I'm a new user here

PAYDAY0324

Now since I registered for this app or web I have a question how can I get extra seeds from my female or male plant so that I don't have to buy seedlings online and yes it's my first time growing marijuana

Hi, PAYDAY0324, and welcome to 420Magazine.com, the most comprehensive - and the friendliest - cannabis-awareness forum on the Internet.

I have a question how can I get extra seeds from my female or male plant so that I don't have to buy seedlings online and yes it's my first time growing marijuana

Cannabis plants generally only have flowers of one sex per plant. IOW, they are considered to be male or female. Just like with people, the female (flower) produces the "young" (seeds) - but only after being fertilized by the male (flower's pollen).

You only have the one plant growing? Hopefully, it'll be a female. Buds are made up of many matured female flowers.

Assuming you only have one plant, there are ways to cause it to grow opposite-sex flowers. A female plant that the grower has caused to produce male flowers is capable of fertilizing its own female flowers - and, thus, producing seeds.

Here are a couple threads on such things:
How To Reverse Sex Using Silver Thiosulfate Solution
How to Use Colloidal Silver to Produce Feminized Seeds

There are many more in our "growers' " sections. Perhaps others will see this thread and give you some more in-depth pointers and/or post a few more links.

I have also seen products being sold on Amazon to do this thing.

Colloidal Silver??? Hmm I'm gonna need to look into that though but I appreciate the help, thanks!! Also if it was female and I feminized it would it still be a female it wouldn't change into a male for sure but just a little curious about that lol??

If it's female, it's already err, feminized. If you cause it to start producing MALE flowers, it's then a hermaphrodite (in practical terms, at any rate).

Do be cautious in regards to what you spray on your plant in order to do this, as some of the various substances probably shouldn't be consumed (should say in the thread if the thing the thread discusses is like that, and if you purchase one of the "reversal" products it will (or at least should) state on the bottle if what gets sprayed shouldn't be eaten/smoked.

BtW, you shouldn't have to treat an entire plant - if you spray one branch and it grows a few male flowers, you will be likely to produce many seeds.

wait so your saying a female plant can grow a male stem on the female stem i thought it grows separately like male in one pot and the female in another???

wait so your saying a female plant can grow a male stem on the female stem i thought it grows separately like male in one pot and the female in another???

Err... stem? No, flower.

Here, start reading the information in the (many) threads that are linked to in this post:
How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!

Someone put a LOT of work into compiling all that information, and it's a stickied thread in the Frequently Asked Questions area for a reason.

The stuff under Breeding Strategies in the Advanced Topics section of that mega-link thread should cover your specific questions. But, again, I suggest you try to read everything. It contains a wealth of knowledge that you could otherwise spend months trying to find (if you even knew which questions to ask and/or keywords to search for).

You spray a female flower with coloidal silver and it will grow pollen sacks, then you fertilize another female flower with the female pollen you collect, this will make seeds that are all female. There's a diy coloidal silver recipe in my signature, also great for treating infections and colds.

Back
Top Bottom