Im doing 12/12 with cfl's?

Your yield wont be much,their going to need more light maybe couple more cfls,You should grow them in a small box with mylar on all sides to get more light off the bulbs.

Shoot for the higest watt CFL you can find with a red spectrum. Home depot carries large wattage CFLs for cheap. message me for details if thats the route you want. If you could afford a small HPS setup, its worth it. You can flower well and effectively with CFLs however. Id shoot for 7,000 lumens/ sq. ft

and MOTAvacation is right. A good reflective side material is a must. He knows his shit.

Hey, I got a question dealing with CFLs and well and felt like putting it in this thread rather then starting a new one. I have one plant, about 4 feet and just started 12/12. I have one 150 watt HPS. During veg I had several CFL lights in the room to give the room more light. Now that I'm fowering, a friend of mine told me the CFLs are no good and the lights will just kill the plant. So, should I keep the two or three extra CFL(60 or 75 Watt) bulbs in the room, or will they even do much?

Kill the plant? Why would light youve been using kill the plant now? Im flowering with CFLs and I can tell you that they wont kill your plant. Keep them a few inches away from your plant and youll be fine. What spectrum are the CFLs, is the only question I would ask. You want a red spectrum for flowering.

Kill the plant? Why would light youve been using kill the plant now? Im flowering with CFLs and I can tell you that they wont kill your plant. Keep them a few inches away from your plant and youll be fine. What spectrum are the CFLs, is the only question I would ask. You want a red spectrum for flowering.

I don't think they are red spectrum, they are just some lamps that I grabbed from around the house.

sounds as if he is just using some random light bulb around his place. and it died. thats what usually happens :thedoubletake:

sounds as if he is just using some random light bulb around his place. and it died. thats what usually happens :thedoubletake:
I had a 150 HPS and a few lights from around the house for lower lighting, so it didn't die due to lack of light. It had to be chopped so we made due and made some hash. Would household CFL's kill the plant or even help it grow much when its in flowering? Because I didn't believe my friend when he told me it would kill the plant, still wondering.

xtortiN, I apologize bro-ham. I thought you were using some 75 watt non flourescent laying around the house :rofl: People say I'm horrible at the art of sarcasm :grinjoint: jokes :loopy: jokes , ah, I'm stoned :bongrip: At least ya got some hash :cool: I want some hash......browns. yeah hashbrowns would be awesome :cheesygrinsmiley:

xtortiN, I apologize bro-ham. I thought you were using some 75 watt non flourescent laying around the house :rofl: People say I'm horrible at the art of sarcasm :grinjoint: jokes :loopy: jokes , ah, I'm stoned :bongrip: At least ya got some hash :cool: I want some hash......browns. yeah hashbrowns would be awesome :cheesygrinsmiley:

lol, its cool man. I wish i had some hash browns too.

I actually went into the kitchen and made a couple hashbrowns for me and the wifey last night :cheesygrinsmiley: I was ripped ;)

while we're on the subject
i have a 37" (3ft 1in) grow box thing
its 36" (3ft) wide and 22" (1ft 10in) deep
i have 6 seeds from just regular bagseed (it was a good smoke though)
im thinking about getting mirrors or mylar inside
or i might just paint it white and save a few bucks
im planning on doing 12/12 right from the start but im not sure how tall the plants are gonna get
im only planning on doing 2 seeds at a time (due to limited space)
how many watts should i have here?
(im trying to do this as cheap as possible i dont need anything expensive)

so you can use CFL for flowering they just need to be the red spectrem? im just wondering id get like a 400 watt HPS and than put a couple low watt CFLS on the bottom for bottom growth, get some buds on the bottom!

Back
Top Bottom