If you have posted issues/problems with no response, use my thread and I will assist!

First Grow Obstacles Need Advice

Hey I need some help,

First time grow from unknown seed strain.
Germinated in water for a day and then in a paper towel.
Transferred to dirt from outside in a small pot not store bought dirt.They were growing there until second real leaves started to show.
Once both sprouted transplanted into two 16 ounce styrofoam coffee cups.
Using LED and Fluorescent lights.
Having an issue with fungus gnats.
Also there has been an issue with white ish grey mildew/mold on both that you can see on the soil of the healthier plant.
^(The mold has not been as much of an issue now that I have a fan blowing through the enclosure and since I have been letting the soil all dry out)
One of my plants is doing really well but the other looks all wilted and yellowing with brown spots (pictures below)
I haven't been watering the last 4 or 5 days and the soil is pretty dried out at the top. I watered with diluted peroxide solution last time I watered and am planning on doing so in a day or so when I also am planning on transplanting to larger pots.
As far as nutes go its miracle grow soil I believe and I also put a miracle grow nutrient spike in each. I have more miracle grow tomato food that i can use I just am waiting until the transplant to introduce any and I was going to use peroxide too with the next watering/ after the transplant.

Can I get some advice on how I should best do the transplant for both, do i wet the soil first? what size pots to use? do I put nutrients in the new soil? Also, how to handle the sick plant, the fungus gnats, mold, and even the plant that is doing well for that matter (First time growing and really have no idea what i am doing).

Re: If you have posted issues/problems with no response, use my thread and I will ass

image_247.jpeg
image164.jpeg

Re: If you have posted issues/problems with no response, use my thread and I will ass

Soil: Black Gold
Humidity: I can't tell the difference from my room and my grow box
AVG Temp: 83F
Water: Tap
Pasts: None
Strain: Unknown
Germination Procedure: Paper Towel Method
If they don't make it that's fine with me because I have more then 15 seeds however I want these plants to make it. I also want to prevent this from happening again for my next attempt.

:goodluck: How To Germinate Seeds

Hello I have three plants in osmacote premium potting mix, using tap water and liquid blood and bone. they are under f24t5 10000x lights. They look great (see pics) i have just noticed one leaf looked like it had been cut through so i trimmed it but the next leaf has also what looks like a cut and a line of tiny holes and other holes. Any help as to what this is would be much appreciated.
wbs676.jpg

2m42lfm.jpg

Hi mickcouric,

Your plant looks like it has been nibbled by a tiny insect. Nothing to worry about.

I have uploaded your images, for future reference, please check out this link - Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

:Namaste:

Please help, I have a plant in a 5 gal pot and its infested with ants. I don't want to use chemicals.

Hi 2high2know, have you checked for aphids?

Ants do not really eat plants, they herd aphids and suck their juice, which comes from the infested plants.

I recommend putting marigolds in your grow area to get rid of any aphids and the ants may leave of their own accord.

If not, food grade diatomaceous earth is effective against most ants.

Hey I need some help,

First time grow from unknown seed strain.
Germinated in water for a day and then in a paper towel.
Transferred to dirt from outside in a small pot not store bought dirt.They were growing there until second real leaves started to show.
Once both sprouted transplanted into two 16 ounce styrofoam coffee cups.
Using LED and Fluorescent lights.
Having an issue with fungus gnats.
Also there has been an issue with white ish grey mildew/mold on both that you can see on the soil of the healthier plant.
^(The mold has not been as much of an issue now that I have a fan blowing through the enclosure and since I have been letting the soil all dry out)
One of my plants is doing really well but the other looks all wilted and yellowing with brown spots (pictures below)
I haven't been watering the last 4 or 5 days and the soil is pretty dried out at the top. I watered with diluted peroxide solution last time I watered and am planning on doing so in a day or so when I also am planning on transplanting to larger pots.
As far as nutes go its miracle grow soil I believe and I also put a miracle grow nutrient spike in each. I have more miracle grow tomato food that i can use I just am waiting until the transplant to introduce any and I was going to use peroxide too with the next watering/ after the transplant.

Can I get some advice on how I should best do the transplant for both, do i wet the soil first? what size pots to use? do I put nutrients in the new soil? Also, how to handle the sick plant, the fungus gnats, mold, and even the plant that is doing well for that matter (First time growing and really have no idea what i am doing).

Hi sbterd, please stop using miracle grow and transplant them to fresh potting soil. Then use water until they are bigger and start a grow journal.

:Namaste:

Thanks Ricorico and anyone else who has or continues to help with my first grow. I really am a completely inexperienced grower and any and all help is sincerely appreciated.
I have updates from both plants and my next post will be in the grow diary section I just have one last group of questions. Anyone who reads this and can help please do!

I am going to move both of these plants out of miracle grow soil today and I am looking for advice on how to go about it. They both have root systems in the miracle grow soil but how do i get them out and into new soil? also how much perlite should I add to the new organic soil? Also last question, I have heard that putting down a 1/4 inch layer of sand on top of the soil can help keep gnats from laying eggs in the soil because it dries more quickly. Is this a good idea or is there a better medium to lay on top of soil for the same effect??? Thanks SO much to anyone who responds! REALLY appreciated.

(Also, I pinched off the clover leaves and dead yellow leaves on the sick plant.)

Healthy plant 3 days ago:
image164.jpeg

Healthy plant today:
photo_2484.JPG

Sick plant 3 days ago:
image_247.jpeg

Sick plant today:
photo_1552.JPG

THANKS SO MUCH

Hello,

Was just looking for some advice.

She's about 1 month old and the leaves have started to yellow, curl up, and fall off from the bottom up. But as of this morning the leaves closer to the top are starting to yellow as well.

Strain:
Jack Herer

Light:
24 hrs/day. Compact florescent bulbs

Soil:
Was in Miracle Grow soil for a week but I thought it was too hot for it, it's been in Fox Farm Ocean Forest (extra added perlite) for 2 weeks now.

Water:
Have been using tap, just started this week switching to distilled.

Nutes:
No nutrients yet except what Fox Farm already has in it.

I did top the plant early to make 2 stems. I'ma novice though.

Any advice would be appreciated!

photo_4315.JPG
photo_3398.JPG
photo_2485.JPG
photo_1553.JPG

Northern lights seedling yellowing, withering bottom up
She's yellowing from the bottom up and and the bottom leaves are just drying up, I've gave her no nutes and I just started feeding her with ph water 2 days ago.
image15476.jpg
image15477.jpg
image15478.jpg
image15479.jpg
image15480.jpg

What strain is it? Northern Lights
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? It's been 22
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? It's fox farm ocean Forrest
If soil... What size pot? Not sure
Size of light? 100 w cfl 5000k
Is it air cooled? It has 2 fans and the cab is open so another air is blowing air in
Temp of Room/cab? 80-98 but I brought it down to 85 average
RH of Room/cab? 32-55%
PH of media or res? 6.4
Any Pests ? Nope
How often are you watering? Once every 2-3 days
Type and strength of ferts used? None yet but getting fox farms nutes
Sorry The pictures are sideway just the way my iPhone uploads

Here's my journal
LoveBudnPeace's Soil Grow/Northen Lights First Timer 2014

Hi jackandjill99, her new growth looks healthy,

but she needs a bigger pot, she must be root bound and maybe growing into that peat pot.

I would repot her in fresh Fox Farm soil and keep on only giving her water for now :goodluck:

Hello,

Was just looking for some advice.

She's about 1 month old and the leaves have started to yellow, curl up, and fall off from the bottom up. But as of this morning the leaves closer to the top are starting to yellow as well.

Strain:
Jack Herer

Light:
24 hrs/day. Compact florescent bulbs

Soil:
Was in Miracle Grow soil for a week but I thought it was too hot for it, it's been in Fox Farm Ocean Forest (extra added perlite) for 2 weeks now.

Water:
Have been using tap, just started this week switching to distilled.

Nutes:
No nutrients yet except what Fox Farm already has in it.

I did top the plant early to make 2 stems. I'ma novice though.

Any advice would be appreciated!

photo_3398.JPG

Hi, LoveBudnPeace,

Your humidity is too low and your temperature is too high

85 F should be a maximum, not an average temperature.

High temps and low humidity cause a plant to drink more water and transpire more (sweat).

Nutrients do not get transpired out, this means that any nutrients present in the water will be concentrated within the plant, leading to toxic overdose, or nutrient burn.

Try to raise your humidity and lower your temperature, the new growth looks OK, only give her water for a while

:goodluck:

Northern lights seedling yellowing, withering bottom up
She's yellowing from the bottom up and and the bottom leaves are just drying up, I've gave her no nutes and I just started feeding her with ph water 2 days ago.
image15476.jpg
image15477.jpg

What strain is it? Northern Lights
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? It's been 22
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? It's fox farm ocean Forrest
If soil... What size pot? Not sure
Size of light? 100 w cfl 5000k
Is it air cooled? It has 2 fans and the cab is open so another air is blowing air in
Temp of Room/cab? 80-98 but I brought it down to 85 average
RH of Room/cab? 32-55%
PH of media or res? 6.4
Any Pests ? Nope
How often are you watering? Once every 2-3 days
Type and strength of ferts used? None yet but getting fox farms nutes
Sorry The pictures are sideway just the way my iPhone uploads

Here's my journal
LoveBudnPeace's Soil Grow/Northen Lights First Timer 2014

Hi, LoveBudnPeace,

Your humidity is too low and your temperature is too high

85 F should be a maximum, not an average temperature.

High temps and low humidity cause a plant to drink more water and transpire more (sweat).

Nutrients do not get transpired out, this means that any nutrients present in the water will be concentrated within the plant, leading to toxic overdose, or nutrient burn.

Try to raise your humidity and lower your temperature, the new growth looks OK, only give her water for a while

:goodluck:
Thanks for the reply! I got the temps down to 73 yesterday and for the humidity can I just out a bowl of water? I already have one in there so what should I do ?

My temps right now but my temps at night go a little lower and it's hot out now and it's just 79
image15535.jpg

Like this for higher humidity?
image15536.jpg

My clones are wilting idk what I did wrong I followed all the instructions on YouTube bought and did everything right I think I think ii could've possibly either watered then too much or they might be weighing down too much cause some have too many leafs and others are just crusting up and don't have much leafs like I'm supposed to right?

Hi bwilliams

:welcome: to :420:

You may not realise it, but you are posting on an old thread. You'll get more responses if you start your own thread in Frequently Asked Questions. Photographs will be useful too.

Good luck!

Is this wrong?

I've planted regular non fem Purple Widow seeds at the end of May. Southern Hemisphere. We have winter in June. Fast forward the fact that I've replanted them several times etc - they now grow outdoors. Its almost 7 weeks.

Are these buds? The plants are still very small. is this normal?

20150724_100015.jpg

20150724_100047.jpg

20150724_100035.jpg

20150724_095958.jpg

Then - I've planted two Blue Dreams Fem - think 9 July. Replanted them once. Growing outdoors.

One of the plant's leaves are bended like in 90 degrees. Secondly, notice the one leaf has just one side leaf - attached. The opposite leaf has 2 attached leaves, they are not separates like the leaves of my other plants.

First time grower.

20150724_100115circles.jpg

20150724_100115.jpg

IMG_20150724_094629211_360x640_.jpg
IMG_20150721_193310348_360x640_.jpg
IMG_20150721_194002543_360x640_.jpg

Please help. This is my first plant. This is a Exodus Kush. The soil test showed high with Alkaline. The nods at the bottom are burning up or drying up. They are turning brown and drawing up. It has not grew any in a few weeks beside a small stretch.

Maybe the grass has a disease. Root diseases are common in grasses and easily spread to herbaceous plants. Also, I wouldn't expect much growth during this stage in flower. It's going to be putting most of it's focus on bud formation from this point on. I'm not sure what you should do about the dying branches. I would cut the dead one's off and maybe apply an inoculant (beneficial bacteria and fungus) to the spot where the plant is. Hopefully just making the soil a little stronger around the plants roots would help to fight any infection, but it's not a sure thing.

Dont be shy people, I know a ton about growing Cannabis, I can help!!

Then again, im sure if you need the help bad enough you will come calling!!

Hi! I posted a thread here yesterday, and over 100 people looked at it, but not a single person responded, and I'm looking at my girls this morning, and it's clear something's killing them, more leaves are looking like the one I posted.

The thread is "A couple of questions for the pros--newbie here". Would love it if you could take a minute to respond. Thanks loads! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom