I'm 64

Retired years? I will be 70 by the time 2020 ends. I have been practicing being part-time retired for a couple of years now and figure I will keep practicing being part-time retired for a couple more, hopefully.

Quit smoking weed in the mid 1980s because it was getting harder to find anything good. Most of the people I knew then were quitting smoking weed so contacts became harder. When something was found it was often junk, full of seeds, not cured, poorly dried and on and on.

Started back up 2 years ago when my daughter tricked me :);) into growing a plant for her boyfriend. One thing led to another.

I have worked outdoors since I was 15. Did a couple of years at the local university and still worked outside a day or two a week except for one summer.

The general practitioner doctor recommends that I continue to work part time, Activity is good so she said, keeps the heart beating. The cardiologist says pretty much the same but don't overdo it. So, I just cut a few lawns and maybe trim some shrubs, work in a customer's garden, clean up yard debris, whatever that does not strain the heart but keeps me active for a couple of hours in the morning several days a week. It is like getting paid to walk the mile or so that I see other people my age doing and not getting paid. :)

63 in a couple of days.
48 years of cannabis use.
Alcohol was so easy to come by back then.
I was a drinking/drunk regular at 12, found weed that same year...however it was VERY hard to get.
I very quickly realized I was happy with cannabis, and miserable with alcohol, fighting all the time.
Now I found and seperate my Inner World,Outer World, I can enjoy a glass of wine, or finely made beer without the craving of MORE.
As an old welder dude, I found great peace in cannabis cultivation indoors, and about 20 years ago, started building a perpetual cycle for our needs.
I also found I really enjoy helping others build their cannabis growing skills, and how to Keep It Secret, Keep It Safe, as we live in a state without a moral compass for growers who choose to grow their own.

63 in a couple of days.
48 years of cannabis use.
Alcohol was so easy to come by back then.
I was a drinking/drunk regular at 12, found weed that same year...however it was VERY hard to get.
I very quickly realized I was happy with cannabis, and miserable with alcohol, fighting all the time.
Now I found and seperate my Inner World,Outer World, I can enjoy a glass of wine, or finely made beer without the craving of MORE.
As an old welder dude, I found great peace in cannabis cultivation indoors, and about 20 years ago, started building a perpetual cycle for our needs.
I also found I really enjoy helping others build their cannabis growing skills, and how to Keep It Secret, Keep It Safe, as we live in a state without a moral compass for growers who choose to grow their own.
I would love to pick your brain...and help you move to Oklahoma

I’m 69. And I grow and use my own. I also stopped smoking in the 1980s, but started again 10 years ago.

When I wrote the reply above I was on my iPad and therefore not able to type well - I'm almost a Luddite - so let me add something. *
The stuff we used to smoke was ditch weed, back in the 70s. I had a friend who grew her own, and she would hang the branches to dry in her pantry, suspended from the ceiling on baling twine. These were not sensimilla. These were plants with major seeds in them, and male plants they harvested. It was all ground down and placed in bags for selling. She was not a great moral genius, OK? There were also gallon jars of pills and capsules - I think there were "reds," "white crosses," and Darvon. Looking back, I think she was a dealer. LOL, You Think???? I used to buy an ounce for $25.
That would last me a month.
There is no comparison between the ditch weed and the stuff I smoke now. And, having bought good bud and smoked it, and now growing and smoking it, and recognizing that my own grow is the best I've ever smoked, I have to say it was a different experience between then, and now.

*OK, so I was stoned, too.

The stuff we used to smoke was ditch weed, back in the 70s. I had a friend who grew her own, and she would hang the branches to dry in her pantry, suspended from the ceiling on baling twine. These were not sensimilla. These were plants with major seeds in them, and male plants they harvested. It was all ground down and placed in bags for selling. She was not a great moral genius, OK?

Hey Pinktiger777,
If you think about this and the time frame, it was sort of the Dark Ages for cannabis growing, as EVERYONE was treating her like weed that she is. MANY old times, still have this mindset that you roll up the fan leaves into joints.
That was the mindset if you will back then. The legends like Acapulco Gold, Michoacan were heard of, but as scarce as cats at a dog fight.
I had smoked bricked crap for years (71-75) before I was offered something called Oaxacan Fox Tails which were doled out in brown paper grocery bags, with the tops cut to fit exactly across the bottom. Had to buy a 1/4lb. minimum.
Bricks went for $135.00 an lb.
A qp of OFT's was $65.00.....what did people want the cheapo shit!! Stupid air breathers.
I never went back to smoking that bricked shit myself, as almost on the coat tails of finding the OFT's,the red and gold Colombians started to swept our area, and my era of dabbling with bricks ended.
It was not until I saw and read cover to cover the first High Times magazine, did I start to realize, that as a world wide commodity, weed had many , many different facets to it. And I needed to know more about it.....males and females WHO KNEW!

I'm 64. Late 60s weed was junk 20 hits off the bong before I went to work. Vietnam was good weed by not nearly as good as I can grow now.

Just turned 67, retired 2 years ago. started back up full swing smoking, haven't looked back. No plans of any work other than for myself. Bunch of old farts in here.

I am 61.......started indoor growing and I'm on my 3rd run. Smoked from the age of 14 till 21.......then stopped. I am going to start smoking again in a moderate fashion.

Back
Top Bottom