I'm Trying To Grow Pound Plants

I appreciate this short read. I read about cobbing bud but would never be in the situation to actually do it and now I feel less bad about not trying it, lol.

Its kind of fun... its very smooth, but the taste isnt good, same with the smell. the smell while smoking it is reminiscent of a babies wet diaper. So when the novelty wears off at least you have bad breath!

ok so the entire 209 pages of sues thread must be poppy cakka lol.
still going to try it and see what it does

Ive met her, and smoked her product. Shes a wonderful lady and knows a ton about making oils, edibles, etc. But the cob stuff isnt for me.

For your space, I'd veg for 6 weeks, maybe as long as 8 due to being in soil, and that should fill up your tent wall to wall. After 3 weeks in 12/12, make sure you cut off all the underside crap that isn't getting good light as that stuff hinders air flow through the plant which is needed to replenish CO2. As far as I know, the GG is a big yielder, and I'm pretty sure the WR will also yield well, but look on leafly for more reviews. If you live in the states, the time for the bedroom farmer is nearing it's end, at least if profit is the driving factor. I'm already looking to invest in other ways than growing. Lucky for me, I was in your shoes 5 years ago and have had plenty of time to learn and accumulate gear needed to grow. Though you can keep it as simple as you'd like, I've found this to give me half ass results. Conversely though, I easily spent hundreds to thousands on things I no longer use such as HID lighting and bulbs. I've since converted to COB lighting. What sucks about that was that each of my fixtures cost me just under 500 to build, whereas an all included iPower HID fixture package only costed a little over 150 each. I also spent many hundreds on nutrients (Gen Hydro) and only got decent results at best. I now mix my own from salts and RO water for pennies.

This hobby has a steep learning curve and the cost of each lesson will be felt in your pocket.

What brand soil are you using? Do you live near a hydro store?

so i transplanted to 10 gallon smart bag tonight. i am potting it in canna terra pro plus. so i see what you mean about the smaller planta more often, im on supervision from the state, with a medical card, so i have to follow the 2 plant budding rule, for another year and a half at least lol.
it must be from the mainlingn and trimming that causes my plants at 45 days not even close to anything i see on other peoples threads at 45 days.
i have a hard time thjnkjng id even get an ounce if i started flowering today.
i dont mind waiting longer as long as i have pot to smoke from my last grow to hold me over.
im not nesscasarily trying to harvest quickly, im more trying to still get to know my plants and push my noob limits as i go.
i fed the gg4 a full feeding of bio vege and rhizo ( following cannas regimen) so we’ll see what happens.
i have a very small apartment for tge time being, so yeah if i had a house or huge yard believe me i wouldnt be trying to train 1 plant as much, but as it is, im trying to incognito push what i can produce in a small apartment with alot of neighbors, know what i mean?
but anyways, later in the year i will get a better apartment, a 2 bedroom with a room strictly to grow inside.
sorry for the rant
now that the mainline has been done, i guess im just waiting for the flux to fill out

Ive met her, and smoked her product. Shes a wonderful lady and knows a ton about making oils, edibles, etc. But the cob stuff isnt for me.
well she basically made it sound like you were tripping, did you chew the cob? i was under the impression you chew and either eat or spit it out depending on how high it was supposed to get you

the entire tent is only 2.5 x 2.5 x 6, my apartment is a studio, if i had space i would most defintely do an4 x 4. with the size of the root bag and the distance from the light i only really have 3 feet to work with vertically with the quantum board at 24 inches during flowering, thats part of the reason i dont think i am able to just let the plants grow naturally. i would very quickly run out of room vertically. but hey if i am able to get a lb from this small a tent with this light, i hope it would be a breeze to do it in the future in a 4 x 4.
also planning on doing two outdoor plants, looking forward to just letting a tree grow outside !

hi i am currently growing two white rhinos and 1 gg4 original glue.

i am trying to do a mainline lb plant with the gg4, is that possible?
it is in canna terra pro plus, currently 44 days from seed, i have been doing lst and mainline techinque to get a flat canopy at the end, im also considering using a trellis net for a scrog that i have

i dont know if ill be able to pull the whole lb but im going to try

im either going to flower the two white rhinos, or the single gorilla glue, any comments or suggestions would be great thanks
What type of light do you have?

so i see what you mean about the smaller planta more often

I think you misunderstood or misquoted me. I suggest 1 smaller plant, but only b/c you have a small tent and blooming plants can easily double in mass. In my experience, there's 2 types of indoor growers, SOG or SCROG. SOG people veg many plants for short periods and send them all to bloom. SCROG people try to achieve the same results with 1 or few plants. SCROG also implies the use of a screeen which I personally only used once, but the rest of the technique is generally the same. I aim to get the most out of the least head count. I have 3 blooms, each about 4x4x8. I framed the rooms myself and used panda film walls, much like the old video George Cervantis did many years ago in his mockup. IMO, in your 2x2x6, you'll only get 10 ounces if you're lucky, and then it will take a few rounds with the same strain to feel out how much veg time you'll need to efficiently fill her out in bloom, but not to the point of over growing the tent too much which you'll find to be very easy to do. You want to achieve good air flow around every part of your buds, and if buds are pressed up against each other, they will sweat onto each other and cause mold. However, maintaining good circulation will prove to be difficult in your small space. You might want to invest in several smaller fans, oscillating if possible. Once your plant stuffs up that tent, the dimensions of the tent will be challenged, and it will be difficult to move things around. If I were you, I'd have a few fans down low aiming up into the canopy and an extraction fan up high that connects to a carbon filter.

I started in a similar sized space years ago and I think it was my first 420 journal.

I think you misunderstood or misquoted me. I suggest 1 smaller plant, but only b/c you have a small tent and blooming plants can easily double in mass. In my experience, there's 2 types of indoor growers, SOG or SCROG. SOG people veg many plants for short periods and send them all to bloom. SCROG people try to achieve the same results with 1 or few plants. SCROG also implies the use of a screeen which I personally only used once, but the rest of the technique is generally the same. I aim to get the most out of the least head count. I have 3 blooms, each about 4x4x8. I framed the rooms myself and used panda film walls, much like the old video George Cervantis did many years ago in his mockup. IMO, in your 2x2x6, you'll only get 10 ounces if you're lucky, and then it will take a few rounds with the same strain to feel out how much veg time you'll need to efficiently fill her out in bloom, but not to the point of over growing the tent too much which you'll find to be very easy to do. You want to achieve good air flow around every part of your buds, and if buds are pressed up against each other, they will sweat onto each other and cause mold. However, maintaining good circulation will prove to be difficult in your small space. You might want to invest in several smaller fans, oscillating if possible. Once your plant stuffs up that tent, the dimensions of the tent will be challenged, and it will be difficult to move things around. If I were you, I'd have a few fans down low aiming up into the canopy and an extraction fan up high that connects to a carbon filter.

I started in a similar sized space years ago and I think it was my first 420 journal.

i am TRYING to grow lb plants, not sure if ill make it happen or not though, i would be very happy with 10 ozs.
this is all a learning experience for me, trying to learn what works, what doesnt, and hopefully get a decent amount of flower at the same time.
i have stated that i already have a 4inch inline fan with carbon scrubber and a small fan blowing into the canopy.
kinda assuming im a complete idiot, but guess it happens on these forums
part of the reason i was mainling and LST is to keep an even and separated canopy of colas.
i guess my posts are too long for people to actually read, sorry

I did not mean to imply any ill will. Sorry for any misunderstanding. I was not scolding, but merely explaining to the best of my ability and to the point without getting too wordy like I frequently do.

the gorilla glue female now in the 10 gallon, ugh what a pain in the butt it was to retie her down.

maybe wishful thinking but I SWEAR the main stem has already gotten thicker and it has only been transplanted into the smart pot for 13hours.

i fed all the cannabis plants full dose of canna bio vege during their normal sunday watering. next sunday will be plain tap water.
jeez how much water do i need to give this gorilla girl every watering to get 10% runoff now lol. am i correct in assuming if i am using all organic nutes that i dont need to water to that point every time?

i topped one end today, tomorrow night i will top the other side, as per mainline technique, after that i am done inducing anymore stress on the plant.
once the final top is done, if i left the LST as is i would wnd up with 24 tops. would it be detrimental to go for more? at 24 tops it would require 19 grams per top in order to produce a lb.

the two white rhinos are growing nicely, pretty sure they are ready to uppot, they are in 1 gallon smart pots, somehow my next challenge is what to do with them while the gg4 is flowering, but im at least two weeks from that taling place so kind of at a loss, going to have to figure something out

these are also mainlined like the gg4

I did not mean to imply any ill will. Sorry for any misunderstanding. I was not scolding, but merely explaining to the best of my ability and to the point without getting too wordy like I frequently do.
how much longer should i veg this? as soon as i cut the next node it will be “mainlined” should i continue LST the new nodes or is there a max i should stop at? i think if i counted right i would be at 24 tops after the last topping
@Skybound

If your wanting 600g from that your looking at another 6-8 weeks veg, maybe more.

I had 8 plants on the last run with nye on 30 main stems vegged for 8 weeks and i only pulled 6-8oz a plant.
ok yes i figured it would be a while i wonder if i should transplant the white rhinos out and flower them while i veg out the gg4’s
the white rhinos are doing very good and i could uppot them, give it another week as it is now, and then put them to flower first

Turned out to not be my thing, either. I ended up with a chunk that was... A little longer than my middle finger, maybe a tiny bit bigger around. I have no idea what it weighed, but it was dense enough I probably could have used it to pound tacks into pine boards, lol. I was paranoid about the possibility of mold for a little while (gaping hole where a tooth used to be, kind of an open wound situation), but decided to trust in the grower/cobber and nibbled a little piece maybe 3/8" long. Waited a bit, nibbled some more. Ended up eating almost half of it that night and sharing the other half with a friend (he ate a little bit, waited... then decided to break it into chunks, grind it, and we smoked it). We decided it probably works great compared to any other method over in Africa where it's about a million and two degrees and the humidity is approximately .0000001%, but for normal environments, it's basically just a novelty.

As in all things in life, though, "YMMV" applies.

And, yes, Susan is a wonderful lady!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom