I'm a little disappointed

farm420ok

Hey all,

Like the title says, I'm disappointed, rather at how low the participation is in this sub-forum. Politics, and my beliefs is kinda what spurred my interest in growing, but looking through this forum, not many participate or engage in the political discussions. That has to change. For so long people have distanced themselves from politics, and I feel thats the reason why the US is so screwed up right now. Do you all feel ok giving the government 25% or more of your income and happy with the returns you are getting? I sure don't.

Right now there is a candidate for Governor in Texas that is hell bent on changing many things, and cannibus is a priority for him. If we aren't active politically then things won't change. We really should have more discussions on the politics and laws surrounding cannibus. I really thought that was a major point of these forums. You have to be engaged and you have to vote if you expect change to happen. Hearts and minds.

With that said, I'd like to hear some ideas on what you all think would be good initiatives to start so we can live our lives the way we want without looking over our shoulder.

First off my beliefs are that the government has no business controlling a free growing plant. Lol weed. Just because you can get high from it. Say I grew a house full of mums. Every part of that plant can kill you in hours. Yet a mj plant has never hurt anyone. The government is full of old people set in there ways. And don’t look for a change. Also they are making millions of dollars a year on there Pedestalsbut working big for the federal government says you can’t smoke. So y say we can if that can’t. Also I’m against Selective Legalization if we are supposed to b a country united then why can I cross an invisible line and smoke recreationaly but as soon as I cross to the other side they wanna arreste you. I just don’t get it. Don’t they say what’s good for the gander is good for the goose. Well wtf. I believe we are all getting goosed. The only way we wil ever win is with unity. But hey also doesn’t big government owns the pharmaceutical co. Well hello If we treat Medical issues with free grown mj How do they make money and bam that’s y it’s not truly legal. And what about the government being for the people. To protect people from other people Not from your self. Hints smoky by weed it hurts no one But there pockets. Just my 2 cents

so we can live our lives the way we want without looking over our shoulder.
It's legal in Maine and thus I sleep well with a full GH. There is something to be said for choosing where you live for the reasons you want to live.

The government can-not stop this movement _total legalization, Believe that the govenment at some point make it legal - then legalization must come from each state - The "ball" is rolling and it is picking up steam (money from legal sales) Money will be the driving force behind legalization

Wha? You are saying we should keep politics out of a politics forum? Does not compute.

As far as the legal issues go; I am predicting that Trump will quietly fire Sessions sometime after the mid terms, and likely during the break between Congressional sessions (tried to avoid the pun, but couldn't).

And weed legalization will likely be a 2020 presidential campaign topic, that will help get the "hippy" vote. And if not as part of the campaign, then the administration will push for legalization after the elections, since it would be second term and nothing to lose by alienating the old school members of "The Party" (whether D or R faction) who want to keep it illegal because it keeps their own financial interests secured.

I am also predicting that ultimately, the world's first trillionaire will happen after there is much more legalization worldwide. First trillionaire will be the first Colombian drug lord to go legit and get his name and brand out there in front of the legal weed using masses worldwide. :)

It's legal in Maine and thus I sleep well with a full GH. There is something to be said for choosing where you live for the reasons you want to live.

:rofl::rofl: that statement right there is my hypocrisy.. I agree with it and fully disagree :rofl: just move to be where you can be happy....but also.... Fight in what you believe in, instead of leaching off other people's wins...

So what next in this forum? Talk about how Karl Marx had it right and Venezuela is not the way it is due to communism? F that keep politics out!

Keep politics out :rofl::rofl: hows that going?:rofl: illegal where I live. So sorry man, not untill it's legal. And even then, you'll still need lobbyists, as there will always be an opposition to it....

As far as the legal issues go; I am predicting that Trump will quietly fire Sessions sometime after the mid terms, and likely during the break between Congressional sessions (tried to avoid the pun, but couldn't).

I am hereby claiming a couple neener points for that one. In fact, it looks like that happened much sooner than expected; like the very next day after the election.

Now hopefully we get someone in there who is for decriminalization and legalization, and does not have close ties to the for profit prison industry.

I'm guessing he will go back to his old job in that hollow tree where he and his fellow Keebler Elves make their cookies.

but looking through this forum, not many participate or engage in the political discussions.
I have tried, and you never saw them ... because the mods took them down.

I do not poke at mods.
So ... here, I have no political views that I can share with you.
Wish I could. I learn best from debate and questioning - and my mind has been changed that way.

I'm sorry too.

I have tried, and you never saw them ... because the mods took them down.

I do not poke at mods.
So ... here, I have no political views that I can share with you.
Wish I could. I learn best from debate and questioning - and my mind has been changed that way.

I'm sorry too.

Wha? You are saying we should keep politics out of a politics forum? Does not compute.

And weed legalization will likely be a 2020 presidential campaign topic, that will help get the "hippy" vote. And if not as part of the campaign, then the administration will push for legalization after the elections, since it would be second term and nothing to lose by alienating the old school members of "The Party" (whether D or R faction) who want to keep it illegal because it keeps their own financial interests secured.

I am also predicting that ultimately, the world's first trillionaire will happen after there is much more legalization worldwide. First trillionaire will be the first Colombian drug lord to go legit and get his name and brand out there in front of the legal weed using masses worldwide. :)
Trump is against legal weed. Him & 3 other Republicans are what's stopping it. He will never legalize it if he has his way. The Dems on the other hand are looking to legalize it. This election I don't feel like we have a good presidential candidate. No matter who wins, We Lose Something in some way or another as they both have good & bad ideas.

So what next in this forum? Talk about how Karl Marx had it right and Venezuela is not the way it is due to communism? F that keep politics out!
Nobody is required to click on the Politics Thread. You can just skip that if you choose to. Because you don't like a politics discussion then nobody else should talk about it ? I don't think so. That sounds like Trump telling the CDC they can't speak unless they say what he wants them to say & if you do you will be fired .
I usually avoid talking politics & religion with others as you lose friends that way. But for someone to say we shouldn't discuss (Weed Politics) on a weed forum I feel is just wrong. We're a weed community who want this legal so this kind of Topic keeps us informed so we can make our next move accordingly.
Have you read the story on Rob, the Founder ? He pretty much started this forum for this very reason. To fight to get it legalized . It wasn't started to help others learn to grow. That just became another part of it. It was started for growers could unite & fight for total legalization.
That being said ... Politics does belong here.

Back
Top Bottom