I'm Trying To Grow Pound Plants

A pound isn't easy to achieve, you need big pots and long veg times to start with. Environment needs dialed in and some honking lights. You'll get there in time.
next grow im ditching the mainline, i am going to just do a normal topping and some lst, but i feel like the chopping and topping you have to do with the manifold slows things down alot, i think its better probably to do in hydro, where the plant grows so strong and fast that if you manifold it only slows the plant down to what a normal soil grower would consider fast lol.
to make up for the yield i wont get i am growing a autoflower early miss plant in my veg room, im not expecting much out of it, just going to experiment flowering in a less than ideal enviroment and it will be my first non manifolded grow.

The money will be better spent on QBs I think, full spectrum with up to 1000 ppfd will do the trick.
what do you mean? my qb is 3000k is that considered full spectrum?
my main idea with the ledbar was to add uv and infrared light, not neccasarily more wattage, i just wanted what the qb wasnt putting out
i got a great deal on the bar, got it new for 50% off what it normally goes for

I've never hit 1 pound per plant yet, I had 2 Brooklyn's in 1- 10 gallon pot that went over a pound. I've hit 3/4 pound a few times for 1 plant though.
pennywise, my local hydro guy advised me to just do one big plant instead of multiple plants thats where the idea came from originally. i was just talking to him about what the best way to achieve a lb inside this tent per run would be. thats why i stuck the white rhino in there too, i had some extra space, not really expecting too much from her but she is growing very nicelt now as well

We've talked about this...
Ive hit a pound once with Lemon Skunk. The plant next to it did 10oz. This was a hydro grow. Not soil. Id be willing to bet no one has ever hit a pound in a 3 foot tent.

If 1 pound was my goal I'd only run 1 plant in a 4x4 space, vertical space will be important also.
i cant fit a 4x4 in my apartment, but im hoping to move this summer or later in the year, believe you me i will have an entire room for two tents, one for veg one for flower!!

Don't worry about uv and infrared so much, 3000k is what I run. It's a good balance between red and blue.

yup thats what my light is now, i dont think the led bar will hurt though to add the uv and infrared to my tent, im trying to let my girls feel as close to being outside as they can! also the led bar has orange and some other “micro” colors
sometime in the very near future im going to get one more hlg 260, this time in 2700k, and one more kindled micro bar and then i will be completely satisfied with my situations for all seasons.

Sounds right though, a 1 pound plant is gonna be busting the seems out of the tent! Lol

yes i think my next full grow in this tent will be two plants, same strain, just topped and a scrogged instead of the mainline like this one. thanks for all the support, i will stay updated as things move along

i cant fit a 4x4 in my apartment, but im hoping to move this summer or later in the year, believe you me i will have an entire room for two tents, one for veg one for flower!!

yup thats what my light is now, i dont think the led bar will hurt though to add the uv and infrared to my tent, im trying to let my girls feel as close to being outside as they can! also the led bar has orange and some other “micro” colors

yes i think my next full grow in this tent will be two plants, same strain, just topped and a scrogged instead of the mainline like this one. thanks for all the support, i will stay updated as things move along

Scrog is highly recommended

day 1 flower (76 fs)

Lots of fungus gnats flying around and getting sticky trapped i fed the gorilla girl 4 gallons tap with all the bio canna line but added a shot of ff big bloom to the feeding. fed at 5.9 also used BTI in every gallon.

nit a whole lot of difference in looks yet, both plants are getting bigger i have a feeling in the next few days they will go into stretch mode. the stipules on the gorilla are pointed stright out i can see the plants getting ready to flower, i think the decreasing hour last week primed them to go.

Day 2 flower

3,2,1 and this morning i can officially say we are into stretch lol, holy crap the gorilla girl grew overnight, shes gonna be a frickin monster

i dont jnow if its just me, but that full dose of BTI MICROBELIFT might have helped, didnt see anything flying around when i oepended the tent, but maybe wishful thinking.

3B1F2439-83B1-4B6A-B350-EBAAFE5AEE46.jpeg

i can already tell which nodes are going to be main colas, they shot right the hell up overnight, im loosening the LST rods, as soon as i feel the stems hardening up going to oull them all out

The smart pots would air prune the roots so the roots can grow and grow. Roots=fruits.
1lb plants is very possible. Check out hydrohygro on YouTube. He’s now doing DWC but before that he did 3 plants with a lb off each plant. It’s much less work then say tending to 20-30 plants because your focusing all your attention on one- three plants. This way you can train and bend every day with time to spare. Can’t do that with 20-30 plants in a Scrog.
Hydrohygro on YouTube will show you the process.

The smart pots would air prune the roots so the roots can grow and grow. Roots=fruits.
1lb plants is very possible. Check out hydrohygro on YouTube. He’s now doing DWC but before that he did 3 plants with a lb off each plant. It’s much less work then say tending to 20-30 plants because your focusing all your attention on one- three plants. This way you can train and bend every day with time to spare. Can’t do that with 20-30 plants in a Scrog.
Hydrohygro on YouTube will show you the process.
can you link it? im at work and dont have time to search through the youtube?
how much lighting does he have? i only have about 250 watts of qb (200) and t5s (50)
my tent is only 2.5 x 2.5 i dont think ill pull a lb but i am praying for at least 8 oz
the gorilla girl is in 10 gallon smart pot

im changing my lst technique and ditching the mainline next grow, what do you think of my current training ? this is only me second grow lol
on a side note i think i have my feeding and nutes dialed in
:thumb::bongrip::ganjamon::bravo::woohoo:

wow that plant is 1 lb, im more hopeful of my plant to yield more than i thought then lol.
also seems like the bti microbe lift either slowed down the gnats or killed them because i havent seen any flying around in a few days now, so thats a plus
Its a nice plant, but i would be shocked if that plant weighed out to a pound. I only watched the first few minutes, is there another plant?

Back
Top Bottom