I'm Trying To Grow Pound Plants

Quantum boards are strong, but not that strong. Look for bugs under the leaves and in the crotches of the stems. Its possible what youre seeing is just places where you might have been a little rough with the plant. If it gets worse and, its a bug, a spray called Azamax will normally sort it out.

Here are a couple shots of my closet and its plant

what size pots do you have there?
next grow i do t think im going to mainline, im starting to think that the weeks lost to the stress is not worth it, i mean it looks pretty and all, but id rather save the time and just get a trellis net for scrog like you have in your picture.
im hoping my plant looks half as big as yours when they flower

how much do you yield off of those plants each?

ive been doing a preventative neem spray and also rotating a mosquito dunk and botanigard es in waterings.
its weird, when the plant was first growing, a few leaves on the left side of the plant were deformed, for lack of a better term, the edges were crinkled and there were some mishapen leaves.
in a past grow i have sprayed neem and foliar fed with the lights on, and the spots look like the burns from water droplets being on the leaves under the led lights.
my assumption is condensation built up water droplets on the new shoots( while they were “pressed” together growing out, and then as they met the direct light from the quantum board it burned a chunk off of the small leaf, which became noticeable when the leaf got bigger. you know what i mean?
i have low humidity, its only around 35% so maybe the difference between the plant leaf transpiring and the low hunidity is causing the condensation? does that maybe sound plausible?
i defoliate alot of leaves that are touching, because i will find dew built up when the leaves touch, then it burns under the lights.
thats part of the reason i was posting about how high, or low a light intensity i can use.
i only noticed it yesterday, which coincedentally i turned the light intensity up a few days ago

Leaves sometime do wierd things. I have a plant right now that has a couple leaves that are normal of the left side and light green on right. The plant as a whole is doing great, so im not too worried. Ive never put too much stock in liquid on leaves "burning" holes from the light. They say the same thing about grass/lawn that will get burned from watering in the middle of the day. I dont buy it.

I think this problem will require a picture or two.

what size pots do you have there?
next grow i do t think im going to mainline, im starting to think that the weeks lost to the stress is not worth it, i mean it looks pretty and all, but id rather save the time and just get a trellis net for scrog like you have in your picture.
im hoping my plant looks half as big as yours when they flower

how much do you yield off of those plants each?

Scroging is a great way to grow. Ive only grown a couple plants without a net and find i do much better with it. Its very easy as long as you grow the plant into a net. Dont try to pull a net over an existing plant you will just wind up with broken branches.

One thing i see with mainlining is theres a lot of trimming. Some of the growth taken off has viable bud sights (in the future). Its still so young that it will make up for a lot of this but you will never end up with a big plant which is usually associated with a large amount of bud. Ive never spent much time thinking about mainlining as it isnt a method i would use. I will say that the bud you do grow will probably be high quality due to a high light exposure. Most of what i have to say about it is just theory.

That plant will probably do 5 ounces or so. It still has a month to go, and i still have plenty of time to mess it all up. This plant was my last from the closet

having a hard time with the photos on the post

1st picture -the “holes” on the 8th and 9th small leaves

2nd picture- top left leaf, its almost half a leaf gone

3rd picture-single hole on leaf in middle of the picture

4th picture- no hole i mistakenly put the picture there for some reason

I see what youre saying. If you had to guess, i would say the damage came inadvertently from working with the plant. Its very common. I say this because of your preemptive spraying. The damaged area seems to be pretty small. If you get a lot more you know its a bug.

Lights will easily damage plants. My Black Dogs couldnt be any closer than 18 inches or they would bleach the plants. Other lights will brown leaves, or cause them to grow funny but need to be pretty close. All those would be LED, CFL or florescent lamps. HPS will cook a leaf from a couple feet away if run hot

having a hard time with the photos on the post

1st picture -the “holes” on the 8th and 9th small leaves

2nd picture- top left leaf, its almost half a leaf gone

3rd picture-single hole on leaf in middle of the picture

4th picture- no hole i mistakenly put the picture there for some reason

I dont know man. Sometimes leaves can be damaged when they are super small and the damage stays with them as they grow. Just watch them i guess. If you see a grasshopper kill it

I dont know man. Sometimes leaves can be damaged when they are super small and the damage stays with them as they grow. Just watch them i guess. If you see a grasshopper kill it
yeah not too worried about it, just trying to confirm suspiscions, but no negative effects i can see so i think im all good

i transplanted her deep in there, i gotta find something to even out the height difference tonorrow

Hey I’m a newb grower too and on my 2nd grow, but the leaves in the 3rd of 4 pics look suspicious to me. It looks like small white dots on the leaves there and I got them on my first grow and thankfully someone pointed that out for me. Had me check out underneath the leaves for spidermites and sure enough they were there. I was late into flowering but they ruined my Gorilla Bomb and my Cinderella 99 clone had to tossed out. Turns out that they came from the clone, as the person who gave it was infested by them. Edit Note: Found a pic from my first grow for comparison

Hopefully I’m just seeing things and all goes well with your grow, but if it is. I wish you all the best and hopefully it was caught in time

Hey I’m a newb grower too and on my 2nd grow, but the leaves in the 3rd of 4 pics look suspicious to me. It looks like small white dots on the leaves there and I got them on my first grow and thankfully someone pointed that out for me. Had me check out underneath the leaves for spidermites and sure enough they were there. I was late into flowering but they ruined my Gorilla Bomb and my Cinderella 99 clones had to tossed out. Turns out that they came from the clone, as the person who gave it was infested by them.

Hopefully I’m just seeing things and all goes well with you grow, but if it is. I wish you all the best and hopefully it was caught in time
What did you think of Gorilla Skittles?
Hey I’m a newb grower too and on my 2nd grow, but the leaves in the 3rd of 4 pics look suspicious to me. It looks like small white dots on the leaves there and I got them on my first grow and thankfully someone pointed that out for me. Had me check out underneath the leaves for spidermites and sure enough they were there. I was late into flowering but they ruined my Gorilla Bomb and my Cinderella 99 clone had to tossed out. Turns out that they came from the clone, as the person who gave it was infested by them. Edit Note: Found a pic from my first grow for comparison

Hopefully I’m just seeing things and all goes well with your grow, but if it is. I wish you all the best and hopefully it was caught in time
Thats pretty common with clones. Clones should be dunked in a peroxide wash, sequestered and watched closely for a little while before they make it to the grow area. Ive been very lucky and never had them, but i usually start from seed. Glad you brought this up

Gorilla Zkittlez I have yet to try, but about to head into flowering stage on Thursday. So give me a few months and I’ll let you know. So far they seem to look pretty good in my first attempt at mainlining, but might need to defoliate for the umpteenth time in 8 weeks.

i think my camera is just bad at that height, the leaf itself is new growth and it is a lighter color, maybe i havent given it enough nitrogen or i dont know but she seems pretty healthy. i have sprayed her down with neem as a preventative as a start so hopefully it keeps them away!!
maybe the lighter growth is from lack of nitrogen? what or how mich nitro N-p-k wise should the plant be getting? i think i may be just chronically underfeeding my plants ? the whole biocanna line only comes out to 6-4-5 for veg i think and i only feed every other watering, which now in this huge ass 10 gallon it may not need water for two weeks

think these two babies are doing good, i gave the gorilla a shot of 14-0-0 nitrogen with a 10% feeding of biocanna nutes because the new growth seems a little light yellow, think shes gonna love it

the white rhino got a full dose of nutes and a little extra 14-0-0 nitro to help with the transplant, looking about perfect on the dark greenness, think shes gonna get used to her new pot pretty quick and grow big

i think if i keep at it i can continue to manipulate the canopy into a nice even wall of leaves.

think these two babies are doing good, i gave the gorilla a shot of 14-0-0 nitrogen with a 10% feeding of biocanna nutes because the new growth seems a little light yellow, think shes gonna love it

the white rhino got a full dose of nutes and a little extra 14-0-0 nitro to help with the transplant, looking about perfect on the dark greenness, think shes gonna get used to her new pot pretty quick and grow big

i think if i keep at it i can continue to manipulate the canopy into a nice even wall of leaves.

The new stuff just hasnt had time to green up yet. Nothing wrong with a gealthy dose of Nitro. just dont do that while deep in flower. Nitrogen toxicity is easy to do. And it basically spells disaster, stopping flower and leaving you with tiny buds

The new stuff just hasnt had time to green up yet. Nothing wrong with a gealthy dose of Nitro. just dont do that while deep in flower. Nitrogen toxicity is easy to do. And it basically spells disaster, stopping flower and leaving you with tiny buds
yeah i dont give them any extra nitro in flower lol.
the first watering in 12/12 i will put some 0-5-0 guano into the soil for an extra kick and then just follow the biocanna feed instructions, i might need to get some extra K too, but ill do a final amendment into the top layer of soil the first week of flower and then no more nitro.
the nitro i gave them today and yesterday will be used up way before flower ends, i want to give them a decent amount now so they are growing in full force when they cone into the stretch and go into full bloom.
they are still in 18/6 right now btw, not going to flip for at least another week

So i have had a few other posts here and there, i think i had a calmag issue, and i also moved one white rhino in the tent so i have two plants in there now
white rhino is in a 3 gal airpot, gorila glue is in 10gallon smart pot
i also now have two full spectrum + uv flouescent tube lights and another sunblaster full spectrum (no uv i think) that i run for a few hours here and there during the days to add some different spectrums into the plant.

i supercropped a couple branches, ended up breaking one. i fixed it with some gorilla tape, when the branch has healed, i will initiate flowering.
im getting the exponential growth, i defoliate every couple days or so to allow the inner budsites and other spots that need to get light.
i think both plants are doing much much better than where i was at last grow. not going to mainline after this grow though, i definitely wasted 2-3 weeks from the mainline defoliations, i think the technique is probably better in hydro where the plant grows faster, in turn recovering faster.

Back
Top Bottom