I'm Trying To Grow Pound Plants

i chopped the rhino and half of the glue plant. the glue is back in darkness, i didnt turn on the tent light while chopping.

16DEC8D0-5F28-4410-A016-219D052C43B8.jpeg
BAB4353A-784A-44B6-8FAC-B5E327DE06AB.jpeg
72364CBA-D4A4-455A-BFD1-4218704967AC.jpeg
A1A070A2-D62B-4089-A2B5-DD9C323F0BEB.jpeg
428EB556-F6EF-40D0-8146-2588151D8ACF.jpeg
09E70E7D-CE0A-49BB-A363-BDE942F84B75.jpeg
0E059B77-16EB-43B7-91B4-83F8715D49E5.jpeg
A0BA531E-4E72-4CDC-8E8F-0323EB4915D4.jpeg

is this mold? the light color on the bottom of some of the colas. the pistils were squished strangely too. remeber the scare i had back in week 7 with the high humidity.
these off colored bottom buds feel waterlogged and have a weird texture when cracking open

05AAB546-04CD-414F-99FD-30923B9DD57C.jpeg

will finish the plant in the morning. been trimming for 7 hours straight standing up.

i am doing the ziggys low and slow method, so just took a few shots of these colas because i may have to break some of them for this method of drying.

i initially just hung them from a clothes rack in the kitchen while i bud washed and then clipped and hung hung for approx 4 hours just in the open air. did a second final trim and am in the process of putting them in paper bags and into the fridge
still have about ten more bags to throw in before i sleep tonight.

does this look right?

image.jpg
Awww fuck man, sure as hell hope not but the buds are big enough it could be. Crack the nug open, you’ll know instantly if it’s brown/ grey and dusty. Rooting for you on no mold.

Awww fuck man, sure as hell hope not but the buds are big enough it could be. Crack the nug open, you’ll know instantly if it’s brown/ grey and dusty. Rooting for you on no mold.

i had these weird albino looking buds on quite a bit of colas.

i cracked them open, no dust. no signs of stringy mold or dust or cottony growth either.
its very strange looking, the pistils on these particular flowers have a strange look.
if it was mold or the beginnings if it i hope i nipped it in the bud so to speak

i had these weird albino looking buds on quite a bit of colas.

i cracked them open, no dust. no signs of stringy mold or dust or cottony growth either.
its very strange looking, the pistils on these particular flowers have a strange look.
if it was mold or the beginnings if it i hope i nipped it in the bud so to speak
You’ll know if it’s mold, so hopefully it’s not. If it gets to the point of visually white on the outside, buds are (usually) rotted all the way through. Keep an eye out, especially on the biggest colas. Mold sucks man and definitely a brutal hit to the get if you ever get it.

Sweet Harvest H. That was a big plant!

thanks man. i currently have everything in paper bags and a couple dominos lizza boxes in the fridge doing ziggys low and slow drying method.

i will post final weight once its dried wnough to go into jars. by my estimate i would THINK i got at least 224 grams dried, but we will see.
if i get 224, it will roughly be about 1gram/1watt. i will be happy if it does. getting i pound would have been close to 2 grams per watt.

Now that i have a par meter 100% i was having light stress.
my quantum board at 100% at 20” is putting out more than 1000ppfd from my readings. and thats not including the par that my led bar was also adding.

now that the grow is over at least now we know it was light stress which was burning my leaves. prob some other problems too but its good to know now

another interesting thing i noticed was when i took the root ball out of the smart pot there were no roots in the bottom 5” of the pot??
maybe from me sitting the plant in waste water earlier in the grow killed the roots? kind of strange to me. i probably did not get the full effect of a 10 gallon pot due to the root system not taking up the whole container. oh well next grow is already going very good anyways

Bigger concern with light bleaching is it kills potency.

I think you’re fine though man, congrats on the harvest.

i think i caught it before the bleaching began, i think i lucked out. i knew what i was seeing was not normal

the par meter is awesome, now i can know for sure where to set my light.

800 par is max without co2 correct?

So my buds are slowly drying in the fridge. i havent weighed anythjng but the more i look i am assuming i probbaly got about a quarter pound.
One thing i didnt understand until this grow is the correlation of yield:space.
i didnt realize you cant just pack colas sided by side, which is something most noobs like myself would assume.
Next grow i am doing a scrog, now that i have a ppfd meter i can accurately adjust light to a screen and fill it with an accurate ppfd reading to do it right.
and also my watering was all messed up. 10 gallon coco prob was the same size i couldve got a 5 gallon coco. not the same as soil, where dry periods can force the plant to have massive roots. coco has hydro roots.
anyways going to continue doing journals, finishing up my second one and then going to scrog the super lemon haze with the qb and uva-ir with the supplement light bar.
also got a outdoor in the works.

Bigger pots still produce bigger plants all else being the same. Having said that I’ve grown some really big plants in 3 gallons of coco. With smaller pots you have to feed multiple times per day.

Bigger pots still produce bigger plants all else being the same. Having said that I’ve grown some really big plants in 3 gallons of coco. With smaller pots you have to feed multiple times per day.
this is my experience with my critical, she is desperate for 2 feeds a day, the others, not so much in larger pots

Yeah it's all a learning curve mate. The important thing is you now know what you're doing so your next run will be awesome and you've still produced some pretty awesome lookin smokeage.
I've tried autos in 3 and 5 gal Coco fabrics and never noticed a difference in yield or anything else. Just takes more water to keep them wet.

Yeah it's all a learning curve mate. The important thing is you now know what you're doing so your next run will be awesome and you've still produced some pretty awesome lookin smokeage.
I've tried autos in 3 and 5 gal Coco fabrics and never noticed a difference in yield or anything else. Just takes more water to keep them wet.

im gonna use the 10gall smart pot on my outdoor soil grow.
gonna stick to my 5 gall airpots for indoor coco

Im on the home stretch of getting the buds to the jarring point for cure. couple hiccups with the fridgerator drying method ( mainly my lack of eating for the last 2 weeks) but most of the buds look pretty damn nice now that they are almost dry enough to smoke regularly.

my estimate now that i am closer to drying is 6 ozs though. need to get a bubble bag to run my trim, do we have sponsors on this site that i could get a reccomend ? i have never had a bubble bag and not sure how to use it

Im on the home stretch of getting the buds to the jarring point for cure. couple hiccups with the fridgerator drying method ( mainly my lack of eating for the last 2 weeks) but most of the buds look pretty damn nice now that they are almost dry enough to smoke regularly.

my estimate now that i am closer to drying is 6 ozs though. need to get a bubble bag to run my trim, do we have sponsors on this site that i could get a reccomend ? i have never had a bubble bag and not sure how to use it
alls i know with bubblebags is this..
cheap ones deteriorate quickly...
this is all lol

Back
Top Bottom