"If Your Looking For Weed"

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
A pair of freshmen at Northeastern University learned a tough lesson before classes even started this semester, when one of them allegedly leaned out the window of his dormitory and yelled something regrettable in earshot of plainclothes police officers.

"If you're looking for weed, my roommate Ferrante has some for sale," Michael R. Emery yelled, according to Jake Wark, a spokesman for the Suffolk district attorney's office.

The sales pitch, allegedly made Sunday to a fellow student shouting from a second-floor window at the Hemenway Street residence hall, landed Emery, 18, and his roommate, Matthew J. Ferrante, 18, in a lot of trouble. After their room was searched and officers allegedly found marijuana, smoking accessories and liquor, the pair was arrested, arraigned, and apparently thrown out of school.

"I can tell you that they are no longer students here at Northeastern," said Laura Shea, a school spokeswoman, who declined to comment further.

According to a statement from prosecutors, police went to the second floor of the dormitory after hearing Emery yell and found the door open. In plain view was a bottle of Grey Goose vodka, a shot glass, and a plastic baggie of marijuana, officials said. The officers knocked and identified themselves to Emery, of Haverhill, and Ferrante, of North Andover.

As they spoke to the teens, police spotted another bag of marijuana and a glass pipe, the district attorney's office said.

The officers read the students their rights and received permission to search the room, according to the release. The search yielded eight small bags of marijuana, a larger bag containing three to four ounces of marijuana, hundreds of clear plastic baggies, and a digital scale, the DA's statement said.

The officers also found a grinder, a bong, $1,045 in cash, bottles of of liquor, and a vaporizer, a device that uses heat to release marijuana's intoxicating chemicals but does not burn the plant, officials said.

Outside the window of their room, the students had rigged a pulley system that had been designed to raise and lower items from the room directly overhead. It was not immediately known how the students were using the pulley system, prosecutors said.

Emery and Ferrante were arraigned Tuesday in Roxbury District Court and charged with possession of a class D substance with intent to distribute in a school zone, possession of alcohol by a minor, and conspiracy to violate the state's drug laws. The teens were released without bail and are to return to court Oct. 24.

"It is dispiriting that these young men would take so cavalierly an education that so many young people across the state that play by the rules can't afford," Wark said.

A message left at Emery's parents' home was not returned. Reached by phone yesterday at his parents' home in North Andover, Ferrante said: "I do not want to talk about it."

News Hawk- User https://www.420magazine.com
Source: Boston.com
Author: Andrew C. Ryan
Copyright: 2007 The New York Times Company
Website: Untimely yell leads to drug charges - The Boston Globe

Despite how risky it is to just go screaming about shit like that, that's still pretty hurt. They had enough shit in that room to destroy the rest of their lives. I hope they both are eligible for probation.

A real world education, delivered fast and hard. Maybe they'll turn this into something good and become crusaders for legalization. What would that be like? Maybe too much to ask. One can hope.

really! i just didn't want to be the first one to say how stupid this kid is. people that run their mouths are the stoners worst nightmare. my friend does this and that so that makes me cool. no that makes you fool. in my day it was said "don't put your business on the street".

sounds like these kids were sheltered from reality big time before college maybe all the chemicals in the food cause de-evolution and accquired retardation...

Yeah, I would agree with the fact that THAT GUY was retarded...not only was he getting to go to school...probaly on mommy and daddies bill, but HELLO your on campus where Johnny D. Law and his gang like to patrol REGULARLY (sp)..not to mention the fact that umm you dont wanna get snitched on by the dork at the end of the hall much less put yourself on blast like that...and the other guy was probally just chillin in his room minding his own business while some moron is blabbin on......
HELLO we are in a struggle with a gov't founded on freedom from the oppresor, trying to have a smoke because we should be able to, and we got some idiot here doing this...that doesnt help now does it?

I took a year off after high school, and worked my ass off. When I went back to school, it was on my dime.

If I were his room mate, I would be so pissed... Until it's legalized, you have to be discreet!

It's guys like this that make all of us look like morons. A few stupid people ruined something good yet again!

I know stupidity isn't against the law, but having weed be illegal is stupid. So stupid should be against the law!

So speakes the Lady Pothead

The thing is, Americas policy on a class D drug is scary! Here in Finland no officer would give a shit if someone yelled something like that out. They have bigger things to worry about, which is strange because you'd think that in America the law enforcement had much more on their hands then in Finland (we only have a population of 5.3 million...)

I have a friend from Finland; She said the same thing.

And my friend from Germany said it too. The police have real things to worry about, not a bunch of people getting mellow and laughing a lot.

But the feeling in America (I think) is of paranoia. Depending on the local police were you live, the policy can range from "No one cares. You're an adult. Act like it." to "Holy Crap! That's a DRUG. We're seizing your house/car/putting you in jail for a long period of time"

It makes me want to travel...

Lady

in the u.s. its
corp greed using religion & family propaganda to blind the population
yes its a conspiracy

I agree fully w/ corporate greed, but I'm not sure how religion and family fit in? I don't see the govt. propaganda focusing on that, nor do I see churches emphasizing the drug problem. Most religions allow some sort of mind altering substance use, but most mainstream denominations expect us to follow the law of the land - which brings us back to the corporate greed affecting federal govt. agendas which try to keep a readily available (essentially "free") medicinal herb illegal.

evangelical & fundie churches are full of anti-marijuana teaching and preaching. only jesuz can save us from reefer madness. individuals have their own opinions but as for doctrine and policy they are almost all anti-marijuana. who do you think all the ones who vote marijuana reform down are? for the most part anyway :cool:

evangelical & fundie churches are full of anti-marijuana teaching and preaching. only jesuz can save us from reefer madness. individuals have their own opinions but as for doctrine and policy they are almost all anti-marijuana. who do you think all the ones who vote marijuana reform down are? for the most part anyway :cool:

Not sure, bro. I've been attending what you would call evangelical and fundamentalist churches for 15 years (maybe 7 or 8 different ones in Cali and Idaho in that time) - regularly - and have NEVER heard anyone preach that agenda. Family values - yes. Drugs or herb - no. It's just not something I'm aware of. I'm not saying most Christians aren't anti-herb, just that I don't observe the anti-MJ message coming from churches.

If users were a majority we'd elect pro-pot lawmakers. If we weren't afraid of arrest, we'd be more vocal about the truth of the benefits of MJ, and be able to convince non-users. Unfortunately, the image that most non-users have of marijuana smokers is long haired hippie freaks, or people turning on, tuning in, dropping out. Criminals is what we are. Stereotypes encouraged by Hollywood and the gov't. propaganda. Now look, you've got me on a rant! :peace:

heh - some of my best friends as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom