In flowring cycle for about 2 weeks can i trim tips of plant

damnyourhot

its unknown unknown

but its about 15-18 in tall

has about 8 levels so far but not bushy leaves are broad and big
color is dark its healthy

i wanna trim all the leaves will this kill it or will it help it make more teirs

in between eatch tier where plant joins stem is leaves growing out

1st grow and i just wanna do what i can to make it not be somthing that takes forever

Re: in flowring cycle for about 2 weeks can i trim tips of plant

Do not touch the fan leaves. Leave them alone. The fan leaves are the major solar collection panels of the plant and are very necessary for proper photosynthesis. Cutting them off will do more harm then good. :peace:

Why would you want to cut all the leaves off? More importantly what makes you think that its a good idea? I deffinately reccomend against trimming all the leaves from your plant, for the same reason RooRman stated.

ya all the leaves is a bad idea, for the reason thats how they take in light, plus it would cause alot of stress... but if i have only a small area (2ft x 2ft by 4ft high) how would you go about trimming it to fill the plant in as much as possible?

Unless the leaves are damaged, diseased, dying, dead. I say leave'em. I Agree with StonerGrower & RooRman.

Why would you want to cut all the leaves off? More importantly what makes you think that its a good idea? I deffinately reccomend against trimming all the leaves from your plant, for the same reason RooRman stated.

because its my first grow andive seen pics where all the tips of plants were trimmed i thought it helped keep the tips from dieing and starting to make the leaves crunchy heh i mean like i said i dont know much but i know alot more then i did 3 months ago now

and natrually i have had to trim a few tips here and there because i burned them but now i just let them be and dont even trim them if that happens

because its my first grow andive seen pics where all the tips of plants were trimmed i thought it helped keep the tips from dieing and starting to make the leaves crunchy heh i mean like i said i dont know much but i know alot more then i did 3 months ago now
and natrually i have had to trim a few tips here and there because i burned them but now i just let them be and dont even trim them if that happens

The trimmed tips you've seen were probably on clones, or cuttings taken from other plants. These start off with just the stem and no roots, so the leaf mass is reduced by trimming to allow the water and nutrient intake to better match the plant's natural respiration. If your plant has roots you shouldn't need to remove leaves unless they are diseased or completely dead.

The trimmed tips you've seen were probably on clones, or cuttings taken from other plants. These start off with just the stem and no roots, so the leaf mass is reduced by trimming to allow the water and nutrient intake to better match the plant's natural respiration. If your plant has roots you shouldn't need to remove leaves unless they are diseased or completely dead.

:cheer: to that

Back
Top Bottom