Ilikebike's Soil Bagseed Grow 2011

Hey bike, it could be a pH issue. Are the leaves folded like tacos? (strange analogy, I know) If so, you have a pH imbalance. That can cause lockout which will not allow the plants to absorb any nutrients, hence the color change. Do you have any way of testing the pH?

ya i have a pH tester its wicked high! im just gunna go to the supermarket and buy a bunch of jugs of water. i feel like having to mix my water in a bucket is a pain in the ass, i want to just pop off a top to a jug and pour it in there. How much water should i be using in my pots? they are pretty damn big, their is alot of soil in there. also could i pour the water in the bottom where the excess water collects? i feel like the plant would soak up the water as it needed. thanks for the help

you should get yourself some ph up and down instead of buyin a shitload of jugs of water, because who knows the ph of that water might be high, then what..i also use milk jugs to mix my stuff in and then use a medicine syringe to measure my nutes and stuff and to take out what i need out of the jug to test... and i usaully water my plants until they start to have alittle run-off, that way some of the old stuff get washed out, thats just my method and my opinion, always works for me though..

ok so i bought some ph down and got it down to just about 6.9 I mixed it up in a 5 gallon bucket like you said. it only took a small amount of ph down. stuff must be pretty strong. Also i added in some more lights, moved some things around so they can get light better. Also got a timer for the ventilation system because it can be quite noisy during the day time. the 3rd seedling that i planted sprouted right up, seems to be doing just fine. i honestly feel like my plants are stunted because of all the moving around plus the weed killer i sprayed on them. i hope im not wasting my time on these. they seem to be doing ok, just taking a while

ok so finally found my camera. get ready for pictures!

Lighting arrangement and sprouts. its been a little over 2 weeks, plus i have had some growing issues

times0437_009.jpg
times0437_0021.jpg
times0437_0011.jpg
times0437_0031.jpg
times0437_0061.jpg

times0437_0041.jpg
times0437_008.jpg
times0437_0051.jpg
times0437_007.jpg

thanks for those words of encouragement. i was gettin a little worried, seems like they are taking longer than other peoples to grow. with that 400 watt mh light on now it should help boost up the rate of growth. im thinking about doing some LST/SCroG because i have alot of horizontal room in my space and i only have 3 plants so i want be able to get the most out of them. I am going to need alot of help with that though because i am a noob grower. Also i should hold off another week or so before adding nutes to the water? thanks guys!

yea i would wait alittle bit too, that way they get alittle bit of growth and you dont burn up what you have already, and with growing time and patience is a virtue, if you dont have it , its not gonna work.. but everybodys right they are lookin fine, definitely now that you have your ph under control you will see growth before you know it.. just keep up the good growin bro!!! :tokin:

Im Back. Been gone for a while. lol. Looks like you've been doing well on this grow.

Your going to want to water on the top of the soil..not on the bottom. The soil wont pull the water up to your plant. Also..your roots are probably only a few inches long..if that. Thus, you only need to water a little bit of the soil where the sprout is. No need to water all the soil if the roots arent anywhere near. lol Seeds start off slow..they will pick up once the actual VEG starts. You are still in the seedling stage. The seedling stage takes a few weeks. I would water with 1/4 strength fertilizer around 3-4 weeks into the grow. Once you hit the end of the 4 weeks im sure your plants will begin to explode. A well watered, lit, and watched plant can grow an Inch a day in the right conditions. Your are on there way there. Most noobs want instant results and you just need to be patient and overtime you will see your progress. Just make sure they dont dry out or get soaked with water. Just keep it moist.

;)

its gettin very hot and humid in my grow space, i dont think the 2 small fans that i have installed are moving enough air. plus i cant really have them on during the day time because they are pretty loud, u can hear them from out side and its a little suspicious. they are running for 7 hours a day and i have a desk fan blowing on the plants 20 hours a day. i am thinking about installing another intake and outtake in the grow space and use bigger fans. as for the humidity i might have to use a dehumidifier but the one i have is very big not sure if its going to fit in the grow space. im going to have to figure something out. 2 of the plants are sagging alot and dont feel very strong, they tip over easily (even when i just pour a little water on them.) gunna have to fix something soon

:oops:

What temperature are you at? What humidity?

It sounds too me like they are both too high. You need to get that hot air out of there. You need a bigger intake and exhaust fan. If you cant get that hot air out of there your plants will wilt and die. First step, if you cant get more fans now, is to unplug the CFLs OR MH for now. I suggest you unplug the MH for the night to let the plants recover. Then head to the store tomorrow.

-Rek

ok well heres my plan, when i am home (Usally 12am) i am going to open up the door to the crawl space and let it air out, also i put a huge box fan in the opening to get rid of alot of the warm air. i am going to unplug a few lights, also i was thinkin about changing their light schedule to a 18/6. They are on for 20 hours right now.

i am going to put another intake/outake in to move more air around, im going to use more high powered fans to expell the hot air.

how does this sounD? ill get two of these to move air...

The Stanley Pivoting Blower Fan comes fully assembled for immediate use. This blower fan circulates up to 310 CFM to help provide a direct, high-velocity air stream for cooling, ventilating, exhausting and drying. It is ideal for indoor use around the house or on the work site.

i think everybodys havin problems with the summer, my plants are takin it hard, the temps in my cab stay between 83f to 93f and you can see it in the leaves, and the air is broke in my house at the moment and the temps rite now are at like 93f, some im kinda messed up myself right now, hope you get it squared away..

Back
Top Bottom