im so stupid please help

zxcvbnm

I am in the 2nd week of flower and switched from cfls to 400w about a week ago. But it took me a week to realize why my girl was streched out so bad. I use a conversion buld hps lamp that converts into a mh and i guess i left my mh bulb in there. 12/12 is good but its been budding for the past week under 6000k and streched real bad. I dont want to raise the light up too much because im blessed with low temp and the hps is pretty close making the top buds real nice but I am worried that the bottom will be skimp.

Should I cut the top off to get better over all coverage to drop the light down or stick it put?

I am in the 2nd week of flower and switched from cfls to 400w about a week ago. But it took me a week to realize why my girl was streched out so bad. I use a conversion buld hps lamp that converts into a mh and i guess i left my mh bulb in there. 12/12 is good but its been budding for the past week under 6000k and streched real bad. I dont want to raise the light up too much because im blessed with low temp and the hps is pretty close making the top buds real nice but I am worried that the bottom will be skimp.

Should I cut the top off to get better over all coverage to drop the light down or stick it put?

Hey zxcvbnm(im actually kinda curious as to how u came up with that name, no vowels dude?!:hmmmm:),
Take a deep breath. Whoa you just had a newbie anxiety attack(dont worry we all get em). If what I read is correct, you switched your girls into 12/12 but you left your MH bulb in your hood. Thats ok. They probably stretched less than they would have under the hps. Don't cut anything off, or move the light if its at a good height. Switch out the bulbs, put your hps in and enjoy a blunt or joint. Here have mine :joint:.
Nah dont give it back yet, take another hit:passitleft:.
alright you can pass my shit back now lol:ganjamon:

Nah seriously bro, you are a-ok. :popcorn:

Hey zxcvbnm(im actually kinda curious as to how u came up with that name, no vowels dude?!:hmmmm:),
Take a deep breath. Whoa you just had a newbie anxiety attack(dont worry we all get em). If what I read is correct, you switched your girls into 12/12 but you left your MH bulb in your hood. Thats ok. They probably stretched less than they would have under the hps. Don't cut anything off, or move the light if its at a good height. Switch out the bulbs, put your hps in and enjoy a blunt or joint. Here have mine :joint:.
Nah dont give it back yet, take another hit:passitleft:.
alright you can pass my shit back now lol:ganjamon:

Nah seriously bro, you are a-ok. :popcorn:

look on the bottom row of your keyboard

yeah dude especially in the first few weeks of flowering, they generally tend to stretch the most then. Definitely don't top it now, it will cause unneeded stress on the plant and slow down bud production.

Just smoke a bowl, throw the HPS bulb in there, and smoke another

certain strains are alos prone to stretching, the internodal spacing is different in each and every strain, mh wouldnt have caused it I dont believe, but too much nitrogen , might! I dont even think the CFL could coz it, but bringing the lamps closer helps too..

you could leave the MH in and they will grow just fine. People have bloomed in MH for decades. My first grow 20 years ago was MH.

QUOTE]

Yea dudes right its just random and all the letters on the bottom row, haha. Thanks for the tips this isnt my first grow but it is my first nute packed hydrogrow, and everything is going better than i have ever done before. So thats why im stressin so bad. Its under 400w the top is right around 8-10 inches from the hood(not a sign in sight of heat damage) and the money branches theres about 12 of them are no more than 2 feet from the hood. Ever since the top got that close it slowed up some, but if worse comes to worse, i just wont harvest the branches below the money shots when i do the rest ill just let'em ride for an extra 2-3 weeks

Thanks for the tips

BTW I would love to take pics cause im super proud of this one, but the roommates are sketch and wont let me post pics.

just keep an eye on them. generally the rule of thumb is to keep the light about a foot higher than the plants, but as long as they're not getting too hot, they will love having the light closer to them. Just check them once or twice a day to make sure the distance is good. They can stretch really quickly sometimes and before you know it, your top is burnt.

I understand being a little paranoid about posting pics, but if you upload them to the gallery here, and don't include anything in the pictures other than your plants, its untraceable.

Hey zxcvbnm,
i can understand your roomy being nervous about posting pics of your grow. my baby momz was the same way. But its relatively safe to post pics of your grow, just dont show your face, or anything that will obviously give your location away. thats all. we'd love to see pics of the ladies :popcorn: I've got a 400 hps and i can tell you that in the last 3 weeks you can bring down that hps to 4-6 inches above the canopy with no problem

good luck zxcvbnm

thanks for the tips, ima prolly try to sneek some pics on in the next couple of days to show progress. Thanks again

Pics are no more sketchy than a regular posting. Like DroJo said, just use common sense. The Govt. would have to subpoena the servers of 420 magazine to get your IP address. Possible but not likely. So they can do pics or posts.

Just don't upload a photo of a massive commercial grow.

Back
Top Bottom