Improving taste of infused coconut oil?

Virandell

Hi so yesterday I made infused coconut oil CBD but the problem is my son don't like the taste of it and I am not surprised ^^ any ideas for some flavourings or something like that ? Today he ate it on the toast but I am not sure it it will have the same effect ?

IMG_20200404_212529_HHT.jpg
IMG_20200404_185203_HHT.jpg

What I do is stand a teaspoon in a cup of tea until the tea has cooled down enough to take a large mouthful. By then the spoon has warmed up, see? The hot spoon is more easily filled (I keep my oil in the fridge where it tends to go hard). Spoonful of oil (or two), gulp of tea, Bob’s your Auntie’s live-in lover.
Try it out of the fridge if you aren’t storing it there. Cold, it tends to stay in a pretty cohesive mass long enough to get it down ya. Room temperature it’s going to fill your mouth and make you gag.
Give him mango juice afterwards. When he burps - mango lassi!
Kid’s pretty lucky he doesn’t have to learn to take poisonous tasting gunk whether he likes it or not like we used to.
Good on you :peace: :yummy::cool:

You can gently melt the oil and add water. Put it back in the fridge when it's hard again drain the water and some of the other nasty stuff away. There is a post on Pinterest about this. Also if you infuse the oil with water you will pull out some of the nasty tasting stuff that dissolves in water

Hi so yesterday I made infused coconut oil CBD but the problem is my son don't like the taste of it and I am not surprised ^^ any ideas for some flavourings or something like that ? Today he ate it on the toast but I am not sure it it will have the same effect ?

IMG_20200404_212529_HHT.jpg
IMG_20200404_185203_HHT.jpg
What kind of coconut oil did you used?

We infuse our CBD into MTC coconut oil, then use from a small bottle with a dropper. We only need 1 or 2 ml under the tongue to get good results. If you hold under your tongue for a bit then chase with juice or something there is almost no taste left. I’m not sure if this would work for the dose you require.
we have added peppermint extract in the past, and this works well too.

Are you infusing it with flower or oil. I hated the taste so I , now I squeeze the flower for rosin , then I de-carb the rosin then melt it into my mct oil. It really does improve the taste.

Back
Top Bottom