannot smoke tobacco inside a coffee shop. Not even in a joint. You can be fined for this. Most places provide a herbal mix substitute. I found most places sold only king size papers, so if you want smaller, bring them with you.

Some of the buildings are incredible, get high as fuck and wander around! Just be sure to take a map lol. Any historical area, Dam square, Fredericks Plein, Centraal station, etc. should at least be walked by.

Common courtesy says, dont bring weed you brought some where else to smoke in a different coffee shop. Buy small amounts at a time and try a bunch of different strains! Where else are you gonna be able to try this many different types of weed? Take advantage of it!

Have a great time! Hit me up with any questions you have.

:cheer:

You cannot smoke tobacco inside a coffee shop. Not even in a joint. You can be fined for this. Most places provide a herbal mix substitute. I found most places sold only king size papers, so if you want smaller, bring them with you.

Common courtesy says, dont bring weed you brought some where else to smoke in a different coffee shop. Buy small amounts at a time and try a bunch of different strains! Where else are you gonna be able to try this many different types of weed? Take advantage of it!

well i'm from Holland and just happen to stumble by this topic
and i'd like to say
skip Amsterdam
seriously
there are loads of decent coffee shops there but also a lot of tourist traps
if you go to other cities you would have a hard time getting ripped off since all the coffee shops there cater mostly non-tourists who are too smart to get ripped off

I haven't been to amsterdam since the smoking ban, so i wouldn't know about the tabbaco smoking in coffeeshops there. but if it's true it would be about the only city in Holland where coffee shops actually enforce the smoking ban, because everywhere i go it's no biggie. (kinda stupid to outlaw smoking in a public place built solely for the purpose of smoking)

i've also never had any problems smoking weed bought in a different coffeeshop.
though some shops do indeed have the mandatory drink policy.
so if you just come in buy a drink and go smoke out no1 will probably bother you

ow and the law says you can't buy more than 5 grams at a time so just stick to that and you'll be cool (you'll probably wanna try out loads of stuff so you probably won't be buying large amounts)

ow and in case your interested in the harder stuff.
it's easily available trough the illigal circuit (you can just ask around if you have the balls, but don't do it in coffeeshops since they're trying real hard to be legit) and cops don't really mind if you're carrying small amounts for personal use.

ow and why would you want smaller papers
you're in holland make the most of it :p

Haven't been to Amsterdam but this is an interesting documentary of a guy trying out different coffee shops in Holland.

I believe there are places that rent bicycles.

Back
Top Bottom