I'm New & Old

What will gnats do to plants?
These were fungus gnats they attack the roots, caught them when I was told to run the water temp at 65 degrees, water came on and they went running up the stalk or I’d never caught them.

Well, I've screwed up. Looks like root rot on day 20 from germination. Roots are brown and tangled. I flushed with plain ph'd water and two teaspoons of Hydroguard (in five gallons of water). Now just crossing my fingers. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mistake, I meant to say 28 days after germination.

Oh no! What temperature is the water? I've saved a couple of plants that had root rot before but they were older and more mature plants. Is it ok to ask for a pick to see the damage? It might not be as bad as you think. If you can try to keep your res cool. The best way to do this is putting the system on a cold floor. The other way is to get a water chiller. Hope we can sort this :)

ProfessorFlora, thanks for weighing in! The roots look a little better this morning. My water temp is 66 degrees and it has been pretty steady from the start. Don't want to expose roots to light right now, so no pics of them. These are the plants this morning, following last nights flush.
day 1 after root rot treatment.JPG

ProfessorFlora, thanks for weighing in! The roots look a little better this morning. My water temp is 66 degrees and it has been pretty steady from the start. Don't want to expose roots to light right now, so no pics of them. These are the plants this morning, following last nights flush.
Looks good GDB I run my hydro tank temp 65-68 degrees, I don’t have a chiller in this building so 2 liters of ice are my chillers.
I wouldn’t mind at all if you wanted to check my journal out since we are both in hydro! I record every thing!
Keep up good work!

I'd like to get some nutrients back in the water. Think its okay to do at this point? I using a hydrogrow suite of nutes. I'd like to put one teaspoon of each in my tank. Usually, I put the nutes in a 5-gallon bucket and then fill with water, but I don't want to flush the entire tank again. Is it okay just too put the 3 tsps, like, in a 16 oz. glass of water and then pour that water into the tank?

I'd like to get some nutrients back in the water. Think its okay to do at this point? I using a hydrogrow suite of nutes. I'd like to put one teaspoon of each in my tank. Usually, I put the nutes in a 5-gallon bucket and then fill with water, but I don't want to flush the entire tank again. Is it okay just too put the 3 tsps, like, in a 16 oz. glass of water and then pour that water into the tank?
Glad to hear about the improvement. That should be fine :)

My first grow. My two amnesia haze autos at 32 days after germ are only about 8 inches tall. Also, there are a few leaves beginning to turn yellow. (I have read numerous posts on this site about yellow leaves, and I have taken the recommended actions.) I'm just trying to find out if these plants maybe should be a little taller! (I'm using 600 watt led in 4x4 tent with General Hydroponics nutes and Hydroguard.)
yellow leave day 32.JPG

Thanks for the feedback, West Hippie! Being a first-timer, I'm stressing all the time!

You don't want Knats. Put down some fly strips at the base of your plants. You could try a small solution of Hydrogen peroxide to water a filter feed spray but I don't know about how it will affect taste in flower. Ok in Veg

Update: my amnesia haze are now at 38 from germination. One looks a lot stronger than the other. That's because one side of my air pump failed at some point and the air stone on the right side was not bubbling. I'm guessing this lasted a few days, at least, before I discovered it. I had a lot of the leaves on the right-side plant turn yellow and that was the reason why. (Lesson learned. Don't forget to check basic operations.)
Amnesia Haze - Day 38.JPG

You don't want Knats. Put down some fly strips at the base of your plants. You could try a small solution of Hydrogen peroxide to water a filter feed spray but I don't know about how it will affect taste in flower. Ok in Veg
Angry Bird told me to put tacky rat trap yellow on the sticky paper one little one in the middle had six within an hour then a couple more later and now no more.

First-timer stress. One of the things about being a first-timer is that you're never really sure if things are progressing as they should. Can someone tell me if my plant looks okay?
Specs:
Plant: Amnesia Haze autoflower
Method: Hydro grow
Nutes: FloraMicro, FloraGrow, FloraBloom, Calimagic and Hydroguard
PH: 6.5
Water temp: 71F
Humidity: 50%

Thanks for your help!

Amnesia Haze - Day 55 (2).JPG

West Hippie, I am running lights 18 hours per day. When you say "behind" what does that mean? They are too small? Not enough budding? Can they recover from being "behind"? Thanx

Look a little behind, are you running your lights 18-20 hours?

West Hippie, I am running lights 18 hours per day. When you say "behind" what does that mean? They are too small? Not enough budding? Can they recover from being "behind"? Thanx

Normally I see autos with pretty good buds by now , there growing just what I see in here . Have you checked out Dutchman1990 autos one that’s done and one that’s in progress!
You’ll have a lot longer , let me see if I can get @Dutchman1990 to reply awesome grow!

Back
Top Bottom