I'm Trying To Grow Pound Plants

i mainlined my plants, its like a netless scrog but stunts the plants growth quite a bit
I just did bend and secure. Did the main stock first then anything that shot up to much after that. Worked out good enough for me besides the soil ph lockout I’m trying to fix. I got a single plant from another strain that’s doing great with all the training and such. Frustrating having the other two look so crappy. Owell first grow. Like you said. Next grow, I’ve learned from this grow so will always get better. Shouldn’t get worse.

I just did bend and secure. Did the main stock first then anything that shot up to much after that. Worked out good enough for me besides the soil ph lockout I’m trying to fix. I got a single plant from another strain that’s doing great with all the training and such. Frustrating having the other two look so crappy. Owell first grow. Like you said. Next grow, I’ve learned from this grow so will always get better. Shouldn’t get worse.

i just upgraded to a bluelab ph pen, i was using a cheap one at the beginning and it was off quite a bit. plants seem to be doing better now with correct ph going in.

i mainlined my plants, its like a netless scrog but stunts the plants growth quite a bit

main takeaway, i need more light
Just had a flick through the last few pages mate.I started off like you. I saw ganjamotos 1kg auto while I was looking for a bong or something and thought Fuck it, if he can pull a kilo I should be able to get at least a pound. Ill just grow my own. Studied his journal and recreated it as best i could with the cash i had. found someone to mentor me with sock puppets through the stuff I didn't understand and got it on the second attempt.
If you want to pull the weights you're best to find someone who does it with a similar set up and see what they do. Study their journals ....Then pester them relentlessly untill they tell you everything else you need to know lol.
I generally find if i at least 3/4 fill a 1m tent with a nice flat canopy before the flip. Then tie it down again about a week in to fill the rest, I get 450-600g from 500w of blurples. That's using a single plant in hydro though. about 7 weeks veg with some lst, Easy peasy..
Can't get anywhere near that when I do multiples in coco though. Looking like I should hit it this time from 3 hempys but I'm using 850w so it's still not a great result. Been growing in coco for a year now and this is the first decent result I've had from it. Much easier to pull weights in full hydro. I'm determined to get this perpetual growing nailed though so no use doing monsters anymore.

question should i be worrying about light bleaching from the qb being at 21 inches and having the t5s in the tent as well?
i really been trying to pump the plants with light and dont want to mess them up now
Just keep an eye on it mate. It'll start slowly, you get a couple days to catch it and adjust the lights before they start to burn.

what should i really be looking for? i have never had it before
You'll spot it mate. Leaves start losing their colour up top, sometimes go yellow, sometimes light green. Results can vary tbh. Spot it first on the bigger leaves at the top of the canopy. Honestly not something to worry about though, as long as your checking every day you'll notice it before it causes any damage. If the leaves start to taco aswell that s often from light stress but can also be humidity/ heat issues.

week 1 flower is done

fed the gg 4 her final vegatative feeding of bio vege, rhizo, cannazyme, calmag, ff big bloom, and silica blast.
also topdressed the soilless medium with bat guano 0-5-0, langenbite 0-0-22, and ff all purpose 5-5-5
continued with the bti microbe lift treatment, i dont see gnats flying around, or maybe the stickys and the bti lowered the number to which i dont notice

she took the feeding like a champ, i pumped her with 15ml of biovege, because apparently this nute line is notorious for yellowing during week4-5 of flower, which happened to me last run.
hoping the topdress will break down and help out a few weeks later in flowering.
some leaves are showing discoloration and some twisting, dont know but otherwise she looks very good

fed the white rhino the same feeding, she is jist a small bush, looks great, nothing to really note on the leaves.
also topdressed the same stuff as above.

this picture is from yesterday, should i wait and give one more vegetative feeding or switch directly to bloom nutes now?

thought i had a newer picture but i dont, its lights out so ill post one tomoroow, which will be first day of week two.
want to just do weekly pictures so its easier to see the progression

day 8 flowering

overhead view of the two

1C58261D-622E-4D65-9F30-C00720F9FB6C.jpeg

side view of gg4

02B607A4-B29A-4A0B-B30B-91B5C55B72CF.jpeg

side view of white rhino

DF5F8C26-C912-483F-AE1D-8DD10D133D14.jpeg

3/4 view

765F01F1-45D6-40D0-8CE6-042C5E33BE7A.jpeg

the lights are hlg 260
kindled flower micro ( uva, ir, orange and far red)
the t5 fixture had uvb, i just got the bulb, starting at 15 mins and will up to 30 mins next week, keep increasing to 1 hr max throughout flower IS THIS WHAT TO DO LET ME KNOW IF SOMETHING ELSE IS RECCOMENDED

DF37E9B3-7D99-4109-8834-9B1E6D9716B3.jpeg

i think my lighting is spot on, cant wait to see what the flowers will look like

im lollipopping little by little, every 2-3 days ill do a small defoliating session where i remove some of the older fans and clean all the small node growth that is less than 5” approx from the canopy

i dont think i will get a lb, but we will see, im thinking the buds will be primo though

They look awesome. Not a lb but will still look great and smoke great. I’m guessing 250-300g. Still a good haul. I’m hoping to get the same as you. Feed look good too. Can you post a pic of this langinbite 0-0-20 you speak of? The slow acting topdress might just work in a few weeks with the slow release. Good idea.

They look awesome. Not a lb but will still look great and smoke great. I’m guessing 250-300g. Still a good haul. I’m hoping to get the same as you. Feed look good too. Can you post a pic of this langinbite 0-0-20 you speak of? The slow acting topdress might just work in a few weeks with the slow release. Good idea.
yes ill take a pic when i get home, its just a box that says langenbite 0-0-22.
i am going to use pk13/14 for the gg4 but you cannot use it on an organic grow so i wanted to add a organic too dress pk 13/14 style organic nute so i used bat guano and the langenbite.

so this is my organic pk 1314

image.jpg

the white rhino in my veg room is getting big too, im realizing that the mainline stunted all the plants pretty good, probably is the main reason they look small for what their real age is.

also i notice that the way i lst the plant and how the colas are forming now that i dont think i even need to top the plant anymore than once or even at all. im thinking to just do strictly lst and you can basically get the same effect. anyways ill have a monster to go in the flower tent as soon as these are done. im shooting for a almost perpetual flowering tent

Ye
yes ill take a pic when i get home, its just a box that says langenbite 0-0-22.
i am going to use pk13/14 for the gg4 but you cannot use it on an organic grow so i wanted to add a organic too dress pk 13/14 style organic nute so i used bat guano and the langenbite.
yea man. I’m gonna steal your idea if I can find the same product. Gonna be putting mine into flower soon. Just some final touches here and there and I’m set.

seems like she is showing which branches is going to be colas. she mustve grown and inch today, the rhino is stretching too.
i still have that twisted leaf and some discoloration on some of the leaves, i defintely read that twisted leaves is a sign that the roots are beiing attacked, whoch makes me think its the fungus gnat larvae? who knows, both plants seem to be growing exceptionally well.
going to start 50/50 on the bloom nutes next watering then after that its all bloom nutes, which i have bioboost too.... cant wait

27F8C133-2F46-41FD-B5E7-CB583E1C79D7.jpeg

Hiya bud, as a general rule. There are a few exceptions,
Leaves curl up is environmental stress. Light,heat, humidity or wind.
Leaves droop down is a problem at the roots. Usually a lack of oxygen caused by poor drainage.
Leaves go twisty is generally a ph issue although sometimes it does just happen with new growth. Especially if it's an overly crowded plant. You're situation though looks like a ph issue to me.
Not a soil grower though so not sure what to do about it tbh.

Hiya bud, as a general rule. There are a few exceptions,
Leaves curl up is environmental stress. Light,heat, humidity or wind.
Leaves droop down is a problem at the roots. Usually a lack of oxygen caused by poor drainage.
Leaves go twisty is generally a ph issue although sometimes it does just happen with new growth. Especially if it's an overly crowded plant. You're situation though looks like a ph issue to me.
Not a soil grower though so not sure what to do about it tbh.

the gg is in soilless, its weird though because it is only affecting random leaves it seems. some of the twisting is on new growth, old growth, top of the plant and bottom of the plant. is this indicative of ph being too high or too low?

Could be iether mate. Just had a flick back and seen you top dressed her. First instinct says something to do with that. Is that the canna terra pro plus one ?

i sid just top dress it last watering but this twisting has been occuring from the start.
even when the plant was very young, less than a month old, it was exhibiting the same leaf issues. it was isolated to just one side of the plant, on a particular branch.

thats part of the reason i lean more towards the roots being attacked by the fungus gnat larvae, its been happening the whole grow.
i have always been pretty meticulous about ph of nutes going into the plant, all feedings have been in the 5.8-6.0 range, and the potting mix itself is adjusted to 6.2.
i have also read a number of articles, one in this site actually, that others have had the same leaf issues with this particular soilless and also having fungus gnats.

on the other hand, the white rhino, which is in actual soil and has received the same base nutes, is not having anything resembling the issue, albeit the nutes going in all being phed to 6.4-6.6 range.

the plant is still growing vigourously so i havent been too worried about it, but i would like to somehow identify the problem so i can stop it for the future of this plant and grows in the future.

i am going to start phing my nutes to 6.1-6.2 for the canna terra from here on out, which is reccomended by canna for start and end of flowering, their rep says that as the plant is older the medium acidifies so maybe that could be the problem.

either way flowering continues, looks like im going to have some monster freaking colas

on the other hand, the white rhino, which is in actual soil and has received the same base nutes, is not having anything resembling the issue, albeit the nutes going in all being phed to 6.4-6.6 range.
Are you using the same nutrients for Coco and soil? I could be wrong but I believe you want to use different nutes for hydro and soil and that could have an impact on your plants but I’ve never done coco or hydro so I could have read that somewhere and it’s not accurate. I grow all organically and in soil so only know about coco from what I’ve seen others experience.

Are you using the same nutrients for Coco and soil? I could be wrong but I believe you want to use different nutes for hydro and soil and that could have an impact on your plants but I’ve never done coco or hydro so I could have read that somewhere and it’s not accurate. I grow all organically and in soil so only know about coco from what I’ve seen others experience.
you are definitely right, i was told my hydro shop guy that bio canna would work with canna terra pro plus, more and more as i researched it it definitely is not made for anything other than soil.
canna has some marketing issues apparently because after they specifically say not to use biocanna on anything but soil, they sell a coco soilless called bio terra that is sposed to work with bio canna.

its all i have for now though, and i have been trying to work with it so i can try to learn more about plant nutrition and grow with it anyways.
as soon as this harvest is done and im able to have some extra money i am going to rethink and change up what i use for nutrients and medium as well.
i guess the flavor and potency is exceptional with canna products, but yield suffers.
they make another nutrient specifically for canna terra, its called terra vege, not bio vege( what i have)

Back
Top Bottom