In need of advice please!

gfletch

Hi All

I am doing a super skunk auto in soil under 250w hps. I am using bio bizz nutrients and have been poorly advised to use a 20l pot. My tent is 0.8m/0.8m/1.2

420-magazine-mobile1604689737.jpg

This is my first grow and i am worried about how close the plant is too the light and how cramped it looks in the tent.

420-magazine-mobile1714576844.jpg

I have used low stress training to
keep the height down but it doesnt seem to want to stop growing yet. I have moved the light as high as it can go and i do not have another tent to move it into.

Any advice would be great i am aware i need to use smaller pots and maybe a taller tent next time.

Hi All

I am doing a super skunk auto in soil under 250w hps. I am using bio bizz nutrients and have been poorly advised to use a 20l pot. My tent is 0.8m/0.8m/1.2

420-magazine-mobile1604689737.jpg

This is my first grow and i am worried about how close the plant is too the light and how cramped it looks in the tent.

420-magazine-mobile1714576844.jpg

I have used low stress training to
keep the height down but it doesnt seem to want to stop growing yet. I have moved the light as high as it can go and i do not have another tent to move it into.

Any advice would be great i am aware i need to use smaller pots and maybe a taller tent next time.

Wow! You should be really proud of the size of that Auto! How old is It? Has it started to flower? It's so cool how big it Is! What kind of pot do you have? Hard plastic, or soft material? What kind of low stress training have you been doing?

Nice to meet you gfletch!

:passitleft:

Thanks!! Its 5 weeks old and I am using a hard plastic pot which i think is way to big for the tent lol. Its started flowering about 4 days ago and i am worried avout how close it is to the light.

In regards to training I tied down the main cola to give some of the smaller ones more light then, then i tied down the bottom ones so they would go out wide instead of tall.

420-magazine-mobile1212788257.jpg

Its worked out better than i thought but just really worried about how close it is too the light.

Nice to meet you too .

When we use hard pots, we buy coated wire in the gardening section at the big box stores. We cut the wire and bend over the ends enough to hook to the pot, and in the crotch of the fan leaves. Be careful not to damage the area where the buds will grow. Then you can use all kinds of wires to pull the branches lower, without having to super crop. That aught to spread her out more so you don't habe to worry about the light burning her.

When we use hard pots, we buy coated wire in the gardening section at the big box stores. We cut the wire and bend over the ends enough to hook to the pot, and in the crotch of the fan leaves. Be careful not to damage the area where the buds will grow. Then you can use all kinds of wires to pull the branches lower, without having to super crop. That aught to spread her out more so you don't habe to worry about the light burning her.
oh ok i have been using string and some homemade wire clips to attach them to the pot as i could not find coated wire.

My issue is that whichever way i choose to bend it the rest of the plant seems to get really squashed and does not look good. I might just be being over thinking it though.

thanks for the tips!

I'd say your overthinking mate I hope your proud of that auto it's a beast, if you got a net I use that to tie mine down to in this fashion I too av only used string but also a net which would made your life easier if still look into getting one if you ain't already they help keep height down
420-magazine-mobile1828949848.jpg

I'd say your overthinking mate I hope your proud of that auto it's a beast, if you got a net I use that to tie mine down to in this fashion I too av only used string but also a net which would made your life easier if still look into getting one if you ain't already they help keep height down
420-magazine-mobile1828949848.jpg
ok that does sound like a good idea with the net im guessing its not too late to put it on top now? and yeh bro i am proud of it everyone says its good for a first attempt. i am looking at getting a 2m high tent for next time.

ok that does sound like a good idea with the net im guessing its not too late to put it on top now? and yeh bro i am proud of it everyone says its good for a first attempt. i am looking at getting a 2m high tent for next time.

I put my net in late it's just not as good compared to doing it earlier but make sure to take your time and visualise what your gonna do before you do it the last thing you want is to snap a big colar now, I put mine in and slowly worked it thru you can feel if the plant will bend enough or not but then when all a in place you can nudge your net Down a inch and your plants will follow just don't be rough with it the longer you wait the harder the stem gets the fresher the growth the bendier ..
420-magazine-mobile341332626.jpg

ok mate thats a good idea will go look for one tomo! thanks for that i was stressing a bit! Will let you know how it goes mate cheers

ok mate thats a good idea will go look for one tomo! thanks for that i was stressing a bit! Will let you know how it goes mate cheers .

Don't get stressed brother just light up a j and hit me or another member of the community as someone once said to me here we only succeed when you succeed

Just thought i would check in with an update. I have managed to continue with the supercropping with some success and have a new (taller) tent coming in the morning.

420-magazine-mobile1564817796.jpg

Thanks again for help and will let you all know how it goes .

i would go and buy a cool tube or hood that way it wont directly touch the bulb if it gets to close also 250 is to small for a plant that size anyway you want at least a 600 or you wont get any penetration

Really? I thought 250w was fine for the tent I had as it is so small. My ballast has the super lumens option which puts it upto about 275w I think. Would you advice using that setting?
420-magazine-mobile508420736.jpg

You'll get growth out of it mate your right but it won't bulk them lower buds up as much as a 600 or led seem to penetrate alto too mars hydro and epistar line

Back
Top Bottom