I'm a starter and I really need help soon

OGslicknasty

So I ordered Purple Haze seeds. I got them the other day. I've put them into a bowl then put it in a box with a lid and stuck it in the dark. They've grown and I've stuck them in some potting soil. The potting soil I bought was Sta-Green. I've put the potting soil into some Solo cups and this is their first day. I bought some FoxFarm potting soil on Amazon and some nutrients and a big LED light w/ 300ws. I'll probably get some bug killer soon. Today I put them near the window where it'll get some sunlight. I'm not sure if I put too much water or if it wasn't enough. The seeds I got are indoor seeds. I don't know if what I'm doing is right but my questions are: Could I take out the seed with the dirt around it empty out the Sta-Green pot soil in the solo cup put in the FoxFarm soil and put the plant back in? The lights should be coming this Friday so how high or low do I have to hang the LED lights? How much sunlight and LED lights does a germinating seed need? How long? High or low temp? How much water from now and the bigger it gets? How much time should a germinating seed sit in the dark

Congrats on getting past the first hurdle and germinating your seeds. Read this: How to Ask for Grow Support

I have no idea what Sta-Green is (it doesn't sound good), but I've heard of FoxFarm. There are different varieties of it which require different things, so have a look at which kind you got. I would not re-pot anything right now, because what you do next depends a bit on what kind of seeds you bought. Are they autos?

At this stage your seedling don't need very much other than some sunlight and some (not much) water. Your LED should be at least 3 feet above your seedlings.

Completed Journals

Browse these until you find one that you can relate to (indoor grow, novice grower, well documented).

Buy a PH pen and PH Up/Down. Order that today. You will need it very soon.

Start a journal. List out your equipment, plants, every time you feed or water with dates/times. Don't think that you will remember everything, because you won't. It's much easier if you write it down. Take pics that you can refer back to. I imagine myself in court shaking my head thinking I have forensically given the prosecutor everything he needs.

If you want some help throughout your grow, the best way is to start your own journal on this site. It's safe and anonymous.

They need at least 18 hours of light depending on where you are (and what season it is) day light might not be enough.
You could transplant them but I wouldn't worry about it for now.
The led lights should come with a min/max height. For small plants keep them higher and work them down an inch or 2 each day.
Temps 16C-30C
The plant will tell you when to water, start small and water again when the dirt is dry.
A germinating seed stays in the dark untill the leaves pop out then right into your light source. 18-24 hours of light untill you want it to flower then switch to 12 hrs on 12 hrs off.

Back
Top Bottom